Cupcake Break!, Tag: Magda
Hazel Taylor
 Posted: Jun 25 2018, 07:20 PM
Spark
Eighteen AGE
371 POSTS
X-Resident
CLASS 3

This had been a pretty new gig for Hazel. Maybe even it was Q who had pushed her, though indirectly and she'd never admit it, to do this. Pointing out that she didn't need school. That she was smart and capable. So when she saw an ad for a clinic looking for a lab assistant she had jumped on it.

It sure made her days full. She was there most days, leaving only really for classes, and tracked back to the mansion at nights. Even though she knew she didn't have to be there as often as she was. Weekends she tutored or spent time with her dad. The only thing that was really lacking lately was working on her powers.

It also wasn't lost on her that she was following her mother's footsteps. Something she wasn't sure how she felt about yet. She knew, on some level, she likely always would but on the other, she wanted to step out of that shadow. Everyone around her cast long shadows.

Except for Magda. Magda had been great. Also being a mutant redhead probably didn't hurt things. Hazel liked the doctor, even though there were things she didn't understand. Like why the doctor refused to get involved more then she was. Still, she learned to not press things and she could easily see how much the woman cared.

She had a little lunch with her but something special tucked away. Knocking of the door to where Magda was, she smiled. "I stopped by a little bakery on the way. I thought you might want one." She blushed slightly pulling out a chocolate cupcake. "I didn't know what you liked for sure, so I figured I couldn't go wrong with chocolate." Though she had debated for a while as well. She had a confetti one as well, as an alternate and for herself if Madga took the chocolate one.

PM
^
Magdalena Caras
 Posted: Jul 10 2018, 02:53 PM
The Doctor
29 AGE
8 POSTS
Unaffiliated
CLASS 3

Magdalena was exhausted really. She had just hired someone and there was a lot of training involved with getting her ready for working with Magdalena. She didn't hire just anyone and Hazel fit a lot of her categories. She pressed her lips together and sighed softly. She ran a hand across her temple, wishing she could make her own pain disappear, but the headache would have to go away on it's own. She took a deep breath and wished she took meds. She didn't take anything if she didn't have to. Something about being in a hospital so many times and having to take medication a lot would turn anyone off of it. She hated pills the worst.

Magdalena looked up at her doorway. Think of the devil, she supposed. She listened to the girl speak. What was her name again? She just had it. Hallie? No. Hannah? No.... It was different. She shook her head, shaking the thoughts of her name from her head for a moment. She smiled warmly and shook her head, putting up a polite hand. "Thank you so much for the offer, but I don't really partake in sugar and such. I didn't have it much as a kid so I don't really eat it much now either." She smiled warmly despite the pain in her head. It was pounding. She had pushed herself a little too far earlier in the day.

Hazel! Hazel was her name.

Magdalena motioned in front of her to one of the seats. "If you would like to have lunch in here, you're welcome to. It's the quietest area in the entire place. No one really comes in here unless they want something from me." She paused, realizing how Hazel might take that. "Not that you can't come in here, but most people realize my need for quiet.." Nope. Strike two, Magdalena. You really need to learn how to human better. She took a breath and let out a sigh. She gave Hazel an apologetic look. "My apologies. You're welcome in here at any point. Unless I'm angry. I'd just steer clear of me in that moment. "

"I'm sure everyone's mentioned to you about my temper, and I feel like I need to be up front about. I do not deal well with mistakes. Mistakes in this field can kill someone so I don't let it happen. If you make too many mistakes, you're gone. I will be mad for days. You will get nothing more than a few curt answers when required otherwise I will outright ignore you. If you can get past that time where I'm mad at you, you'll be fine. Pressuring me to forgive you or pushing me to talk to you will only extend your time until I get mad enough to fire you. I don't think you want me to fire you. If you can correct the mistake before it gets to me, then there won't be an issue. You've fixed it. Do not push me to go out. Do not push me to 'have more fun'. I am not someone who goes out for fun. Invitations will just earn you ire. I am agoraphobic, though I've gotten better in recent years. I stay in one of two places. My home or here. The only time I am willing to go out is with my sister, Alessa. You know know Alessa because she looks just like me."

I been a survivor since I began to crawl
tag: @Hazel Taylor / notes: The beginnings http://flawed.b1.jcink.com/uploads/flawed/avatars/emoticons/heart.gif
PM
^
Hazel Taylor
 Posted: Jul 11 2018, 05:22 PM
Spark
Eighteen AGE
371 POSTS
X-Resident
CLASS 3

If Hazel had known about the headaches, she would have left Magda alone. Would have given her space because she knew how bad headaches and migraines could get. Her own powers exhausting her and causing them. She rarely talked about them though, but she figured her father had picked up on them.

She cocked her head with the refusal and then shrugged. "Well I'll see if Denise wants it then." Maybe a tiny bit of disappointment in her voice. Though that was odd, Hazel didn't know many people who didn't eat sugar unless they had like diabetes or something. And these were some of the best cupcakes in the city. But whatever. It was Magda losing out.

There was a warm smile when Magda offered to let her sit and eat. Glancing around even as the other redhead spoke. There was a small giggle, though again if she had known she wouldn't have done such things. "No I understand. I say things like that too." And it was true. Foot in Mouth disease was not unknown by Hazel at all. Glad that she did understand what the woman mean because all of those options sounded bad.

"Us redheads do seem to have tempers that can make others quake in fear." She gave a warm smile. "Sometimes I joke that I can feel my mom's anger all the way here, and she is in Chicago." A wide grin on her face with the joke.

There was a nod about mistakes. "I try not to make them but also I'm still learning. So...umm...." She trailed off not sure how to end that thought. Trying to buck up and not be too upset if Magda got curt with her. She didn't like making people mad. She didn't need to be LIKED all the time, but she did want people to not be angry with her.

Then more information also met with a shrug. "I dont' go out. I don't have the time and I'm not like a party type person." She offered in explanation. "And, no offense, I don't know how I'd take being out at a party with my boss." Not that she went to any but still.

"That's cool to have a twin sister. I assume you mean identical twin right?" She clarified. "I have two little half brothers but that's it." She shrugged. She was glad for this job because she didn't think Magda would want her just for access to her mom and she didn't even tell the woman who her father was. That seemed, even in mutant circles, just to be asking for trouble.

She sat down and opened up the small container of lunch. Just a small turkey sandwich with some cheese and lettuce and tomato and a bag of chips. "Is there anything else I need to be aware of then?" She already knew the woman wasn't getting involved in the larger mutant political scene.

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Affiliates
Candyland Couture Shadowplay
UNCANNY EVOLUTION Heroes Reborn WHAT WE CHOOSE
GLITTER & GOLD Infinite Dreams