Curtain Calls, Tag Drew || Sept 2017
Mark Sheppard
 Posted: Sep 2 2017, 05:24 PM
DJ
29 AGE
72 POSTS
X-Men
CLASS 3

Standing in his office, Mark sighed away from the phone before speaking again. "No... no I understand, it's just-- Aimee, sweetheart, we can't let them win. Lila wouldn't have wanted--" He appeared to flinch as the woman on the other end said something loud enough to almost make out across the room. "...please, just take a couple weeks. We'll get brunch at some place out of town and talk about focusing on recording, some photoshoots. You don't have to do any big performances until--" He'd been leaning up against the wall by one of the large windows as he talked, hearing the firm knocking on the doorframe signalling the agent he was expecting.

"I have to go. Can I call you tomorrow?" Sighing, Mark hung up the phone and desperately hoped he wasn't losing her as a client. Ever since Lila had been murdered it had been putting out one fire with a client or a manager after another. He'd gotten a call this morning that a Damocles agent would be stopping by this afternoon to talk to him about Lila and gather anything they thought would be helpful to their investigation into her killing. So, the knock had been expected, it was the face looking back at him when Mark finally turned around that was unexpected.

"Drew. Aren't you a sight for sore eyes. I'm guessing you were sent here on business? I'd almost forgotten you were a man of the law." Mark teased him lightly. He stepped forward, a warm smile on his face at seeing his old...friend probably would be the simplest word. Either way it'd been a couple years since they'd seen each other. Mark was normally one to hug but he didn't want to make anything awkward if Drew really was working.

Hesitating for a moment, Mark led him to the sitting area in his office and sat on the couch. "Can I have Lamont bring you something to drink? Water... coffee... tea..." He really wasn't sure how willing he was to talk about Lila, but he supposed if it had to be to anyone Drew wasn't a bad choice.

PM EMAIL
^
Drew Davis
 Posted: Sep 4 2017, 06:56 AM
Wraith
31 AGE
712 POSTS
Damocles
CLASS 2

Drew would be lying if he claimed he had taken this particular interview by random. He saw Mark's name and grabbed the case and the file before anyone else could. He hadn't seen Mark in a while and this seemed like as good an excuse as any to meet up with him.

He showed up just a few minutes early and caught the end of the conversation. At least Mark's part but that was more than enough to figure out what was going on. Others were starting to leave in reaction to Lila's death.

He could hear the desperation in the tattooed mutant's voice and figured now was as good a time as any. He knocked firmly on the doorframe to get Mark's attention. Moving through as he was signaled to and smirking just a bit as Mark started to notice WHICH agent showed up.

"Could say the same for you. And yes, business, unfortunately." He shrugged. He realized that he really hadn't seen Mark since he met Darren. If this hadn't been so serious, he would have rather taking Mark out for a few drinks and some fun, slowly getting his answers that way but it was also pretty clear that this needed to be more formal. He read it easily enough about the hug that Mark was projection. Even though this was formal, he had no problems hugging the man.

It was tempting to say a scotch but he was working. He was even trying to cut back on it. He followed Mark and, while tempted as well to sit next to him on the couch, chose one of the chairs again. He was /working/ and the physical space would be good to remind him of that. "Coffee." He said with a smile.

"How've you been Mark? At least until recently." He wanted to ease into this. It had to be a shock to the musician to lose someone as high profile as Lila, and so suddenly too. All the more reason to take it slow, and all the more reason he was glad he saw the case before it was given to a trainee agent.

This post has been edited by Drew Davis: Sep 4 2017, 06:58 AM
PM
^
Mark Sheppard
 Posted: Sep 4 2017, 07:12 PM
DJ
29 AGE
72 POSTS
X-Men
CLASS 3

Mark liked the sound of that 'unfortunately', it hinted probably more than Drew had intended that the agent wished they were meeting up under different circumstances. "Shame." Mark smirked, an almost flirtatious tone in his voice. Mark may be mourning and it may be a bad time but that didn't chance how nice it was to see the handsome Damocles agent again. "If you're ever free, I'd love to meet up when you're not working. It's been awhile."

When Drew had stopped calling and stopped answering Mark's messages the musician had simply accepted it and not pushed after a couple weeks. It was a fact of Mark's way of life that no matter how attatched he might get to someone as a lover or a friend that they'd often move on or lose interest for some reason and he'd just have to deal with it. Drew had been a little harder to get over. He'd never had any intention of dating the man - in part becaue Drew had said he wasn't the type - but he'd felt a bond with the man in more than a physical way and had felt the ache of that missing friendship.

