Alexander Summers & Larua Kinney
Thread of the Moment
All These Parts Of Me
Plot of the Moment
Clinical Cure
Quote of the Moment
Clinical Cure: Sending a Message

REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

I'm not afraid to take the world on myself, Tag; Donald (LC)
Melissa Gold
 Posted: Jul 11 2018, 11:26 AM
Songbird
23 AGE
53 POSTS
Brotherhood
CLASS 3

[ June 18th - 2 weeks to the dot of their first meeting ]

If someone asked Melissa if she was doing well, she would of had to tell them to jump off a cliff. Her throat was still sore. She was out of work and it sucked. Her throat was still pretty wrecked. Thankfully, the places she worked liked to help out. Two of them had a fundraiser for her and the other let her work evenings behind the bar when she felt okay enough to. It wasn't often, but the money from the two fundraisers went to pay her bills for a few months. She was smart about the money. Jawa had also gotten a small stockpile of toys just incase he decided to rip all of his current ones to shreds. She had already worked out with the petstore where she got his food for weekly food pick ups for a few months and paid up front. They knew her and Jawa well. They even through in some of his favorite treats after hearing what was going on.

She hated pity.

After the incident with Donald, she had taken refuge in Brian's place. She had to get away and she was afraid to be alone. She had packed a week's worth of clothes and Jawa's things. Everything that could spoil was thrown out and a house sitter was called, she was out. She had to admit that staying at Brian's place was wonderful. They saw a lot of each other, talked a lot, kissed a lot. The more physically intimate things were left off the table as she was quick to be a little anxious and scared when they got too close. She did sleep next to him, though, finding herself entangled in his limbs in the morning. In those few moments before she fully woke up, it was perfect. When the anxiety set in, she'd gently remove herself and go make coffee and burn some eggs. If he ever noticed, Brian never mentioned it. He just was there, comforting her. It made her relax.

Melissa and Brian had also started fighting lessons. She had been joking about it earlier, but after the incident with Donald fresh in her mind? She wanted to learn everything she could. She didn't want to put her life to chance again. She wanted a fighting chance to survive. She couldn't depend on her powers. After a week, she was comfortable enough to go home. Brian was against it, but after a few wifey jokes, she cleared a bit of non-negotiable clothes from the drawer he had made for her and left the rest. If it would make him feel better, she'd leave a few things there. She left her toothbrush too. Jokes were made about that as well. She was full of them to pretend that she wasn't that nervous to be by herself.

When Melissa got home, she had gotten the package. She didn't know how long it had been there, but the house sitter had left it on the table. She opened it to find a phone. She frowned a little. She had already gotten a new phone with Brian. Why would he send her another? She sure as shit didn't order one. She flipped the phone around and shrugged, setting it down. She'd deal with it later. Once everything was set up and finalized, she came back to the phone. She turned it on and was appalled at what she found. Inside was a single number under "Donald Pierce". She frowned and looked through the gallery. It was all pictures of her moving around. She felt sick. She dropped the phone and backed away from it.

Her first notion was to call Brian, but she pushed away the idea. She was a big girl. She could handle it. He ran a hand over her throat, swallowing. She pushed it from her head. It was someone trying to scare her. It couldn't be Suit. That would be stupid, right? She chucked the phone into a drawer and went about her life. She pretended like it didn't exist until it pretty much faded from her memory. Life had to get back to normal.

A week after she discovered the phone, Melissa was heading back into her apartment. In her arms was the first supply of Jawa's food. She fumbled with the keys and the door for a moment before letting herself in. She tapped her foot on the floor three times for Jawa to know she was home. When he didn't come instantly, she sighed dramatically. "Special fox..." She closed and locked the door behind her before setting the bag down. She tapped her foot three more times, waiting for her fox. When he still didn't come, she got worried. She picked up the bag again and made heavy footfalls into the kitchen.

That's when she saw him. She dropped her bag instantly, everything scattering to the wind. There was Suit sitting there, petting her fox. She let out a low hum of warning. Jawa slid away from Donald and trotted up to his owner like there was no issue. She picked Jawa up and held him close to her. "W-what are you doing here?" Her voice was still a little croaky from their run in. She looked Jawa over instantly for any sort of hurts. Keeping her eyes on Donald, she moved down to grab a treat for Jawa. She let out a low vibrating tone and Jawa took the treat and disappeared into the depths of her apartment. "I didn't think I'd see you again.. so soon."

