Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken, Tag; Brian
Melissa Gold
 Posted: May 4 2018, 03:57 AM
Songbird
23 AGE
53 POSTS
Brotherhood
CLASS 3

Melissa was having a good day. No, scrap that. Melissa was having an amazing day. She and Brian had made things official and she could finally say with all truthfulness that no, she couldn't go home with someone because she had a man. A very attractive British man. So very attractive. Melissa had to be real with herself. She was not allowed to his place just as he was not allowed to hers. Why?

Melissa would not be able to contain herself.

To be completely honest, Melissa had never been in a real and serious relationship before. Most of them were superficial or if they had any chance at getting real, Melissa fucked it up big time. She had done unthinkable things because she was too afraid. Now she was here again, but something told her that Brian was not one to give up so easily. Not like that. She had gotten to work early, humming and prancing about. People were worried.

She changed out of the clothes she had shown Brian earlier over text message and slipped into an incredibly short black dress and a black leather jacket. Incredibly high heels finished everything out. It was more suited to her actual style rather than something with "stage presence". She didn't have to worry about her wardrobe or anything like that. She was pretty thankful for that. If she had her choice, she'd be in something comfortable for every gig. She went over the speech she had written in her head as she put on her make up. She went for something fairly simple since she was going out after her set. It matched with the theme a little better. She looked at herself in the mirror.

"No time to be nervous, Gold. You're fine. You're not bearing your soul on stage tonight. You're singing a bunch of songs. Other people's songs. You're fine with that. You don't have to worry that this is actually your soul out there." She took a deep breath as she lidded her eyes, listening to the night kick off. She had requested to change the set up a little bit. Instead of going last as she was supposed to, she was first. She shook all of the fear out of her as she stood, heading for the stage. She was introduced and she walked out on stage. A kiss on the MC's cheek as she settled on a stool, making sure she didn't flash the crowd.

"Welcome to the Black Rose. All of the performers appreciate you coming tonight. It's going to be a little different tonight. Normally we come out here and prance around in fancy dresses and clothes. In honor of Mental Health Awareness month we've decided to have a special night tonight. You'll be getting a slice of the performers as people. Some of us are laying our souls bare with original pieces, others are choosing to cover songs that describe themselves well. I was supposed to go on last tonight, but..." Melissa laughed, a little embarrassed. "... I have a date tonight.." The crowd laughed, a few cheered but most patrons clapped.

"Yeah yeah. Clap all you want. I know you all think I'm going to be nicer now that I'm getting some on the regular, but I hate to tell you that you're mistaken." Another laugh ripped through the crowd. She raised her hand after a minute to quiet them down. She smiled and relaxed. "So I'm going to start us off tonight. Without further ado, I'm going to go ahead and get started." She looked off stage and listened for a moment. She looked back at the crowd. "Yes! I almost forgot. If any of you are in need of help, reach out to one of the members of staff and we've gotten together a packet together about mental illness and free services around the city. There's no shame in getting help. Even if you just need a shoulder to cry on."

Melissa settled herself and nodded to off stage. As the first song began, she steeled herself for what would be a work of restraint. The songs she chose were emotionally charged for her. She would have to rein back her powers. She took a deep breath and looked up at the crowd. She began singing, weaving her powers throughout the crowd. A feeling of sadness would wash over them. Pain of rejection. Pain of loss. Pain of years of torment. There was an edge there, however. Something that was not often there. Hope. It cut the sadness and balanced it. Yes, there was pain in the past, but the future. The future looked bright.

Melissa continued to sing, choosing not to explain the songs and what they meant to her like some of the other performers would. She wouldn't be able to get through the set if she did. She finished the set, but there was silence in the audience. She broke off her powers and smiled at everyone. She stood slowly and bowed her head. "Thank you all.." She walked off stage as applause erupted.

She smiled some and grabbed her phone, texting Brian. My set is done. If you want to come on, I'm getting changed now. I want to get a few drinks in, see one or two of the other performers and head out.

Melissa changed into the outfit from before. She almost wished she could stick in the dress they had chose for her tonight, but it wasn't hers. She definitely wanted to get one later, though. She'd talk to Sarah, the talent coordinator for the bar. She'd know. After everything was hung up, she slipped out from the stage and headed for the bar. She tapped two fingers on the bar. She settled into a spot where she could watch the door, waiting for Brian to get there.

Melissa reached for her phone and sent another text to him. I'm at the bar when you get here. http://flawed.b1.jcink.com/uploads/flawed/avatars/emoticons/heart.gif

[ Playlist for the set: Click Me!

Play with me get ripped apart
tag: @Brian Braddock / notes: Sneaky sneaks
PM
^
Brian Braddock
 Posted: May 6 2018, 01:59 AM
lionheart
Thirty-four AGE
420 POSTS
Damocles
CLASS 3

Brian Braddock was not often the sort of man who had ulterior motives. He was generally forthright and honest, letting his intentions be known before proceeding with a given plan of action. But if there was one thing Brian knew how to keep quiet, it was a good surprise. When he’d learned that Melissa was working, rather than waiting for her to be finished with work, he’d called the Black Rose (when you had a name and an address, a phone number wasn’t far behind,) and asked about the evening’s events, including when Melissa went on. Whoever had answered the phone politely told him when things started, and that she would be the opening act since the schedule had needed to be shifted around. Brian had gone through his closet longer than usual, before settling on a partially unbuttoned white dress shirt, slacks, and a dark grey blazer. It was still a bit cool outside, and it was nice to have a jacket when you were flying.

Brian landed in the closest alley and walked the rest of the way to the Black Rose, double-checking his watch despite the fact that he’d left himself plenty of time. He wasn’t going to miss an opportunity to hear Melissa, whether he was expected or not. Brian paid his cover, dropping a few extra notes into a jar they’d set up front for one of the mental health organizations in the city. He couldn’t make Jamie seek help, but perhaps they could reach someone who wanted help, who was more receptive to it. While he was still on his brother’s side with all this “W” business, that didn’t mean Jamie didn’t need help. He sighed, shaking off the dour feeling as he made his way closer to the bar, bright blue eyes scanning the liquor on display before catching the bartender’s attention and giving him a half smile. The man behind the bar winked to him. “What can I get you, handsome?” Brian was...well, a bit taken aback, but he rolled with it, nodding to one of the higher shelves behind the bar. ”The Macallan ten year with stones rather than ice, please.” The bartender arched a brow, before nodding. “As much as I’d like to let you slide by on good looks and charm, whiskey stones cost extra. That okay with you?” Brian tilted his head slightly, making sure he heard the man properly before nodding easily, handing over a card. ”Hrm? A charge? That’s fine. Leave it open, if you don’t mind.”