He would have understood a little more if he'd known exactly what Drew had been up to, but Mark was clueless about the other man's romantic exploits. Which, was perhaps better for the time being or Mark might find himself focusing too much on Drew and not enough on himself and the reason Drew was here.

"Coffee it is." Mark nodded, watching Drew take the chair before calling his asisstant in to get them some coffee. It wasn't long before the pretty young man had returned with a tray of two cups of coffee and some sugars and half and half.

Mark gave a bit of a shrug as he made his coffee and leaned back into the couch. "Until recently I've been great. The agency really took off once I was able to sign a couple big names and I'm still doing my own music but it hasn't been as big of a focus as my clients." He'd been happy and proud of what he'd accomplished in the past year and it was almost scary now to think that it might fall apart on him. "You've been well I hope?"

PM EMAIL
^
Drew Davis
 Posted: Sep 5 2017, 05:54 AM
Wraith
31 AGE
712 POSTS
Damocles
CLASS 2

Drew knew the lines here. The lines at work. Be professional. Talk to the person. Find out the information that they needed. Except if he was undercover, or in many other circumstances. Flirting was never really off limits for him.

"It has been." He agreed. Knowing why the arrangement with Mark had faded. Kohl had overdosed and then...well then Darren entered his life. His feelings for Mark were of affection and friendship. Yes, they had slept together but neither of them had been expecting anything beyond that.

Which lead to a problem for Drew. One that Mark didn't and couldn't know about. He missed the man as a friend. He didn't know if they would wind up falling into old habits again. He had checked himself with men. Not easily but he had. He knew, sooner or later, he wouldn't be able to do anymore. If he was going to break that, to break the last bit of his promise, then he supposed Mark wouldn't be a bad person to break it with.

"Well, what does your weekend look like?" So unprofessional, he knew, but the man had brought it up and making people comfortable always helped. The weekend would also give him a few days to sort things out in his head and really decide what he was going to do.

Drew worked on his coffee, glad to have something to do with his hands more than finding a need to really change the coffee flavor. "Yeah I've heard about some of the acts you've signed." Okay so maybe he had followed the agency a bit over the past year. "Some seemed to be big coups." Including Lila.

He sat back and took a sip of his coffee. "Until...well, about six months ago. But that isn't a story for now. I'll tell you this weekend." Because he was trying to work and the last thing he needed was to break down. Speaking, he sighed and looked at Mark. Almost a regretful look on his face.

"Tell me about Lila?" It was why he was here after all. They could only catch up and make small talk for so long before they had to get to the point. As much as he would rather sit and just talk for a while.

PM
^
Mark Sheppard
 Posted: Sep 16 2017, 02:57 PM
DJ
29 AGE
72 POSTS
X-Men
CLASS 3

Mark wore that charming crooked smile as Drew asked about his weekend plans. "I'm free all weekend." He flirted back. He wasn't going to bother tagging on the unspoken 'now' that should have come with that statement. After Lila, everything had been put on hold and Mark's weekend had opened wide. He'd considered still coming in and trying to do more damage control but god did catching up with Drew seem like the way better option right now.

"What can I say, I know how to charm people into seeing I can offer them something much better." Some of it had been his own connections and charms, but Mark would likely admit that a lot of it had been dumb luck. Catching the right groups in their moments of frustration with their other agencies or getting info on which agencies were looking to cut mutants from their roster. "The bigger names are great and give me enough money and exposure to spend more resources to getting unknown models, photographers, and other talents signed." Which had been his bigger goal in starting this place. Not just representing those already famous, but giving the next generation the resources they needed to get out there and reach their dreams.

Drew's comments about his own life gave Mark pause again. Something had happened and Mark wanted to find out more, but he understood why Drew wasn't talking. He was here on business and needed to stay professional which didn't include talking about whatever had happened six months ago. "Alright." Mark said simply, not saying anything more about it for now as he sipped his coffee.

Tell me about Lila?

There was a small laugh, "You might have to be more specific about what you want to know. Lila was..." Pausing, Mark had so many words to describe Lila. "She was my star." There was no shortage of pure affection in his voice in regards to the woman. They'd had a close relationship and though they'd not been dating, Mark had always felt a deep kinship with Lila that made all this much harder. "Lila was the reason my agency took off and built a name for itself. She brought a lot of people here by reputation alone. More than that she believed in what this place stands for. She was always a bit of a rebel and didn't believe mutants should have to hide just to fit in with society."