Play with me get ripped apart
tag: @Donald Pierce / notes: Yiisss.....

This post has been edited by Magdalena Caras: Jul 11 2018, 12:45 PM
PM
^
Donald Pierce
 Posted: Jul 11 2018, 04:38 PM
Black Bishop
36 AGE
42 POSTS
Hellfire
CLASS 2

It really hadn’t been that difficult.

Some time, a little money and finally some manpower, and Donald had successfully tracked the pink haired woman down. Melissa, her name was Melissa and while the last two weeks had him visiting a ophthalmologist a good handful of times, sadly even his best efforts and all the money in the world would not save the eye. It had been ruptured and after a fairly routine surgery (at least for the cyborg, surgeries were part of his normal schedule) to remove the worst of the destroyed tissue, he was back on his feet and forced to where an eye patch until he figured exactly how he was going to replace it. Ideally, he would get his hands on a vile of that serum, surely it would prove to yield quicker results than modern medicine. Even he, in all his brilliance had never put much effort or thought into building an optic implant, but he was now.

One of the presented options would prove successful with time and commitment, but now, one would think he would have a score to settle, that was the driving force behind him putting all this effort into finding this woman and locating her home.
But no, Donald Pierce wasn’t out for revenge today, oddly enough he had only come here to talk, exchange a few words with this young lady and could only hope that he, and all his efforts, would be well received.

Surprisingly, her little pet had been quite friendly with him from of the hop, nearly as soon as he entered the apartment, bumping up against his leg in a manner similar to that of a house cat. What a strange pet, foxes, like most forest creatures were little more than pests in Donald’s eyes, creatures that cased problems and were not even worth the ammo to get rid them, but he opted to at least tolerate the creature, nosing around the place and finding the package he had sent her, opened, but clearly not appreciated.

Despite how ridiculous he felt having to cover one eye to avoid infection and further problems, he was dressed impeccably well, as if he was on his way to a fancy party or maybe a date…

Once his brief stint of snooping was over, he took a seat at her kitchen table, expecting her to arrive anytime soon and the little fuzzball quickly hopped up into his lap, which again, was off setting having vermin this close to him. But again, it was tolerated, if only for now. Stroking the strange little creature was relaxing, providing him some mild enjoyment, not an experience he ever had as a child, in fact while growing up all of his experiences with animals was shooting them, collecting trophies the world over with his father.

The door opened and she entered, clearly surprised to him not only in her home, but making nice with her fuzzy, little friend. When the fox hopped off his lap, he crossed a leg over the knee, the palms on his hands on top of the table and with a curt, but seemingly nonthreatening gesture of his hand, gesturing for Melissa to maybe take a seat, join and then spoke, “You’ve been a busy little bee, haven’t you? You didn’t call, so I had to be certain you got the package I sent you.” He paused, considering two weeks ago he had attempted to abduct her with force, so something like an explanation was needed, and then added, “I think you and I met under the wrong circumstances, I’d like to rectify that error.”

@Melissa Gold
PM EMAIL
^
Melissa Gold
 Posted: Jul 14 2018, 04:38 PM
Songbird
23 AGE
53 POSTS
Brotherhood
CLASS 3

Melissa didn't know what to do. She felt herself getting sick to her stomach. She didn't think he could find her, but she should of known better. He was a suit. He was a fucking crazy suit and he knew her face. This was a problem. He had her number now. Her name, address, probably where she worked. She was stuck in a rock and a hard place. What was she going to do? She was terrified. She plastered on a smile, though it was a thinner one. She grabbed her groceries and went to put them up like nothing was wrong. She was looking for something to arm herself with. A small paring knife would do. She wouldn't have to do a lot of damage, just enough to distract him.

Melissa slipped into her shirt where it wouldn't cut her if she got into a scuffle. She put up her things and sighed softly. She rubbed her neck and motioned to her fridge. "I have beer, water, and soda.. what's your poison?" She grabbed herself a beer and popped the top with her bottle opener. She leaned against her counter, her body seeming relaxed. She sipped it and raised a brow. She looked to where she threw the phone. She shrugged her shoulders a bit. She wasn't interested in the phone he offered her. It was tainted with his stink, but she wouldn't say that right now. She had no real way to escape and he not fuck something up.

Like Jawa.