The bartender seemed a little surprised that he didn’t balk at the charge for stones (or the cost associated with the Macallan, for that matter.) Brian turned to look toward the stage as people milled about, getting settled in before the performances started. Brian heard the clink of stones in a glass as the bartender prepared his drink. As the man set the glass in front of Brian, he tilted his head, curious about the taller man. “You’re dressed up quite a bit to be drinking alone; I mean, no judgment if you are. We’ve all been there. Just an observation.” Brian laughed, picking up the drink and took a sip from the Macallan, feeling the warmth flood through him before looking back to the bartender, shaking his head. ”I’m here to see someone perform, actually.”

Speak of the devil...the MC took the stage, and it wasn’t long before Melissa’s name was called and she appeared on stage, settling neatly on a stool. From the moment she walked out, Melissa had Brian’s full attention. It had been too long since he’d seen her last, but he was glad she’d texted him today. Someone had gotten into his phone and changed her contact picture, which had earned a head tilt from Brian, but it had been easily remedied. Her name now had his slightly surprised face as she kissed him in the little bubble above it again, and all was well.

Melissa joked a little about having their date tonight, and Brian couldn’t help but smile a bit. He hadn’t meant for her to have to rearrange the whole night, but he was glad he got to see her again. Without much pomp and circumstance, Melissa dove into her setlist, and Brian was lost to the world.

To try and explain it all in a manner that would be comprehensible and reasonable really would have done the music a disservice. Brian hadn’t been familiar with any of the songs, but they resonated all the same, a general theme ringing through with them. He felt his chest tighten as a sudden feeling struck him, reminding him of nearly half a dozen things at once; his parents were gone, never to return. He wasn’t nearly as close to Jamie as he ought to be, and his brother had proclaimed that he was supposed to be, that all this was a lie. But even as he felt the knife twist in his heart, reminding him of all these things, he couldn’t forget about what was going on. He was here for her, here to listen to her sing and to be with her. Everything would be all right, wouldn’t it?

And just like that, before he could even realize it, she was done, thanking the crowd and disappearing off the stage. Brian’s hands clapped, though they were lost in the thunderous applause from the rest of the room. Brian glanced over, realizing he’d cleared his glass at some point during Melissa’s set and not even realized it. He turned his head, waiting to catch the bartender’s attention and order another glass. While the man was preparing the drink, Melissa’s first text came through, and Brian responded quickly. ”See you soon.” Brian thanked the bartender and scooped up his drink, moving to plunge into the crowd to have a bit of cover while he watched for Melissa to arrive from backstage. It was surprising how well the two-meter man was able to blend into the crowd, but that was what crowds did; swallow people up when you weren’t quite sure where to look. Not too long after, Melissa came out in the outfit she’d taken a picture in, settling in a spot to watch the door, presumably for him. Not long after she messaged him, Brian responded on his phone: ”Behind you.” He laughed a little, a grin on his face as he politely shouldered his way through the crowd, moving to stand near her. He nodded toward the stage before meeting her eyes, amusement lining his. ”Lucky I came along early, otherwise I might have missed getting to hear you sing.” Brian leaned in, pressing a kiss to her cheek and drawn back slightly, his voice a bit softer as he spoke this time. ”It was beautiful, by the way. The songs, the feelings they struck while you sang...you’re incredibly talented at what you do.”

The words were genuine; Brian wasn’t often one for flattery. He took another drink from his scotch, setting the glass on the bar near them. It was different, being around her in one of her places, but it still felt good, right, almost. He leaned down to hug her gently, before pulling back. ”It’s good to see you again. Glad you haven’t forgotten about me just yet.” The Englishman nodded to the bartender, his eyes never leaving her. ”Can I get you something to drink, now that your set’s done?”

Tag: @Melissa Gold
PM EMAIL
^
Melissa Gold
 Posted: May 10 2018, 11:24 PM
Songbird
23 AGE
53 POSTS
Brotherhood
CLASS 3

Melissa couldn't wait to get off stage. She was excited, thrilled really. The stage manager wasn't pleased with her as she passed him, but she didn't care. She blew him a kiss and winked at him. "You can yell at me later, Teddy. I'm going to go wait for my date.." Little did Melissa know Brian was already here. Had she even been slightly aware of his presence, she would of shifted her songset to something a little less personal. Each of those songs had touched her heart and spoke to her in a way most songs couldn't. She had shared something truly personal with the crowd tonight. Her uncertainty for life, the pain of her past, but the hope she felt in her future blended into each song. She felt a little relieved, if she was going to be honest. It was something she was pretty sure most people got from therapy. That release of negative feelings.

His text came through. Melissa smiled warmly and cupped her hands around her phone. She couldn't help the giddy little mini jump as she looked down at her phone. Her face was confused for a moment. "Behi-" She turned and jumped almost completely out of her skin. She put a hand on her heart. She was about to yell at him when he mentioned he heard her sing. She blushed brightly and whatever words she had quickly escaped her. She blushed and smiled warmly. He kissed her cheek. She put her hands on his arms and turned her head, catching his lips with hers after he kissed her cheek.

It was hard for Melissa to breathe when he was near. She found herself lost in him, and she couldn't say she hated it. She nodded a little, finally finding a voice after a moment. "Well, between you and me, you very much saw a slice of me tonight. Beneath all the sass, the fight, the anger..." It was an intimate moment that she didn't want to lose. She kissed him again rather than continue what she was saying. She didn't want to think about that right now. She wanted to think about him. She wanted to be intoxicated by his scent, his eyes, his smile. She smiled and murmured. "Thank you. I appreciate the compliment, though. You're sweet.." She laughed softly and looked away from him. She had to stop herself from completely drowning in him.

Melissa hugged him back and smiled warmly. "I've been thinking a lot about you, actually. I can't seem to get you out of my head. Are you sure you don't have powers to implant things in people's head?" She motioned to her head with a grin. She shook her head. "Order what you'd like... I'll share with you. We're gonna go have some privacy.." She motioned to him. "What was he drinking?"

"Macallan ten year with stones..." The bartender smirked. "I feel offended you haven't introduced me to your friend yet, Melly..."