Putting his cup down on the tray, Mark sighed heavily and leaned back into the couch. "The show was going to be the kickoff to a tour we had yet to announce." They'd arranged for some media coverage for the show so Lila was meant to announce the tour dates and locations on stage.

Hearing Mark gush about Lila wasn't really why Drew was here though. He was looking for informaiton, information Mark wasn't surprised that the regular police hadn't shared with Damocles. "Lila got a lot of fan mail, so much we had to hire an intern solely to handle all her letters, emails, gifts, ecetera. A few days before the show they brought us a letter that they thought was threatening, basically talking about mutants and just.... crazy, poisonous comments about her and how she would be an example."

Mark pushed himself off the couch and walked over to his desk and opened up one of the drawers. "Her manager didn't want to do anything but I sent it to the cops and they told me to just hire a security detail. You and I both know how well the security detail did." Mark had refused to even pay them the rest of their commission. It seemed pretty reasonable that if the person you're hired to protect gets murdered you don't get your money. That didn't mean they didn't complain of course.

He returned to the sitting area with a large ziploc bag with a letter and envelope in it. Mark had bagged it before he brought it to the cops jsut in case but they hadn't even spent five minutes looking at it before giving it back and telling him it was nothing. "You can keep it if you need. I don't want it."

PM EMAIL
^
Drew Davis
 Posted: Sep 19 2017, 12:09 AM
Wraith
31 AGE
712 POSTS
Damocles
CLASS 2

Drew was trying to be professional but he couldn't help but think about the last time he saw that crooked smile. "I'm glad to hear it. Friday night then?" He flirted just a bit back. Giving Mark his own smiled. He knew normally Mark would be busy Friday but with this Lila mess...well having a distraction that night might be helpful.

He couldn't help the grin that stayed on his face when Mark mentioned how he charmed people into seeing what could be offered. Mark was probably too good at charming. Which is why it was so damn hard to stay in business mode around the man. It was why he didn't want to talk about Darren right now. Because all of that would derail the reason he needed to be here. He mimicked the other man and sipped his coffee as well. Wishing he could say more but now wasn't the time or the place.

He raised an eyebrow with the laugh. Understanding the affection and the emotion in Mark's voice. It was a shame too. Drew thought he might have gotten along well with Lila. "Do you think whoever did this might want to take advantage of the media coverage?" Getting Mark's read on the timing. He pulled out a small notebook and started to just jot a few notes. He was letting Mark talk though, not pushing it one way or another just yet.

As for the police, Drew had looked through the initial reports but they weren't too helpful. It was a homicide with the cause of death listed as a broken neck. It was marked possible hate crime and there were some pictures of the scene but that was really it. Most of the useful information had come from Brian and his examination with Northstar and his husband.

He watched as the tattooed man walked over to his desk. "Poorly." He responded. Security details were supposed to protect. "Do you think any of them might have been in on it?" It might explain why they failed their jobs. Maybe even why Lila didn't initially view them as a threat.

Drew took the ziploc bag and nodded to Mark. "I will." He sighed and took another sip of coffee. "I'm not completely familiar with what she could do. Can you explain?" He had seen the video but wanted to hear it from Mark.

This post has been edited by Drew Davis: Sep 19 2017, 12:28 AM
PM
^
Mark Sheppard
 Posted: Sep 21 2017, 08:59 PM
DJ
29 AGE
72 POSTS
X-Men
CLASS 3

"I don't know... it's likely. I'm not sure why they would have killed her there if they wanted it quiet." If they'd wanted to kill her quietly then it would have been more likely to be in her apartment or when she wasn't expected to be somewhere for awhile. They fact they'd done it in her dressing room, at her own concert, and the way she was found... the only thing they could have been after was the media coverage. It was the only thing that made sense in this whole crazy case.

As for the security detail, Mark gave a shrug. He really couldn't say one way or another if they were in on it. "They just seemed like your average security detail. I got the agency reccomendation from the officer that seemed convinced that the letter was 'just hate mail'." If they were, it would make sense how the killer got past them, if they weren't... well then they were just incompetent. There had been nothing to make Mark suspicious about them though and he had no reason to believe it had been more than just the one killer.

