Posted: Nov 17 2017, 01:15 AM
Null
27 AGE
13 POSTS
Unaffiliated
CLASS

REMIND MYSELF IN THE SMUDGED GLASS
that pretty isn't everything, you punk-ass

Tonight was definitely one of the louder ones. Single girls flirted, single men bought drinks for woman who would never leave with them and drinks flowed, at the hand of Esme. She was the primary bartender tonight and Liam hadn't given her grief for walking into the bar ten minutes late with no shoes on because, who on this God given earth was walking four blocks from the subway to the bar in seven inch bootie heels, emphasis on bootie, since they only made her ass look bigger than it really was, especially in this latex thing called a dress. Granted the sluttier the dress the more tips she got, so she'd just deal.

Her curly hair bounced as she went from shot glass to shot glass refilling as quickly as people took them back. She licked her red full lips feeling a drip of sweat fall from her forehead. She groaned inwardly at how hot Liam kept this place, mutant or not she didn't have some sort of frosty touch to her skin where she could just cool off, it was bloody hot! It was a Friday night, and yes it was boarder line freezing outside for this time of Fall but Liam thought it was okay to crank the heat up to a thousand degrees while there was damn near two hundred people flooding into this club.

"Another scotch on the rocks', a groggy voice said to her. She knew the voice, she had been getting the same drink for the same man for the past hour now, and it was at that point where it was a cut off point and Esme was going to give it to him. "You're rat arsed bloke, I'd take it easy" her accent hitting every lick of her words. She started walking to another customer before she felt a hand grab her bare hand. She didn't turn to face him but had a face of pure irritancy. She looked at the hand of her arm. "I, my good sir, would advise you to take you beastly hand off my arm before you lose all feeling in it.". Her words held a itch of venom in it. She hardly had to use her ability...at work, surprisingly people usually kept their hands to themselves. He still made no move to remove his hand. "You have three seconds", she was growing impatient.

Other customers starting looking over, not because she was being harassed but because they weren't getting their drinks, the customers, she was sure, were unsure who to be more irritated with, her or the man holding her up from preparing their drinks.

outfit

Words:441 @Travis Archer

This post has been edited by Esmeralda Bishop: Jan 5 2018, 02:11 AM
PM
^
Travis Archer
 Posted: Dec 5 2017, 04:29 AM
Thresher
Thirty-seven AGE
232 POSTS
Damocles
CLASS 3

Outfit

Maybe it was the heat in the place, maybe it was that he just woke up on the wrong side of the bed, or maybe it was the fact that he had gotten into a physical fight with his best friend the day before… whatever the reason was, Travis hadn’t been in the greatest of moods when he had came into the bar to drink that night. Sure he told Drew that he would give him a day to sort his head out, but really he was giving his friend more time just in case. Leaving him alone and knowing that once ready to actually talk he would call Travis. Of course, if he could have it his way, his best friend would be sitting next to him at the bar right now… throwing back shots and flirting with some of the beautiful woman the other men were striking out with. Showing them how it was really done on picking up a woman with dignity and making her eager to go home with them.

Sadly though, that would not be the case for his night since Travis was sitting alone at the bar; washing shots of whiskey down with beer. Simply people watching while trying to get himself out of his little funk of irritation and worry about his partner.

So when the hand of a man at the bar reached out and grabbed the bartender’s arm, it was hard for the Damocles agent to not notice. Especially since it was only two people down from him, causing Travis to turn his full attention towards the little encounter starting to take place. And with seeing that the drunk wasn’t getting the hint to not touch the staff, even after she gave him a warning to release or else, it just rubbed him the wrong way. Causing him to grab his glass of beer and stand up from his stool as the tender gave a three second warning for the man to let her go.

Casually walking up behind the man as he heard him insisting on another Scotch on the rocks from her, he slipped back up to the bar counter right next to the man holding onto the bartender’s arm. His hazel eyes firmly on the man that seemed to have no respect or dignity. “I’ll stop doing it when you let go of the young lady,” Travis said to the man as he was setting his glass down. Making sure to get the man’s attention, giving him a very bored yet irritated expression even as the drunk looked at him asking; “Stop doing what?” And the moment those words left him, Travis swiftly placed his hand on the back of the man’s head and pushed it forward… causing the drunk to hit his forehead against the bar counter as the answer. A loud thud and rattle of glass being heard from the impact of head to wood.