Melissa made an oof sound. "We don't have to take a bottle of that up. Hell, we don't even have to drink. I just wanted to spend some time with just you." She looked at the bartender. "One day... when you aren't drooling so much, Babe..." She laughed softly and winked at him. "Order what you want, okay?" She took his hands in hers and began inspecting him. She let out a low whistle. "Someone got all fancy for our date tonight. What if we do something that you can't have a suit on for? What are we going to do then?"

tag: @Brian Braddock / notes: Songheart http://flawed.b1.jcink.com/uploads/flawed/avatars/emoticons/heart.gif
PM
^
Brian Braddock
 Posted: May 16 2018, 01:25 PM
lionheart
Thirty-four AGE
420 POSTS
Damocles
CLASS 3

Brian grinned a little as she startled. He hadn’t meant to give her a scare, but it was nice to know that he’d actually surprised her. It felt inexplicably good, just to enjoy the little things with her. When he kissed her cheek, she turned, drawing him into a proper kiss. As their lips touched, Brian’s head began to swim, and for a moment, he was lost. His eyes fluttered closed for a moment, until they drew apart. He had to remind himself to breathe properly, and even then, it was a bit of a task. After a few brief moments of silence, Melissa spoke, admitting that the setlist had been more than a little personal. She then followed her words up with another kiss. He was more prepared for this one, but that didn’t mean that he didn’t still feel that dizzying high. As they parted again, he smiled. ”Well, between you and me, I have to say I appreciate it all. The honesty, the emotion...even the sass and the fight.” He winked to her. She murmured a bit of thanks, but Brian wasn’t one to just let her avoid it. He squeezed her shoulder gently as she looked away. ”Sweet, perhaps. But just honest.”

He couldn’t help but smile as she admitted that she’d been thinking about him. That had to be a good thing, didn’t it? He shouldn’t really admit how that made him feel. He hadn’t really thought about it, but he wanted her to think about him. Otherwise, whatever connection they’d had that night had disappeared, and then what? Was he just supposed to let her go, forget he’d ever met her? It was possible, but a very unpleasant thought. He tilted his head at her, curious now. What exactly had she been thinking about? ”Oh really? And, I promise. I don’t have any mental powers, beyond being halfway decent at crosswords and sudoku. It’s all genuine.”

Melissa mentioned grabbing a bottle of something and moving along, before she made a face at his drink selection. He laughed a little, too aware that scotch wasn’t for everyone, and looked to her. He wasn’t sure if she was worried over the price or just drinking straight scotch, so better just to ask. After all, Melissa had only shied away from a few topics of discussion; choice of drinks had never been one of them. They could find something for her and move on without any issue. ”We can have the Macallan, unless you want something different? And, I’m happy to be here too.” She teased him a little about his outfit, and he laughed a little, shrugging in his blazer as she whistled. ”Well, there was someone singing tonight that I was hoping to impress a bit, so I made sure I dressed properly.”

As for needing to not wear nicer clothes...well, he could manage. Besides, it wasn’t as if he couldn’t fly back to his flat and change in a pinch, if it was absolutely necessary. But there weren’t too many things Brian could think of that wouldn’t allow for the way he was dressed. At the question, though, he chuckled and arched a brow. ”Hah, isn’t that just what you wanted? Get me out somewhere, overdressed and then I’m forced to start taking clothes off? Let’s not forget how some of the discussion went last time.”

Nor the fact that she'd planted the idea of one (or the both of them) with fewer clothes than not, in his head, thank you very much.

PM EMAIL
^
Melissa Gold
 Posted: May 25 2018, 12:18 AM
Songbird
23 AGE
53 POSTS
Brotherhood
CLASS 3

Melissa's heart couldn't be contained in her chest. She swallowed and smiled at him. Why was he so charming? So endearing? Why did he feel so much like home? Not her home, but the way home was shown in the movies. A place to feel safe and protected. A place of healing, warmth and compassion. She laughed again. It was something she did often with him around. "I'd hope you appreciate it. If you didn't, this relationship wouldn't last long." She winked at him. "You have to tolerate the quirks to ride the ride so.." She shrugged her shoulders and laughed.

Had she hadn't turned her head, she would of seen his hand coming. He gripped her shoulder and she went white. While it was better, the wound hadn't completely healed from her run in a few nights ago. She pulled away for a second, trying to keep herself steady on her feet. It hurt and it hurt a lot. She steadied herself after a moment and laughed weakly. "I should of warned you.. be careful with that shoulder okay? I don't get to heal quick." Seh shook her head, shaking the pain and dizziness from her head. "I should of told you too, but I didn't want you to worry over me.I'm sorry. It's really nothing. Got nicked by a bullet when I wasn't being careful enough." She gave him a sheepish smile. "Don't let it ruin the night, huh? You can lecture me if I get to come back to your place tonight." She winked at him, regaining at least some of that humor.

Melissa smirked and eyed him. "I'd rather not get into what I was thinking in public. I like to have some privacy.." She turned and eyed the bartender who was very conveniently cleaning a glass, leaning as far across the bar as he thought he could without being noticed. He cleared his throat and continued cleaning the glass a bit away from the bar, though he was definitely still within hearing range. She rolled her eyes and smiled at him. She grabbed his hand and squeezed it, suddenly wanting...

.. no needing. Needing was the right word.

She needed contact with him. She needed to feel his hand in hers.

"I can drink whatever. If you want Macallan, I guess I just have to be a posh bitch tonight.." She laughed and eyed the bartender who produced two fresh glasses with stones. "Thanks, Sweet." She motioned for Brian to get the bottle. She gave him a very obvious up and down. "Mmm.. well. I can't say that I'm not impressed. You look good, though I don't think there's much you could wear that you wouldn't look absolutely fantastic in so..." She smirked at him and let go of his hand to smack his butt before situating the glasses into both hands and crossed the room in the back. She slipped up to the sound and light booth. She nodded to the person that was there. He smirked and rolled his eyes before throwing on his headphones. She settled on a ratty couch that was up there.

"Can you blame me for wanting to see you naked? I mean really? You're incredibly attractive. You caught my attention." She shifted a bit so he could sit how he liked, but she had already made plans to be attached to him for as long as he allowed it. She smiled warmly at him and offered him his glass once he settled. She offered her glass. "Would you pour me a drink sir?"

tag: @Brian Braddock / notes: D'awww
PM
^
Brian Braddock
 Posted: Jun 7 2018, 01:34 AM
lionheart
Thirty-four AGE
420 POSTS
Damocles
CLASS 3

She seemed amused by the idea that he accepted her for who she was. But really, how was the opposite going to get him very far in life. Some people seemed to get in relationships thinking that someone would change, and if the pair of them were in school or uni, that might be the case. But they were both adults, fully formed and set in who they were. If Brian couldn’t accept her for who she was, he ought to just move on and find another way to spend his time. It wasn’t reasonable to waste time for her or for him. Thankfully, that didn’t seem to be an issue for either of them. ”I don’t think you need to worry about that happening any time soon.” He smiled to her, shaking his head as she mentioned putting up with her. ”I don’t think it’s much about tolerating; I rather enjoy your quirks. It’s how we got here, after all.”

