Illyana rasputin
 Posted: Sep 24 2017, 02:45 PM
Magik
Seventeen AGE
43 POSTS
X-Resident
CLASS 4

September, 2017
Illyana knew that there was a gym somewhere in the mansion. She had even been their once. But it wasn't what she thought of as a gym and besides, it was airless and there wasn't any way to see the outside. No. She had trained enough in those.

Instead, she had gone outside again, she liked being on the grounds. Feeling the wind and the sunshine. She had used her powers to flatten a bit of grass in a straight line, the size, and shape of a beam. There was a dirt line tracing around it as well. So if she stepped off she'd know. She ran and jumped onto it, flipping along the length until almost at the end.

Her blond hair was tied back in a high ponytail, and she was in work out gear. Except that she was in bare feet. She worked her way through her routine. The routine helped her, centered her, calmed her down. She didn't really have much to keep her occupied as of late. She wasn't used to that. Her days had been highly structured with lots of training. She knew she could sit in on classes, but her ability to read and follow along with the English was lacking. She had already sat for a while to work with an English teacher but it was boring and she didn't really have the focus for it. No, she liked to be moving. So she barely noticed if anyone was around. They shouldn't be, most of the students were in class as far as she knew.

So she was a little surprised to see a blond outside and apparently watching her. She didn't know how long the woman had been there, though she looked like she might have been one of the teachers at the school.

PM
^
olympia augustine
 Posted: Sep 26 2017, 07:57 PM
perspective
twenty eight AGE
153 POSTS
X-Resident
CLASS 2

She’d almost been too late. September had swept up on the school with a speed only those over 25 could relate to, but thankfully autumn had not been fast on its heels. No, summer was taking its sweet time leaving the Northeast which gave Ollie another week to introduce her students to the creepy crawlies crawling their way around the school.

Oh she was so excited! Wait until they saw what she had for them today...er tomorrow when the class actually happened. Narceus americanus or as she’d tell the kids (because Latin tended to terrify the pants off of them or make their eyes glaze over) the American giant millipede. Three of them in fact, all cute and wiggling through the dirt in the clear, plastic little carrier between her hands. Oh they were going to love them! Sure, she wasn’t bringing them a bunch of mountain lions or anything but so many kids these days lived in their phones that even something like a few millipedes could, and would, blow their minds!

Beaming, Ollie began working her way back through the trees and toward one of the many paths trampled through the woods by the students. The perky blonde had opted out of one of her numerous brightly colored dresses today and had instead chosen an outfit less likely to get stained by a bunch of digging in the dirt and crawling around on the ground, namely a pair of worn khakis and a T-shirt (a Captain Britain fan shirt, actually, which she’d bought half just to make Brian laugh). It was a good thing she had chosen both, as the knees of her pants were brown and there was a dirty smear on the left side of her shirt from where she’d wiped her hand (a habit courtesy of her other job) that matched the accidental smear on her cheek. Blonde curls framed her face from where they’d escaped her ponytail and what little makeup she had on extended no further than a bit of mascara and eyeliner.

Ollie whistled cheerfully to herself as she headed back toward the mansion’s large oak doors but just as she turned the corner to the front half of the grounds, she caught sight of a pretty spectacular display of skill that had nothing to do with the amazing mutant powers usually exploding (sometimes literally) across the campus. “Wow!” she gushed as she hurried toward the young girl. “That was so awesome! I trip up just walking--” She laughed. “But that was beautiful. Hi, I’m Ollie. I know I’ve seen you around but I don’t think we’ve met yet. I’d offer my hands but--” With a bright smile, she held up the carrier clutched between her dirt covered hands.

@Illyana rasputin
PM
^
Illyana rasputin
 Posted: Sep 27 2017, 12:48 AM
Magik
Seventeen AGE
43 POSTS
X-Resident
CLASS 4

Illyana naturally took a step back as the blonde woman gushed, coming near her. She didn't panic or anything else. Just calmly moved back. Unsure how to even respond. Noticing the carrier with some long insects in them. Looking at the ground rather than the insects or the blonde's face.

"Thank you." She stated. Not that she had done it to please anyone but herself. Looking for ways to make herself feel at home here. She still wasn't. This never felt...right. Not even in a way she could put her finger on.

Glancing again at the woman, taking in the dirt on her face and pants, it did seem like it was possible she tripped walking. But Illyana knew people often exaggerated and her skill with English wasn't good enough to figure out if that was what this woman was doing.