Letting him go as soon as he collided, Travis just stood there looking at the drunk to see if he got the picture to leave the bartender alone.

@Aisha

PM
^
Esmeralda Bishop
 Posted: Jan 4 2018, 06:22 PM
Null
27 AGE
13 POSTS
Unaffiliated
CLASS

The smell was starting to get to Esme, it was just as irritating as the man still holding her arm. She rolled her eyes noting the man still wasn’t getting the hint, either that or he wasn’t taking her seriously, which in any case was a stupid thought on his part. Esme knew the human body well enough where she could break his arm in three different locations, and that was without the use of her powers. She licked her lips. Okay so she was doing this. ”One”, she began, her eyes shifting from her arm to the man’s hazy eyes. Honestly she probably wouldn’t even make it to two because at that point he would have been baiting her, probably expecting her to make a false promise, and boy would he be wrong. Her mouth formed a thin line. Her mouth opened to get to the number two before a man about two or three seats down made his way over to the scene unfolding. Esme’s eyes narrowed in on the man. He came over drink in hand, so either he was wanting to get in on the action or he was looking to be some sort of hero, either way you put it, Esme wasn’t down for it.

The man spoke of the ceasing of an action, while no action was taking place. Esme gave a look of interest while confusion crossed the man’s face, who, by the way, was still gripping her arm. He didn’t tighten his grip but he didn’t let up either. The man’s sentence was brief, the drunk barely mustered out an answer before his head hit straight wood. Esme’s eyes grew wide before she looked from the man to the drunk who finally let go of her arm. She gripped her arm where he let go like his touch was acid. The drunk was lucky, honestly, he could have gotten his head smashed in on the marble end of the bar, but that would have ended a lot messier and Esme was glad the man possibly took that into consideration. That paperwork would have been hell. The man lifted up and looked at the man then looked at Esme, looking like he had something to say. Esme kept a nonchalant look on her face, daring him to say something. Everyone at the bar was looking in their direction now and Esme honestly could care less. She lifted her eyebrows as if to say now what. The man got up, mumbling under his breath and holding his head. Esme wasn’t looking to continue on with him so she didn’t bother to ask him what he had to say under her breath.

She looked to the man and tilted her head before considering her next words. She looked him in the eye. "I had it under control.", she exhaled heavily. "I'm not going to be a total arse though, so...thanks. I could have handled it though, I don't just work here 'cause I can make some fancy drink with an umbrella in it.", Esme crossed her arms, noting out of the corner of her eye that a man was waving her down for a drink. It didn't take much to phase these people, a man could have gotten shot in front of them and they still would have been asking for their next drink. She considered ignoring them but realized Liam wouldn't be too happy with that on top of her being late, she was sure he wouldn't be happy with the scene that just happened either but everyone here knew the drunk wouldn't dare sue, so she'd do her job. "So anyway, thanks.", she looked at him for a second longer than necessary before grabbing the cloth and throwing it over her shoulder, still looking him in the eye.

outfit

Words:636 @Travis Archer

This post has been edited by Esmeralda Bishop: Jan 5 2018, 02:11 AM
PM
^
Travis Archer
 Posted: Jan 13 2018, 03:41 AM
Thresher
Thirty-seven AGE
232 POSTS
Damocles
CLASS 3

There were times where Travis was told he had a hero complex, but really he didn’t see anything wrong with wanting to help people. Even if he was sure he could have let her handle it, it just wasn’t in his nature to sit by and watch somebody manhandling another after being told to let go. Especially when it involved a woman being grabbed and clearly not wanting the other’s attention or touch. So even though he noticed the look the bartender gave him about butting in, Travis ignored it and gave his warning to the man both verbally and physically. Watching as the drunk let go of the female and grabbed where his head had collided with the counter. And when the other man looked up in anger, looking between them as if wishing to say another word, Travis raised a brow and gave him a look in return to just walk away.