She winced as he put a hand on her shoulder, and he immediately regretted it. Whether it was a holdover from whatever she’d been through, or just a bad move, a genuine look of concern filled Brian’s face. She explained that she’d been hurt and didn’t heal like he did, which raised a number of questions, though she wasn’t extremely forthcoming initially. ”I...Christ, I’m sorry.” Then she brought up the fact that a bullet had grazed her, no big deal. Brian’s stomach was in knots, and the concern was evident in both his expression and his voice as he spoke. ”A bullet?” A bullet was nothing to him, but to someone else...it was the difference between life and death. She was joking, but asked him to save the lecture, and Brian nodded softly. ”I...right, then. You’re a big girl and you can take care of yourself, just...you can call me if you need help.”

The idea of Melissa keeping secrets was...well, not really surprising, but it was at least intriguing. He imagined part of it was because her friend the bartender was listening, but he had to wonder if some of it wasn’t meant to tease him too. He didn’t mind terribly; the idea of uncertainty with her wasn’t a bad thing, but rather an exciting one. He enjoyed being around her, and learning about her as they spent time together. It certainly wasn’t the chore she pretended it was. ”Well, whenever you feel like sharing, you can always just whisper it into my ear.” He grinned and winked to her, glancing down the bar at her bartender friend. ”That way it stays between you and I.”

She’d made mention before that she tended to drink what was available rather than having a go to drink, but her response to his choice had been a little amusing. She hadn’t shied away from the Macallan like some would, so there was another point in her favor. Not that she was lacking them in any way, shape, or form. She had merited a second...what was this? Meeting? Date? It was the first time they’d met on purpose, did that...to hell with it. It didn’t matter. Whatever this was didn’t need a label to be enjoyable. He shrugged at her. ”Say what you like, but I don’t think I’d ever consider you anything close to a bitch.” He nodded to the bartender as he brought them glasses. ”Thank you.”

Brian scooped up the bottle in one, large hand and followed Melissa as she led the way through the club. She gave him a once over and Brian did his best not to notice. There were more than a few things that came with that kind of look. She mentioned him not looking bad in anything though, which brought a laugh as Brian recalled a certain red, white and blue outfit. ”You’d be surprised. There are unflattering pictures of everyone out there somewhere, if you look hard enough.” She smacked him firmly on the rear, and he gave a small jump, more from surprise than anything, before turning his attention to her with an arched brow. ”So that’s how it is…”

And she kept going, talking about wanting to see him naked. That...had not been a thought that had eluded him. Melissa was very pretty, and it was difficult not to imagine her tangled up in sheets in one capacity or another. But Brian wasn’t some caveman, about to throw her over his shoulder and drag her off to his flat for procreation purposes. He shook his head at her, a sheepish grin on his lips. ”There was certainly no blame or judgment; you’re a very attractive woman. But, you don’t need me to tell you that.” After all, she just had to look in a mirror, didn’t she? She asked him to pour her a drink, and he nodded. ”Happily.” He poured easily into her glass, more or less a practiced hand. He’d never tended bar, but Brian knew his way around a good drink. Something to fall back on, if this whole saving the world bit fell apart on him, he supposed. He turned his attention solely to Melissa as they settled on the old couch, sitting near each other. ”Beyond your shoulder, have you been all right? More or less been staying out of trouble?”

She didn’t have to tell him everything; it was probably better if she didn’t. But he wanted to know that she was well.

PM EMAIL
^
Melissa Gold
 Posted: Jun 13 2018, 02:06 PM
Songbird
23 AGE
53 POSTS
Brotherhood
CLASS 3

Melissa smirked some. She winked at him and murmured. "So you're in it for the long haul potentially? That's kind of cute.." She laughed and couldn't help another kiss. She leaned up and kissed his cheek. How did he make her feel this way so quickly? She didn't know, but she didn't really mind. It was exciting and new. She laughed and shook her head. "If you like my quirks, we need to go get your head tested. I think you might of hit it a few too many times." Melissa laughed and touched his cheek where she had kissed previously. "Stop making me so mushy in front of other people. They might think I'm getting soft.."

Melissa shook her head and waved her hand. "You didn't mean to, Brian. It's okay. I'm not dying. It hurts, yeah, but it isn't the worst pain I've ever been in.." She smiled some and shifted her weight unconciously moving her shoulder away from him. She shrugged her good shoulder some and smiled warmly. "Some anti-mutant assholes were talking about how they beat up some teenagers in the park and I took issue with it. They decided to get gunny with me and I may or may not have had to use my powers to put them down for a few minutes while I escaped. Someone called the police on them. Hopefully they went to jail. I don't know, but I know they're going to think twice before messing with mutants again."

Melissa sighed some and smiled warmly. "I know I can. If I ever think I'm in trouble that I can't get out of? Then you might get a call.." Melissa was firmly reminded in this moment of her encounter with Adem. It had made her question her loyalties. She didn't like thinking like that, but it had scared her more than she wanted to admit to. She ran her fingers over his hand and squeezed it. "I've been doing this awhile. It's not my first, second, or even third rodeo. But that invitation is very open. I will be happy to be lectured in private.." She laughed softly. She had to brush it off as a joke or she'd have to come face to face with what had happened to her.

Melissa laughed softly, a light blush crossing her face. "Brian.." She didn't have words. They were failing her very quickly. Sure she was good at jokes, but the idea of whispering things in his ear... well. She coughed and just continued to hold his hand. It was easier this way. She squeezed his hand again and swallowed. She tugged him towards where they were going. It was going to be easier. She had to get a grip on herself again.

Melissa laughed softly. It was a little strained, but it worked. Sort of? Maybe? Oh god was it becoming more and more obvious that she was getting nervous? "Actually, you'd be surprised. I'm a mega bitch. I just don't show it to people who don't deserve it. You have not yet deserved it." She shrugged some, feeling herself becoming more controled. She shrugged her shoulders and murmured as they got to their spot"Candid photos don't count for looking bad. Unless you had a less than flattering costume. That's what heroes have right? Costumes?" She grinned. "I'd love to see yours."