Melissa had to think of something. Anything to get this man out of her apartment. A text to Brian wasn't the answer right now. He couldn't really help her other than come kick this guy out. Everything had been violated. She would have to move. She'd have to switch bars. She had to kill him. That seemed to be the only way she'd be able to fix this. She rubbed the back of her neck and downed more beer. "Something like that I suppose.." She caught his eyes with her own. "We all can't be privleged enough to sit atop a tower and order pawns around for us. How did you find me?" She heard the displeasure in her voice. She cleared her throat and took another drink. "We weren't supposed to meet yet. The timing wasn't right." She murmured. "Did you miss me or something? I thought I was mutant scum..?" She honeyed those words, trying to ease his hatred while in her home. Was it a joke? Maybe. That was the feelings she threw in there.

Melissa raised her brow and finished off her beer. "All right... rectify it.. I'm listening.." She opened the fridge and got another beer, popping it and taking a long drink. "You seemed pretty intent on killing me.."

tag: @Donald Pierce / notes: Wom wom wom
PM
^
Donald Pierce
 Posted: Jul 14 2018, 10:20 PM
Black Bishop
36 AGE
42 POSTS
Hellfire
CLASS 2

Considering the long list of circumstances between the pair, attempted murder, assault, tracking her down and entering her home without permission, Melissa’s reaction to his presence was relatively muted, controlled. Sure, she had been surprised, dropping her groceries at the initial sight of him… Not that he had hurried in any which way to offer any help, that was beneath him. In his own twisted ways, Donald believed that was because deep down, she was happy to see him, at least, he would allow himself to believe that.

"I have beer, water, and soda.. what's your poison?"

Listening intently, as she put away her purchased, and offered him something to drink, Pierce doubted Melissa had anything that would suit his tastes, at least in the refrigerator and so, politely declined her offer. “No, no thank you.”

Maintaining a cool, calm aura to himself to not startle her or alarm her more than she might already be. In fact, his demeanor was a sharp contrast to the man he had been the last time they had met, a true homage to the man’s ability to flip from a real psychopath, to a that of a soft spoke, polite, charmer. But there was something more a lingering on his forethoughts, she had impressed him, much more than he ever thought possible…frightened him, even though the latter would not be quick admit. He had perked her interested with survival instincts and of course, her unique power set.

"We all can't be privleged enough to sit atop a tower and order pawns around for us.

He chuckled again, a rather attractive smile growing on his features, clearly finding joy in her rather passive aggressive words and tone, he could tell that she frightened and maybe for now, Donald would let her hang onto that feeling, it may aid in keeping her in line, more receptive to what he had came here to suggest. “Hmm… I think you would be quite adept at such things, don’t you?”

How did you find me?"

“Trust me, my dear, it was easy and I’ll do it again, if I have to. However, I really detest wasting my time.” There was a brief shift in his pleasant demeanor here though, and it made what he said just that more much clear. She wasn’t getting away, no matter what, he would find her. She did however, keep the some space between them, which was understandable, rude, but understandable, at least for now.

"We weren't supposed to meet yet. The timing wasn't right." "Did you miss me or something? I thought I was mutant scum..?"

He chuckled first and then spoke, “You are, but a striking example of your kind, one that I refuse to simply give up on. You made me see that.” Donald was clearly amused with his blunt delivery, but then regressed into something more of a worthy explanation for the inquisitive, pink haired vixen and continued with, “It seems like an okay time for me, are you expecting anyone?” He inquired, with an intrusive tilt of his head and then added, it almost sounded apologetic, almost. “You seem like you recovered fairly swiftly.” Eyeing her throat briefly, that only had the remnants of the trauma from weeks prior lingering on her flesh, he then reached up with a metal finger, scratching the cheek right below his missing eye and cleared his throat shortly after.

"All right... rectify it.. I'm listening.." "You seemed pretty intent on killing me..

He exhaled deeply, as if he was annoyed by taking about his assault from weeks ago, as if he expected to already be forgiven. And he did, self centered and devoid of empathy to the bitter end, but maybe she just needed a little more convincing. “Oh, my darling Melissa, believe me when I say that I definitely considered it, I usually do not take personal failure very kindly.”

“But, I must admit, whats important is that you impressed me, not an easy feat, sweet Melissa. You deserve a much better fate than the one I almost sent you to. And I regret that, even I make mistakes.” He briefly crinkled his nose a little bit, clearly not comfortable with such a personal statement. Watching as she downed the beer like her life depended on it, maybe she believed that this may be her last chance to enjoy a malty brew, but if that was so, she was greatly mistaken.