Scrubbing a hand across his stubble, Mark wasn't sure he was the best person to explain her powers, but then again, Lila herself never seemed to understand them in their entirety. "I never fully understood how her powers worked. She could teleport but said she could only do long-distance teleportation. She didn't use them too much, to be honest with you. Sometimes she'd create some sort of light particle field around herself during a show but it was harmless." Maybe it would seem less senseless if they'd targetted someone who was actually dangerous, but Lila couldn't hurt people with her powers.

PM EMAIL
^
Drew Davis
 Posted: Sep 22 2017, 11:45 PM
Wraith
31 AGE
712 POSTS
Damocles
CLASS 2

Media coverage of her death seemed like the point but there were other things that bothered him about it. Like there wasn't a real note left. Just the posing of the body which brought up another question of his.

"Mark, the killer felt like they'd have a bit of time...." They had to know Lila's schedule and routine. Or be in contact with someone who did. "Who knew how long it would take her to get ready?" Drew changed the question at the end. Rather than ask who had access. He knew this had to be hard on the man but the questions had to be answered and he was the only one Drew trusted to answer them honestly...and the only one that Drew could trust and knew wasn't involved.

"Is that normal to get a recommendation from the police? And if he didn't take it seriously, why'd he recommend on anyway?" He doubted the officer was in on it unless this was some massive con. Or the police officer was dirty and they gave him money. But it still felt wrong. There was no way to tell what officer would respond to Mark about the letter or if the letter was even connected.

Hearing her powers confirmed caused the frown on Drew's face to deepen. "Mark, why wouldn't she teleport away?" It made him wonder more again if she knew the person or otherwise trusted them. "I mean, if I was coming near you, no matter how fast I moved, as long as you could see me, you'd defend yourself...." Now there was something he hadn't thought of. What if Lila didn't know until it was too late. But if it was a hate crime, if it was a human group that killed her...they didn't have mutations like his.

The whole case didn't make sense. She was posed to send a message. Anyone could break a neck, he had broken his fair share and he wasn't super strong. But the rest. He scrubbed at his face again. "Sorry. I'm just musing out loud." He glanced down at the paper that Mark had given him.

"I know you said you didn't have any ideas who did this...but if you had to guess based on everything, who would you think?" Give them a place to start besides 'likely FOH but who knows'.

PM
^
Mark Sheppard
 Posted: Nov 13 2017, 04:49 PM
DJ
29 AGE
72 POSTS
X-Men
CLASS 3

Raising an eyebrow at Drew, Mark understood the 'why' of what Drew was asking but to Mark the question itself is a bit of a dead end if Drew was trying to narrow down suspects. "A lot of people I guess? Only myself and her manager knew her whole prep routine but, Drew, when you're doing a show this big, everything is rehearsed and planned out. When she arrived, whe she was scheduled to leave her dressing room, it would have been known by everybody involved." He tried to explain to the other man. It was a different world and everything had to be planned or it would be chaos.

Was it normal? Mark didn't know. None of this really felt normal. He'd been confused from the beginning why the cop wouldn't take him seriously. For someone as big as Lila you would have thought they'd give her some priority with this kind of thing. "You tell me. I've never had to go to the cops for this. I suspect he just wanted me to leave. That was the easiest way to do it." So Mark had hired extra security. Not that it had done any good.

"Mark, why wouldn't she teleport away?"

He tried to take a breath and center himself, he really did. Rubbing a hand over his face Mark thought he might be able to reply calmly but it didn't quite work out that way. "I don't know. None of this makes sense to me! One moment I was out doing PR and talking to media and next I'm getting escorted backstage and told that Lila was murdered. How am I supposed to make any sense out of this?!" The normally calm and happy musician burst out, letting his emotions get the best of him.

Breathing heavily, Mark took a couple moments and just shook his head slowly. "Sorry... I'm sorry. I didn't mean to yell at you." He apologized quietly, looking away from Drew and out the windows as Drew started to speak again. "Whoever wrote that letter. I know that doesn't help you right now but... I'm sure it's connected." It had to be... it was the only clue he could give anyone, the only way he could actually feel helpful in all of this insantity.

PM EMAIL
^
Drew Davis
 Posted: Nov 17 2017, 04:51 AM
Wraith
31 AGE
712 POSTS
Damocles
CLASS 2

Drew listened carefully as Mark explained that everything was planned out. He could understand that easily. Ops, and the more complex ones especially, usually had to be planned out. Some idea given to what could happen and contingencies if they did. He scrubbed a hand through his hair. "So basically too many people to really narrow anything down." He didn't think the manager would have anything to do with this since the manager made money off of Lila. They would have known the woman had been a mutant for at least as long as Mark. "Still do you think you could get me a list?" Looking for places to start.