"That is definitely how it is, sir.." She smirked and stretched some. She eyed him and raised a brow. She was amused. Had she had any telepathy, she would of told him she wouldn't mind being carted off for procreation purposes. She wasn't used to this whole nice dating thing. She was used to hook ups, one night stands, and the like. She would of felt more at ease had he made SOME kind of move. Feel her up, cup her ass.. SOMETHING. She took her drink and smiled. "Thank you.." She took a drink and shuddered. She forgot how strong good booze was. It was smooth, but strong. She took another drink and smiled.

"I've been...." She paused, thinking once again about her past time between their last meeting and now. She frowned unconciously before she realized it and wiped it from her face, preferring the smile that kept this date fun. "I've been staying out of heavy duty trouble, how about that?" She smiled warmly and scooted a little closer to him. "Getting into trouble is my hobby. Staying out of major trouble is my job." She grinned. "It'd help if I had someone keeping me in line. I mean.. we're seeing each other right? Isn't that your job? Keeping me busy and out of trouble?" She laughed and shook her head. She touched his hand. "I don't actually mean that, but..." She paused and coughed. "I should probably go get us something to eat right? What kind of bar food do you like?"

Stop being thirsty, Melissa. Stop it. Easy girls didn't stay around long. You know that.

tag: @Brian Braddock / notes: So thirsty...
PM
^
Brian Braddock
 Posted: Jun 29 2018, 05:11 PM
lionheart
Thirty-four AGE
420 POSTS
Damocles
CLASS 3

Melissa teased him about being in for the long haul, which honestly seemed a little silly. Sure, not everyone began a relationship with the thought of marrying this person and settling down, but you had to at least begin with the end in mind, whatever you thought that was. If you and the other person’s goals were too far apart, then why waste anyone’s time? They were both adults, they could at least respect one another. ”As long as you’re not sick of me, at any rate.” He winked to her. She insisted that he was out of his mind when it came to her eccentricities but...well, when Jamie was your brother, things tended to pale in comparison when it came to that sort of thing. After all, Melissa wasn’t in his office, trying to turn his desk a different color. He shook his head, thinking back a little on his career back home. ”I’ve taken a few good hits, but nothing I haven’t recovered from.” She touched his cheek, and Brian could feel his skin flush slightly at her touch. He grinned to her and looked around them for a moment, before shrugging. ”So I ought to take you in private, so you could be mushy there?”

She brushed the brief moment of pain aside, but it did little to soften the concern on Brian’s face. True, they hadn’t known each other long, but that didn’t mean that he didn’t care about her, or what happened to her. In fact, quite the opposite. ”I’m still not interested in hurting you.” Anti-mutant sentiments only seemed to be growing these days, which was...concerning. The trouble was, while Melissa was protecting herself, and possibly others, human sympathizers might claim it was just another senseless attack. Brian’s position was a difficult one, seeing both sides of the coin. But the important thing was that she was safe. If he got a call to investigate it later, so be it. ”I’m not happy that it had to escalate to violence, but I am glad that you made it out in one piece.” He gave her a meaningful look as smiled to him. ”I just found you; can’t have you getting up to your nose in trouble just yet.”

That was the thing about Brian; if you knew him very well at all, you knew that he meant what he’d said. If she needed him, he’d be there. There might be a delicate situation to explain at the end of it all, but he’d be there for her. Loyalty meant a lot to Brian; his word was his bond. He nodded as she agreed that she’d call if things got crazy. ”I’ll be there.” That was the thing with Melissa, though. She was independent, and Brian could respect that. Hell, it was even one of several reasons he admired her. But that didn’t mean she had to go it alone; easier to spread a burden on two sets of shoulders rather than one. ”Noted.”

The idea of Melissa upset was...well, of course it was possible. Everyone got cross when you pushed the right buttons. But she hadn’t been that way with him, and he had no intention of forcing her to be like that. He understood there were things she wasn’t telling him, but he tried to respect her boundaries and acknowledge things, like the accidental shoulder injury, as they came up. ”I don’t intend to, but I don’t think I can really see you like that. Maybe I’m a little biased, but…” Brian gave her a sort of what can you do shrug. At the mention of a costume, he laughed. There was a pretty slim chance of him ever wearing his Captain Britain costume again, despite the laughs that she might get from it. ”Mm, the only costume I wear these days is a three piece suit or my Damocles uniform. And I don’t know that I’d consider myself a hero.”

People would say all sorts of things about Damocles; some might view police as heroes, but Damocles was its own sort of thing. Not everyone accepted or appreciated the line that they had to walk, or the fact that they weren’t the most popular with mutants or humans. Thankfully, Melissa didn’t seem to let his day job come between them. She asserted that there would apparently be more patting on the ass, which drew a laugh from him. ”I’ll just have to keep it in mind, then.” He smiled to her, taking a drink and swallowing, the warmth flooding him as he responded to her. ”You’re welcome.”

Staying out of heavy duty trouble...that was, something at least. He didn’t really expect Melissa to just sit up in her flat with her fox all the time; that wasn’t the sort of woman that she was, after all. But you took the good with the bad, and Brian was rather convinced that there was much more good to her than bad. ”I’ll take it, then.” She teased him about keeping her out of trouble, then backed off a bit, perhaps worried that he might take offense or think she was going to far, but he shook his head at her, shrugging a bit. There was a small, fond smile on his lips as his eyes met hers. ”I...don’t think I’d actually mind too much. That would mean more time around you, if nothing else.” She stumbled a little verbally, trying to find a way to recover, in the form of something to eat. He glanced out over the club around them, thinking for a moment, then looking back to her. ”If you like? I could eat, but I’m not going to starve any time soon. I wouldn’t complain about some mozzarella sticks, though? Something about the siren song of fried cheese, I suppose.”

PM EMAIL
^
Melissa Gold
 Posted: Jul 9 2018, 06:11 PM
Songbird
23 AGE
53 POSTS
Brotherhood
CLASS 3

Melissa smiled gently and put a hand on his arm. "I don't think I could ever get sick of you." She meant those words. Sure she'd get mad at him. Sure they'd fight, but she didn't think that, now that he had entered her life, Melissa would ever be able to part with Brian. He was something like one of the few good things she's ever had in her life. She pressed her lips together and smiled a bit wider, blushing faintly. She was currently thankful for the darkened club atmosphere. She laughed softly and nodded. "I'd prefer to have a little time with you in private, yes." Did she mean it sexually? Oh hell yes, but that didn't mean that's all she wanted. She wanted to get to know him as a person and that was pretty hard to do in a noisy and crowded club.