“You could be mine and I could teach you so much, you are strong, you are a fighter…You deserve to be with me. A place where you can flourish, you can have everything you’ve ever wanted…I can give it all to you.”

@Melissa Gold
PM EMAIL
^
Melissa Gold
 Posted: Jul 15 2018, 03:08 AM
Songbird
23 AGE
53 POSTS
Brotherhood
CLASS 3

Melissa shrugged her shoulders as he told her he didn't want anything. She could probably guess why. Her things weren't 'fine enough' for him. She wanted to roll her eyes. Instead she shrugged her shoulders and grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge setting it in front of him. She made sure to maintain a decent distance from him. She didn't want him grabbing her without a knife deep in his craw. She didn't want him that close ever again. The thought of it made her shudder inwards. She refused to show that kind of weakness in front of him. She retreated to the counters once more before sitting on them. She put one foot up on the edge of counter and watched him through half lidded eyes, drinking. "Never say I was a bad host.."

Melissa rolled her eyes as she sipped her beer. She'd be adept at ordering people around? Who was he to make such judgements about her. "Believe it or not, I don't believe myself better than other people. It's one of the many things that set us apart, you and I. I don't have to have fancy things and the best of the best of everything to feel alive and worthwhile. I find such things in my relationships and interactions with others." She leaned her head on her knee a little, watching him, as if completely at ease. She was a lioness lounging in her tree, watching the intruder closely, waiting to rip his throat out.

Melissa snorted some. It was easy. "And you didn't sweat a drop did you?" She rolled her eyes. "I'd be more impressed if you did any of the footwork yourself. You paid someone else to do it." She spat the words a little, but he already knew how much she detested money. It wasn't him, it was his inability to do anything himself. She popped her neck. "Well, I didn't ask to be found. If I have to pack up and find another place to call home, it's because you decided you had to intrude in my home and in my life." Anyone would be displeased with someone just appearing in their life and in their home without any warning. She wasn't out of line. "Could of dropped a line first. Told me you were coming. I would of cleaned up.." Honestly, her home almost didn't look lived in and that's the way she preferred it.

Melissa tried not to laugh when he called her a striking example of her kind. She really did, but she couldn't help it. "You're kidding me, right? I'm a "striking" example? No. You've got the wrong girl. I'm a street rat with more attitude than sense." She shook her head. "There are better people than I." She watched him and shrugged her shoulders. "I've got someone coming later, yes, and I'd prefer if you clear out before that person gets here." She instinctively put a hand around her throat as he mentioned it. Her eyes narrowed and spat in her sink, a clear reminder of their last encounter. "No thanks to someone in this room." She wanted to throw the bottle at his head. If Jawa had been elsewhere, it would of went flying. She, instead, dropped it in the sink, letting it shatter. If nothing else, it gave her other weapons to work with, should she need it.

Melissa rolled her eyes as he seemed perturbed that she was holding a grudge against him. She wanted to throw the new bottle at him. She murmured. "That's a pretty shitty sentiment. Wanting to kill me still and sitting in my fucking house..." She watched him as he continued. She had apparently impressed him. She was wondering when she was supposed to start caring. What he thought of her had never crossed her mind since that night. When Brian came and took her away, keeping her safe. Even he made mistakes apparently. She would of been impressed with this small stroke of character development if he weren't... well... him.

Melissa tried not to let the surprise show on her face. He wanted her? The pit of her stomach began wobbling like she was going to be sick. He tried to kill her and suddenly he wanted to fuck her? How fucked up was this dude. She took a deep breath and decided being truthful was the best policy in this matter. "You're a few months too late for that. I'm seeing someone and I'm quite satisfied with my current relationship." She watched him closely. "He's good to me and good for me. He might not be some suit who can order people around to do his dirty work, but he's a warm and kind hearted man that I'm very fond of. He also doesn't think of me as property." She watched him close. "Believe it or not, I'm doing quite well on my own. No, I don't live in a mansion or a penthouse, but my life is my own. I owe no man. So, thank you for the kind offer, but I must politely refuse."

tag: @Donald Pierce / notes: Well, this isn't going to go well...
PM
^
Donald Pierce
 Posted: Jul 15 2018, 04:02 PM
Black Bishop
36 AGE
42 POSTS
Hellfire
CLASS 2

"Never say I was a bad host.."