Drew frowned when Mark responded. Honestly, until he joined Damocles, he really tried to avoid the cops. He still wasn't sure that he didn't have a warrant out from a CIA job someplace. "I don't know for sure, but it all sounds fishy. They should have taken the threat seriously and I don't know that they would just be like 'hire this company'. Unless they were getting something for it." Still it could just be a cop who didn't want to deal with it throwing out the first security firm name he could think of.

Drew could see the line crossed, could see when Mark started to lose it. He sat there calmly as Mark let his emotions come boiling out. "I'm sorry." Drew said, looking at the man. "Mark this...this whole situation. I'm sorry that I'm dragging it out. We are going to find who did this." He folded up his little notebook and slid it into his pocket. 'I know we said we'd wait till tonight, but...how are you holding up really?" He asked, sounding worried. Mark was, if nothing else, a friend. Drew was holding enough pain for them both, and to watch the man that always seemed happy and alive and chipper slide down was painful. He knew as well as any how well emotions could be hidden but Mark never seemed like he was hiding his until now.

PM
^
Mark Sheppard
 Posted: Dec 26 2017, 06:30 PM
DJ
29 AGE
72 POSTS
X-Men
CLASS 3

Mark sighed as he tried to think about Drew's request. "I can try. I'm not sure I can get a list of everyone since they weren't all my people... but I can get you what I can." He'd have to make a lot of calls to people that may or may not want to talk to him and disclose that information. What he couldn't get might need Damocles influence to get them.

It wasn't like Mark to lose his temper like that. It wasn't really like Mark to bottle up as much as he was. It was a fine line between being open about his emotions and needing to be the strong face of his agency in a time when he wanted to just break down. The turbulance it was causing within him was coming out with Drew now, the added frustration of questions he couldn't answer making him boil over unintentionally.

He felt bad immediately. He knew that Drew wasn't trying to upset him, he was doing his job, and the concern in Drew's voice as he put away his notebook only furthered that regret at lashing out. He was never sure why Drew had cut off communication with him a year ago, but it was nice to feel like the man still at least cared for the friendship they'd developed underneath all the casual sex.

"I'm... holding on." Mark decided on, having to take a moment before he found the right word for it. He wasn't doing well, that much was probably becoming clear to Drew the longer he stayed in here. Mark was unravelling very slowly and he wasn't sure it would take much prodding from Drew tonight until Mark fell apart.

Mark took a heavy breath, leaning against the arm of the couch. "I don't know how I'm supposed to...deal with her death when her murder makes no sense to me." He tried to explain, not wanting to get into it all right now, but he wasn't exactly going to lie to Drew either and pretend like he was okay. "Lila was special to me and now she's just... gone." They hadn't been dating even though Mark had feelings for her, so it was hard to explain exactly how Mark had felt about Lila other than that she was special to him.

"Anyways.... " Mark sighed, "Where should we meet tonight?" He wasn't sure exactly what Drew was thinking of but Mark had built the top floor of the agency into a home for when he couldn't make it back for Westchester (or couldn't bring his guest back to a school) or they could go to a bar. He wasn't sure he was too picky right now.

PM EMAIL
^
Drew Davis
 Posted: Jan 2 2018, 04:05 PM
Wraith
31 AGE
712 POSTS
Damocles
CLASS 2

Drew hadn't meant to cut off contact with Mark last year. Things had just happened. Between Kohl's overdose and everything with Darren, he hadn't kept up some of the connections like he wanted to. It was also a little tricky. How did you introduce your former lover to your current one? Not that there was anything near the same kinds of feelings for the two men. Mark and he had been two people who happened to be friends, who had itches to scratch.

But he had gotten to know Mark as a friend. It was hard to watch the man who was normally so open closing off. Boiling up and over. Not like Drew who regularly hid what he was feeling. Not that he hadn't come close to boiling over himself lately.

Drew gave Mark a look when the man claimed to be holding on. He didn't believe the musician for one moment. He was coming undone. Better to do it somewhere safe with someone trusted than on his own. He knew how it went both ways. Kohl and Travis had helped to patch him back together in March. Had he been completely alone? It was hard to say if he would even be sitting here having this conversation.