She was mildly regretting choosing this as a place to meet Brian. She should of picked more carefully, but she forgot how she felt when he was near. She wanted to bear her soul to him. She didn't think that was entirely healthy, but this might of been the first healthy thing she had ever taken part in. She shrugged her good shoulder a little. "I didn't tell you. You didn't know. It's not a big deal. It's healing up pretty well. I'm just out of commission for the most part. I just need to be a little bit smarter next time instead of leaving one out of the bunch behind. I'm not the best at fighting and assessing situations, if I'm going to be honest. I know enough to keep people in my range, but not good at them not kicking my ass a little before it happens." She shrugged some. "It's something I need to learn.." Especially with things becoming as heated as they were. She opened her mouth to say something, but a squeak came out. She scrambled to say something.. anything.. "My nose is the nose of trouble I'm afraid, but I'd love to have you come pull me out of the rubble and nurse my wounds.."

Good job. A+, Melissa.

Melissa rolled her eyes. "Do you do things for the greater good? Not for selfish reasons? Do you fight the "good fight"?" She ran her fingers over the blazer. "I'm not even going to pretend that I'm not thoroughly interested in seeing you in your uniform. Ladies love a man in uniform.." She smiled and booped his nose. "Though, knowing tactical uniforms, it's a pain in the ass to get off with latches here and snaps there. It'd be a moment where I'd really have to work for it."

Melissa smiled at him. He eased her nerves about the entire thing. Her fingers played with her skirt as she listened to him. He wanted to spend more time with her. She'd really like that too, but how do you say that to someone without sounding hella desperate? She wasn't sure. This was new territory for her. She had never had feelings like this let alone how quickly she had fallen for him. Was it love? Maybe, but she definitely wasn't ready to call it that. That's when she made a decision.

Melissa decided to take the initiative, sitting once more. She slid under his arm and settled against him. She shifted her weight and leaned her head into the crook of his neck. She played with the rim of her glass as her eyes closed, just enjoying the moment. She hoped that he wouldn't mind this contact. What she had seen and heard tonight, she didn't think it wouldn't be wanted. Damn he smelled good. She smiled and rubbed her cheek on his chest. She laughed a little. "Mm.. there might be somewhere close by that we could do that. She moved her head slightly to take a drink. She didn't need to drink too much. She was already a little woozy and what he chose was a little stronger than what she was used to.

"Whenever you're ready to whisk me away, we can find something to eat. And get you your fried cheese.." She hoped he would want to stay like this for a little bit, though. It was nice and he was so warm.

Did she mention how good he smelled?

"Tell me something about yourself. We don't know a lot about each other."

tag: @Brian Braddock / notes: CUTENESS OVERLOAD INCOMING
PM
^
Brian Braddock
 Posted: Jul 11 2018, 09:40 AM
lionheart
Thirty-four AGE
420 POSTS
Damocles
CLASS 3

Melissa insisted that she wasn’t going to get sick of him. Well, they’d have to see then. But, it hadn’t always been about him; sometimes it had been the schedule, the secrets, or any number of other things. But he was doing his best not to dwell on those things. That was the past, after all. There was no amount of moping about that would undo it, and even if he could, it was likely best that he didn’t. He liked being around Melissa, and he wouldn’t trade where he was right now for anything. He winked to her as she touched his arm. ”I’ll hold you to that.” The idea of spending some time alone with Melissa was...not unwelcome, by any stretch of the imagination. True, he was technically with her right now, but it wasn’t exactly the same, and both of them knew it. ”I don’t think we’ll have any trouble arranging that…”

Whether he felt bad about it or not, it was already done. The best he could do was be there for her. There really was no hope of keeping her from it unless he was at her side, so perhaps she was right; all he could really do would be to be there for her, patch her up, and nurse her back to health. He nodded softly as he finally agreed with her. ”All that matters is that you’re okay.” Whole and relatively unharmed. Though if it was something she needed to work on...perhaps he could at least be of assistance there? ”If you like, we could work on a few things? I’m by no stretch an expert, but even I get outclassed strength-wise at times. It pays to fight smarter.” He’d had to go up against stronger and tougher foes on more than one occasion. Between life as Captain Britain and his time at Damocles, Brian had spent a good deal of time fighting “outside his weight class.” He laughed at the small squeak, a broad smile spreading on his lips. ”The nose of trouble, eh? Are you certain you didn’t steal that line from Hemingway?”

She rolled her eyes at his answer, but it was true. Brian never really considered himself a hero. He had the capacity to do great things; that he use those powers to help others was only right. Sure, he could pull cats from trees or redirect traffic, but he could do so much more, and that was why he’d agreed to work for Damocles when the opportunity had arisen. The people of the world deserved something more than what they had at the moment. He shrugged. ”I’ll admit that at least one of those phrases might have crossed my lips...today. But you can’t have a gift and not do something with it for others. At least, not the way I was raised.” Noblesse oblige, that was the way father had explained it. At the mention of his uniform, he laughed. ”Is that so? And here I thought people weren’t too happy to see the mutants with swords on their shoulders.” The sword patch had been the only mandatory part of Damocles uniform; with so many different abilities to cater to, actual uniforms weren't very practical. He considered his tactical kit for a moment, nodding with a small smile on his face. ”Mm, yes. They’re generally less about comfort and more concerned with keeping people alive. Though thankfully mine’s not too crazy; it’s more of a task to find material that can keep up with what might come my way. But if you needed a hand, I’m sure I could help you out a bit.”

She slipped closer to him, next to his neck, and Brian felt her warm against him, the breath from her nose tickling his skin ever so slightly. There was a flicker of surprise on his face, before he embraced it, and rested his head gently against the top of hers. This...honestly, it might even be better than flying with her. It was silly; a small moment together. But as she nuzzled closer against his chest, he sighed happily. ”Oh? I’m sure you know all the good places nearby. Nothing like a good meal or drink after work.” He raised his head slightly, looking to her for a moment before settling back against her. ”I’m not terribly hungry. Late lunch because of a couple meetings…”

And it didn’t hurt that this was so inviting. Brian was in no hurry to stop, fried cheese or otherwise. She asked about him, and he frowned slightly, trying to remember what they’d talked about their first evening together. There could be any number of things, but he should probably start with the small things, a little more about him and his family. ”What do you want to know? We talked a bit about things the last time we were together. I’ve a twin sister as well as an older brother whom I suspect doesn’t like me very much, my parents have both passed. Father was a computer scientist, mother stayed at home and ran the household, looked after the three of us. I’ve always been into science, since I was little. Father’s more than partly to blame; he was always encouraging me, first with puzzles, then with experiment kits and the like.”