Because at that moment, he wouldn't hesitate to punch him in the jaw if the drunk decided to continue… not even caring if they had eyes on them watching the little scene unfolding.

Lucky for the man though, he seemed to be smart enough to get the picture and stood to leave; mumbling under his breath something about the tender being a bitch and her savior an asshole as he was walking away. Which the killjoy didn’t take offense to since Travis knew he was an asshole and accepted that. And with the drunk gone, having kept an eye on him to watch him leave the bar altogether, he slid onto the stool that was now vacant and turned his attention back onto the dark haired tender. About to ask her if she was alright when she spoke first about having had it under control.

That made Travis chuckle as he took a drink off his beer, listening to her at least thanking him before once again stating how she could have handled that man. “I don’t doubt at all that you could have handled it. You look like the type that could slap a man into thinking he’s a child or your slave,” he remarked with a smirk and a glance at her shiny leather like dress. Pretty much saying she looked like a dominatrix that could whip a man in line. “But I figured that him having a welt on his head instead of a broken arm would be better for him and you.” Not to mention he really hadn’t needed much of a reason to smack somebody’s head against something. The drunk had just caused enough of a scene and just rubbed Travis the wrong way at the wrong time.

And with her saying thanks to him again, seeming to be torn between wanting to say something more to him or go back to work, Travis gave a nod while finishing off his beer. “No problem,” he even replied with a small smile while setting his empty glass down. “Though I might just have to sit here a bit longer in case he returns if you don’t mind. I promise not to be as annoying as he was.”

@Aisha

PM
^
Esmeralda Bishop
 Posted: Jan 15 2018, 09:50 PM
Null
27 AGE
13 POSTS
Unaffiliated
CLASS

Esme nibbled at her bottom lip remembering the look that the man gave to the drunk. She kept her opinion to herself, which was probably for the best. The drunk left entirely but Esme paid him no mind, she really didn’t care as long he was touching her, let alone bothering her. Her eyes narrowed in at the sound of his chuckle before her face formed into a look she couldn’t explain at his comment. His choice of words were…interesting and she opened her mouth to speak before closing her mouth again. Esme was utterly sarcastic and blunt with her words depending on who she was speaking with and she didn’t want to push the gentleman away because she chose to be an asshole, in fact he saved her so that would only make her a raging bitch…yeah she’d just keep shut. The stood there for a second with a look of amuse. She changed her mind…Yeah she was going to say something. ”Wouldn’t you like to know what type of chicky I am?”, she was being flirty now, she knew that was a dangerous thing to do but she was intrigued by the man who just managed to crack open a man’s skull on her bar.

Esme crossed her arms over her chest as if it were going to cover her up. She noted her wandering eyes and honestly she couldn’t complain. In fact by how she was crossing it probably pushed her breast up, but again…game were being played and Esme had a good hand dealt here. ”I could have broken his arm easily, and it probably would have been docked from check, so thanks for saving me some money”, granted they would have had to compensate for that arse, drunk or not, but the man took that stress off her shoulders by taking care of it himself. He was a shabby looking bloke honestly. He had to be a few years older than her and Esme had a body count of…3…2 of the 3 not even being male, but Esme was at a point in her life where she wanted to live a little and be adventurous, not that she was insinuating that he’d want to but…her shift would be over in…no…no, no. She smiled to herself.

Esme fluffed her hair absentmindedly, something she did when she was out of sarcastic things to say, or words in general. She eyed his arms…even through his jacket and stared a little longer than she should have before deciding this was bad and that she would just walk away and think nothing of this again. That was until he mentioned staying longer, and once more her mouth worked faster than her brain, ”Let’s be honest cheeky, you enjoy my company” she said playing with him, others at the bar tried flagging her down again before she nodded at them, ”You can stick around but I’m going to be working…I don’t get off for at least another six hours and I doubt you want to stay for that tid-bit.” Esme said pulling the vodka up on the counter hearing what one of the men was trying to order from down the bar. ”But I guess I owe you a drink for the save so…we’ll be even” she said smiling at him.

outfit

Words:525 @Travis Archer

This post has been edited by Esmeralda Bishop: Jan 15 2018, 10:03 PM
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Affiliates