It didn't help that Mark's words echoed a lot of what he had been feeling and thinking. The death made no sense. That the person had been special and now they were gone. His fingers unconsciously tracing over the tattoo, the tattoo that his shirt and jacket covered.

"Fuck it." He said. "Why don't we head up, grab some drinks and order some food." He suggested. "Why wait?" Mostly because he didn't want to leave Mark in this state. He was here to get some amount of information and while he wasn't going to report back anything else...no one else had to know that.

It had been a tough year for him and seeing it all reflected on Mark's face sure wasn't helping. Getting drunk with a friend, one who was going through similar grief, sure sounded better than getting drunk by himself or with someone who never really grasped what he was feeling.

tag
PM
^
Mark Sheppard
 Posted: Jan 13 2018, 12:08 AM
DJ
29 AGE
72 POSTS
X-Men
CLASS 3

Mark had a rare moment of silence while he struggled to find words. He hadn't really expected Drew to just drop everything to push up their plans. Honestly, if anything, Mark had expected Drew to give him a time and place and then convienently cancel an hour beforehand. Mark couldn't explain why he'd thought that, perhaps a reflection of his sullen mood, maybe just an assumption that Drew wasn't going to want to spend his evening with himif he could continue to avoid doing so.

Arching a brow at Drew, Mark didn't mean to sound like he was trying to get rid of Drew, he just hadn't expected the spur of the moment change of plans. "You don't need to go... report in or however it works?" Between the interview and the evidence, Mark figured Drew would be doing paperwork for the rest of the day. Wouldn't he get in trouble if he just... went off and drank the rest of the day? "I promise I'll be fine if you have to go." Mark told Drew, wanting to make sure that Drew had the out if he wanted it.

It wasn't even that Mark wanted to be alone, Mark rarely wanted to be alone in all honesty, it was more that he didn't want Drew to get in any sort of trouble for him. If Drew insisted, Mark wasn't going to put up any more fight. He wanted to catch up, see what he'd been doing for the past nearly two years, hell Mark might even break his own rules for a night and have a few drinks. Right now, he was just hoping to have someone to talk to and keep him company for at least a little while.

With the rest of his day in Drew's hands, Mark walked out of the office and gave the pretty young man behind the desk a smile. "Could you please order us an assortment of sushi and have the rolling bar sent up to the top floor? Once that's all upstairs you're welcome to head home early." When he'd confirmed the instructions, Mark looked back towards Drew and nodded towards the elevator. Once inside, Mark took used his keycard to take them up to the top floor, the elevator opening up directly into the spacious penthouse. "Make yourself at home, it shouldn't take too long for everything to arrive. The sushi place we order from will usually prioritize our orders if it isn't during a rush."

PM EMAIL
^
Drew Davis
 Posted: Jan 15 2018, 10:41 AM
Wraith
31 AGE
712 POSTS
Damocles
CLASS 2

Drew hadn't really expected to drop everything to stay either. But he could see his friend struggling. That was more important to him then all the paperwork was waiting. Not that Drew wasn't always looking for excuses to delay them anyway. The murder had waited this long, and well, another day wasn't really going to change much.

He pulled out his phone and sent a quick text to Travis. Letting him know that he was fine and would see him in the morning. "Nothing that can't wait." He told the man. "And Travis will cover if it comes up." He knew that was true. Travis knew that he was interviewing Mark and that they had history. He figured if nothing else Travis would assume they hooked up.

Like Mark, Drew rarely wanted to be alone either. It was why he was out most nights, drinking and going home with a girl. He didn't do well by himself. Never really had, even as a child.

It took a minute to remember that Mark didn't drink. Didn't touch the stuff. It was odd to him but he also kind of was jealous of the restraint. Drew didn't have any of it.

He followed the man to the elevator. Not carrying if there was gossip in the office, and assuming that Mark didn't either. "Nice place." He said, taking off his jacket and hanging it up. Unbuttoning the sleeves of his shirt, and rolling them up. The edge of the patterned tattoo visible now. Clearly relaxing. Even losing his tie a bit. "No worries." He had understood where Mark was coming from but wasn't sure how to broach the topic. Instead, he moved and gave Mark a hug. "I'm sorry...really sorry about Lila." He told the man. He wished he could do more than just be here...but that had been what he needed when he lost Dare. It was what he had still needed. Kohl and Travis. Being there for him. Alex and Dani, morning themselves, eventually reaching out as well.

He hadn't known Lila, but he knew Mark and suspected that he would need the same. Support from someone who cared.

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Affiliates