He saved all the details; about his parents’ death, his alcoholism as a result, and other things in between. That wasn’t exactly second date material, was it? Then again, she already knew he’d fought crime with his powers, which was further than he normally got after the first date. He thought for something unique, and sat for a moment before a thought struck him. ”It might surprise you, but I was into gymnastics before puberty. Early on, my parents felt like hobbies that encouraged us to be the best we could be rather than competing directly with someone else would be good for us. Then I was all legs and elbows for a while, before people started trying to drag me into rugby.”

And while they were on the subject of things she might not guess...well, he might as well be out with it. He moved away from his resting position to really look at her, pink locks contrasting against his dark shirt. ”To be honest, I’m starting to wonder if I’m not very good at all this. It always seems like some aspect or another of my life always gets in the way of a relationship. Before Damocles, there was flying about trying to keep people from tearing England apart. After it, I tend to travel a fair amount, which puts a bit of a damper on things. And to put a cap on it, my last girlfriend decided that she was a lesbian and just...ended things, although she still wanted to be friends, however that was supposed to work.” He frowned slightly, shaking his head. Because that had been what she’d wanted to hear, hadn’t it? ”Probably a touch more than you wanted to know, but there it is.”

Tag: @[Melissa Goldman]
PM EMAIL
^
Melissa Gold
 Posted: Jul 12 2018, 11:22 AM
Songbird
23 AGE
53 POSTS
Brotherhood
CLASS 3

Melissa smiled warmly. She winked at him. "You can hold me to it, but I'd just rather you hold me.." She laughed softly and leaned up, kissing his cheek. She laughed and nodded. "Good. I hope not. I understand you'll probably have work sometimes and then my own extracurriculars, but I'm pretty sure we could find a way to make it work, right?" She smiled and took his hand in her own, lifting them up and kissing his fingers gently before letting go of his hand. She knew it wouldn't be easy, but something told her that this man was worth it.

Melissa nodded and smiled. "I'd really like that." There was a certain.. wickedness? to her face at that moment. They'd never get anything done. They'd start fighting, she'd get frisky and handsy and well... lesson over. She winked at him and smirked. "I promise to even try to learn something.." She shrugged some. "I'm good at running away, but if they get up on me, I have trouble. There's a lot of scenarios that are the end for me. I'd like to eliminate a few of them..." Melissa laughed and winked at him. "I didn't steal anything you can't prove.. unless you can quote the book, page and line, I'm sorry but I have to disagree." She laughed again. It felt really nice to laugh so much.

Melissa laughed and tapped his nose. "Only once? You're losing your touch.." She laughed softly and shook her head. She shrugged her shoulders some. "This world hasn't done much for me. People didn't lend a hand when I needed it most. Most turned a blind eye to my suffering. I don't feel much like helping out those who didn't help me. It's unfair.." She rubbed her arms and looked over at him. She wasn't sad persay.. just set in her ways. This was a fact of her life. It didn't sting anymore. She had left those people in the dust. "That's kind of a shitty perspective but when you've been through what I've been through, it's hard to really be... interested in helping the masses." She shrugged again and smiled at him. "Though you do you. I'm proud of you for standing up for what you believe in.."

Melissa considered it. "No, it's not the most welcome sight, but I think that as long as I see your face...." She looked at him and smiled almost shyly. "I think I can learn to tolerate the sword patch.." She eyed him up and down. "I think that if I want it enough, I'll be able to get it off.." She grinned and winked at him. "Nothing can stop you from what you really want but your own self and determination... and Babe?" One more look up and down. "I'm determined."

Melissa felt her heart speeding up as he pulled her closer. She swallowed and closed her eyes, breathing in his scent more. He wanted her close to him. She reached out and tugged at his suit jacket. It was annoying and in the way. She whined at him and continued to tug at it. He should get the idea right? Jacket off. It was in the way of her supreme cuddle time. Melissa could be cute like this. Sometimes, she even preferred to be this way, but it was a vulnerable position for her. She was letting Brian in more than he probably realized, but she did. She realized it all too well. Caution was thrown to the wind all ready, might as well run as far away from it as possible.

Melissa listened to him, eyes half lidded. It was hard to pay attention to his words when she felt them rumbling from his chest. It was a pleasant feeling, this was. She was quite content to lay there until he said he was into gymnastics when he was younger. She pushed herself up and looked at him, eyeing him for a shred of lying ticks. When she didn't find any, she laughed and laid her head back down. "That's... actually ridiculously cute, but I don't see you doing it now, though I'm sure you could. It's just a little amusing. Also a twin sister? Is she anything like you because we don't need two of you in the world. I will make a Highlander joke."

When he shifted, she lifted her head and watched him for a moment as he spoke. Her nose wrinkled and she pushed herself up. She wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him. It was a deep kiss, one of intimacy and maybe even love. She didn't care what it took in their relationship, she would make it work. He made her feel alive. He made her feel whole. He made her feel wanted. She would fight for this relationship until her last breath if she had to. As she kissed him, she turned her body so she could slide into his lap, straddling his hips. She slowly broke the kiss after a long few moments and leaned her forehead against his, panting. She looked at him through thick lashes. "Let me tell you something.." She finally sat back so she was sitting more on his knees. She shifted her weight and placed her hands so she could keep her skirt from coming completely over her hips. If they were going to do something tonight, it wasn't going to be behind Ted in the lighting area. Also modesty? Maybe?

"Just because no one wanted to put in the work to make a relationship with you work doesn't mean you're not very good at it. It's because they didn't have enough interest in you and that's all on them. Ever since we met, I've been lost in my thoughts thinking of you and what it meant for me. Every moment that I had, I thought of you.I couldn't get you out of my head. It was frustrating at times. I' m..." She paused and shook her head looking down so she wouldn't get all weird and cry-faced. "... I've never been able to get close to people for reasons I'd rather not get into in this intimate moment. I am willing to do what it takes to keep this relationship going because you make me feel and that's rare." She pushed her hair back and wiped her face. She wasn't crying, Brian was crying and he couldn't prove otherwise.

"I will fight for you tooth and nail as long as you promise to do the same for me. Don't let me run away. Don't let me sabotage what we have. Because I'll try. I'll try to burn everything to the ground because it's getting scary. Because I don't know how to be in a healthy and normal relationship. I don't know how to be there for the good times and the bad. Hell, I want to ruin it now and this is the second date. So it has the be worth something right?" She wiped her face and sniffled. "Sorry.. I got all weepy.." She wiped her eyes, trying to keep her eye make up intact. She was looking cute tonight too.