A fake, and I mean super fake, expression of shock mixed lightly with mild offense danced over the once neutral expression that the cyborg held, even bring a palm to his chest to highlight the meaning of his words. “Melissa, I would never do such a thing.” He pretended to be appreciative, but that was just not the case with the man. He did, however, very much want to win to her over and his first strategy would be kindness, a certain, almost sickening, politeness that would hopefully continue to put her at ease and eventually, win her over.

"Believe it or not, I don't believe myself better than other people. It's one of the many things that set us apart, you and I. I don't have to have fancy things and the best of the best of everything to feel alive and worthwhile. I find such things in my relationships and interactions with others."

Donald listened, for the most it appeared to be fairly intently too, but the cyborg had a certain selective hearing, only picking up on the parts he wanted to hear and everything literally went through one ear and right out the other.
Tapping a few fingers on the table top and eyeing Melissa’s behaviour very carefully, trying to study her every move, while remaining very still himself, the rapping of his metal fingers. “You are not hearing me, you could be so much more but I see that you believe yourself to be comfortable with this…” He trailed off, a small, contained laugh pushed through his lips, Donald couldn’t help it, it was amusing, he could never understand living like this for one and being content with it.

It was so beneath him, it made him temporarily uncomfortable.
But that sensation passed and the cyborg was grateful for that much.
Still, he was quite regimented with his behaviour, showing a fairly impressive level of self control now, only time would show just how long that would last. In fact, he secretly wished he would have been commended for it, but apparently, Melissa was more interested in upholding a grudge than seeing the grand opportunity presented right in front in her. And that was a real shame on her part.

"And you didn't sweat a drop did you?"

“No, I didn’t. Is it that unbelievable?” He answered swiftly in return, not appreciating her little snort or series of eye rolls in any which way or form.

How rude.

The rest of what she had to say here, Donald simply ignored mostly because he didn’t really consider her feelings on the matter, it was his own goals that had brought him here today, but the cyborg really wanted it to appear the exact opposite. That he was here to offer her some saving grace, a better life and a taste of what he could offer her. Frustration started to take a grip over him, looming in his body language and especially in the heavy scowl that had made its way onto his features. Delicate fingers ran down each side of jacket, lifting it slightly and briefly away from his frame along the lapels, for sure a finely tailored ensemble, suddenly he felt very restricted by the layers of clothing on his body. While he did, a small glisten of sunlight bounced off the exposed grip of the platinum plated pistol that was held right next to his chest, he did that absentmindedly though, with no intention to put the firearm on display.
Yet.

"There are better people than I."

Readjusting his position in his seat, he leaned in a little, pressing his elbows onto the table now, eyeing Melissa from afar with focus, wishing to place some wisdom upon her, she was indeed very ill informed. “You should stop believing that, such personal restrictions will only yield failure and disappointment.” His head turned to the sound of breaking glass, truly wondering if that had been accident or perhaps there was a darker intention with such clumsy action…

"That's a pretty shitty sentiment. Wanting to kill me still and sitting in my fucking house..."

“You didn’t call, what else was I supposed to do?” He replied swiftly, holding his chin so high he would drown if caught in a sudden down pour. It was clear that Donald did not see anything wrong with his behaviour, and additionally, held minimal (if any) guilt for harming her before.

“Melissa, you look surprised.” He said first, meeting her eyes for a moment and Donald couldn’t help to smile at her, surely that would yield some sort of reaction from the pink haired mutant. Somehow, he maintained it too, even upon discovering that she was already in a relationship. He truly doubted it was as good as she described, but if that was all she had ever known, how could she know any better?

“Is that it, then, you see as nothing more than freak in a suit? …tsk…tsk…tsk.”

“We are too different, is that how you see it?” His tone of voice had raised now, clearly irritated by her stubbornness more than anything. He cleared his throat in an attempt to calm not only himself but lower his raised tone of voice to something more pleasing to the ear and then added, “I suppose I can’t blame you.”

“We are from different worlds, maybe too different to be together, but that doesn’t mean I can’t offer you more, in fact, I could propose an arrangement if that would be more to your liking?” He wasn’t ready to give up quite yet, Donald Pierce was not necessarily used to not getting what he wanted and did not know how to handle rejection well, no matter how polite she had attempted to make it. She would just have to be convinced and if pleasant words and kind offers would not capture her attention, maybe something else would.

“I have to ask, is that your natural hair color?”

@[Meliisa Gold]
PM EMAIL
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Affiliates
Candyland Couture Shadowplay
UNCANNY EVOLUTION Heroes Reborn WHAT WE CHOOSE
GLITTER & GOLD Infinite Dreams