"Sorry.. sorry.." She laughed, trying to get her emotions in check. "What do you want to know about me? No question is off limits. I've kind of bared my soul and cried. So this date's gotten weird anyway.. let's make it weirder.."

tag: @Brian Braddock / notes: D'aww

This post has been edited by Melissa Gold: Jul 12 2018, 11:31 AM
PM
^
Brian Braddock
 Posted: Jul 16 2018, 12:38 AM
lionheart
Thirty-four AGE
420 POSTS
Damocles
CLASS 3

Brian laughed at the idea that rather than holding her to something, he should just hold her. It was another opportunity for Melissa to tease him, but all of them genuinely felt like things she wanted from him, or for him to do with her. It wasn’t just needling, but rather genuine interest in each other. And that was more than a little encouraging, regardless of what either of them did on the front of mutant-related politics. ”We could do that too.” Warmth spread from her lips across his cheek, and he couldn’t help but smile wider, if that was even possible. ”We will.” The two words were simple, but earnest. Brian had no intention of breaking his word, generally, but particularly not to Melissa. ”As long as you want to and I want to...we will.”

He nodded easily as she grinned at the thought of grappling with each other, as though she didn’t plan on getting too much done. Brian would be happy to do something fun together, but he also wanted her to feel like she was actually getting something out of it all rather than just playing around. She wasn’t going to stop doing what she was doing, but he could at least try and make sure she was safe. That and her happiness were the two important things. ”I’m always happy to help. You know that. But if you want to work with someone a little more your size, I have a friend at work that could probably help out a bit. She’s competent with a good sense of humor. Rare enough that you find both at work sometimes.” And the redhead wasn’t likely to ask a great many questions, if it came down to it. Melissa was smart enough to advertise what she did, so he imagined she and Niamh would get along just fine given half a chance, particularly with their loves of music. Brian grinned as she insisted she’d made it up, and shrugged to her. ”I never had much of a head for classic literature anyway. Either I’m misremembering, or I’d have a hell of a time quoting all that back to you.”

She might have him pegged already, teasing him about his optimistic “for the greater good” attitude. But, something about it had kept her around, hadn’t it? For all her supposed pessimism, Brian had a hard time believing that she really bought into it, given the way she’d helped the little boy when they’d met. After all, it could have gone much different. ”Mmm, perhaps.” She elaborated a little on her own viewpoint, but it wasn’t much more than he already knew. He frowned, leaning over to kiss her forehead. ”I’m sorry for that. I just feel like if I’m there, maybe I could try to help make up for someone else’s failing. The thing about working with others is, you can learn just as much to do from the bad ones as you can the good ones, sometimes even more.” After all, Brian had known good cops and bad cops. If he was going to be one, or close to one, at least, it helped to know what not to do as well as what to do. ”I’d say I understand, but that wouldn’t be fair; I couldn’t possibly. The best I can do is try, when you’re ready.” He couldn’t hurry something like that along. Whatever it was had left its mark on her, and it would take time for her to feel comfortable discussing it. ”I just...try to do what’s right. It’s not always easy, but…” he shrugged as he met her gaze, continuing, ”...I suppose that’s how you know it’s right.”

He chuckled at the thought of Melissa not being able to see his face; those days had long since passed. He hadn’t put on the Captain Britain outfit in several years, and...well, he’d more or less put it all behind him. The world didn’t need Captain Britain any more; at least, not the way he saw it. They needed Brian Braddock, to try and help bridge the gap where he could. ”I’m not really one for wearing a mask these days, so it’s an easy compromise to make.” The idea of her all but tearing his gear off him...well, it got the imagination going, didn’t it? An attractive woman, working eagerly to get you undressed...it would take a lot not to find even a shred of excitement at the thought. He winked to her. ”Well, you seem rather convinced. It sounds like we’ll just have to see how far your determination will get you.”

Honestly, he had little doubt that Melissa wouldn’t let something small stop her. For all her outer defenses, she was a go-getter. That much was clear in her eyes and the way she carried herself. Melissa studied him as he told her about gymnastics, apparently making sure he was telling the truth, before smiling and settling back against him. He shrugged slightly, a small smile on his lips. ”I haven’t in some time. I could probably do a few things here and there, but being two meters tall tends to put a bit of a damper on that sort of thing. Not impossible, just much tougher.” He considered his sister, generally the more exciting of the pair, and shrugged. ”As for Betsy, no, we’re not identical twins. I’m a good bit taller and broader. So no need to go threatening to chop my sister’s head off or anything.”

Because that was the last thing he needed or wanted; his girlfriend trying to kill his sister, or vice-versa. It would be lovely if they all got along well enough, thank you very much. His mouth went left on him, and he was honestly a bit shocked with himself. It had been a little much for a second date, curled up together, but it had just escaped, somehow. Maybe thinking about his mother and father, and the way he’d lost them, had prompted it. But as he tried to sort it out, Melissa moved, kissing him deeply and warmly. Her arms were wrapped around him, and his right hand found a resting place on her cheek for a moment. When they parted, she moved to straddle him, sitting on his legs as she spoke. The words struck him hard, but in a good way. She’d been thinking about him too, and she was happy about it. Excited, even. Her words were honest, too; she avoided his gaze to wipe a tear away. Brian wrapped his arms around her, hugging her gently. ”I’m glad I make you feel, and I genuinely enjoy being around you…” Brian met her gaze as he continued, ”...and we haven’t gotten into the whole story yet, which is fine. But your feeling something...anything, well, it shouldn’t be rare.”

She insisted that what they had was special, and she was going to try and destroy it at some point. It was troubling to him, to think that something could make her so uncomfortable that she’d throw away something away that she cared about...no, that wasn’t quite right. Try to throw it away; it wasn’t as if he would just let her give up. ”I promise. I don’t know if you’ve realized this about me or not, but I’m not really the sort to run and hide when things get rough. I tend to stand and fight for the things I care about.” She apologized, and Brian shook his head at her. There was no need for all that… ”It’s not a problem at all…”

Then they shifted away from heavier topics, or at least, Melissa made a gesture to. He could ask whatever he liked. There was a part of him that dared to ask what it was; that awful memory that seemed to sour it all for her, the one that might try and tear the pair of them apart...but he avoided it. Despite his mouth getting away from him, it was a nice night; he didn’t want to ruin it by asking for answers she clearly wasn’t ready to give him. He tapped his chin for a moment… ”Hmm...what about...before whatever it was, what did little Melissa want to be when she grew up? All sorts of children wanted to be astronauts or firefighters; what about you?”

PM EMAIL
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Affiliates
Candyland Couture Shadowplay
UNCANNY EVOLUTION Heroes Reborn WHAT WE CHOOSE
GLITTER & GOLD Infinite Dreams