"I'm Illyana." She managed one of her half smiles. Just enough that the woman likely thought she cared. It wasn't like back home. Even before, there was an emphasis on some amount of being stoic. Most of her 'normal' reactions no longer were present. Not when she didn't know someone. She cocked an eyebrow finally recognizing the creatures. Though they looked fairly different from the ones back home. "I don't know the word for them. We called them mnogonozhki." She frowned, almost upset that she didn't know the English for them. "Why do you have them?" After all, they were pests. She had spent many times of her youth picking those and other creatures off the plants. It was an icky but needed job, easy for a little girl to do. She hadn't forgotten the feeling of the legs on her and gave a small shudder. Why would someone seek such creatures out?

"It is good to meet you...Ollie." She said the name carefully. Rolling it around her tongue a bit. Not sure if it was the woman's name or a nickname. She sighed and clasped her hands behind her back. "Some people call me Yana...if that is easier." Thinking mostly of Serah.

PM
^
olympia augustine
 Posted: Sep 29 2017, 08:35 PM
perspective
twenty eight AGE
153 POSTS
X-Resident
CLASS 2

Oh right. Ollie forgot sometimes that she was back at Xavier’s where it was hardly uncommon to encounter a teenager whose introduction to the mutant world hadn’t been as gentle as hers. Alright, so hers had been a little embarrassing but overall not bad given how supportive pretty much everybody in her life had been. Unlike many who had come to these very grounds because they had nowhere else to go, Ollie had become an X-student voluntarily and, although she had missed her family and friends back home, enjoyed every minute of it. The girl didn’t leap away from her screaming, but the shifter caught the slight shift back and made a point to plant her feet and bring her voice level down a notch.

Well, she was going to try anyway.

The blonde’s bright blue eyes lit up behind her glasses when the girl spoke with an accent. Oh that was another thing she loved about this place! So many people from so many different places. Ollie returned the girl’s small smile with a bright, toothy one of her own but made a concentrated effort to speak slower (she was such a fast talker naturally) and maybe little less BLAM in your face! Whether the girl was just shy, quiet, or genuinely timid, it would probably be best to treat her like the animals Ollie worked with during her other job. Sometimes you had to be slow about approaching them, be calm.

“Nice to meet you, Illyana. That’s a very pretty name,” she replied, her tone too genuine for anyone to doubt her sincerity over the complement. When the younger mutant said the- Russian?- word for millipedes, Ollie glanced back down at her little friends. “Mngo-- nope, I can’t even begin to repeat that,” she laughed. “Here we call them millipedes and I have them because I teach biology here and I’m trying to teach my students about a lot of the creatures out there that they grew up thinking were gross or bad. Millipedes are important decomposers.” The shifter smiled fondly down at them. “And they’re totally harmless.”

When Illyana offered to let Ollie call her “Yana,” the older woman tilted her head slightly to the side and asked gently “What do you want to be called?”

@Illyana rasputin
PM
^
Illyana rasputin
 Posted: Oct 3 2017, 11:21 AM
Magik
Seventeen AGE
43 POSTS
X-Resident
CLASS 4

Illyana's introduction to the mutant world occurred years before her own powers showed up. It had been scary, yes, but she had mostly been scared since she didn't know what was going on. One moment she was sitting happily and playing and the next Piotr was around her and there was loud noises and people shouting. It took a while to really process what had happened.

Her own introduction to her own powers had been terrifying. She didn't know what was happening and it had been so different than Piotr's. The people holding her were waiting for it though. Still, it wasn't something she dwelled on or thought much about.

It was easy for many people to assume that Illyana was shy or timid. She wasn't completely sure that was true or if it was an act. But she was suspicious and that always put her on edge. Even if she tried to hide it because that was what she was taught.

The teacher's comment about her name was odd. She hadn't chosen it after all. But she nodded. An almost small smile on her face when the blonde tried to say the Russian word. "Millipedes." She repeated. "They eat plants." She wasn't sure about totally harmless but then she supposed if you didn't live on a farm, they probably were.

She titled her head about what she wanted to be called. Either of them worked. "Illyana is fine." She finally decided on. She didn't really know this woman. "If you are a teacher, you just go by Ollie?" She asked. Not that she knew how most teachers were addressed. Piotr didn't always seem to care though she had only really sat in on one of his classes and most of those seemed to be older teens. The others she hadn't paid any attention to how they were addressed.

Ollie taught biology, and that made her a bit dangerous. Biologists studied people and she was studied enough. It made her smile brighten, determined to stay on her good side. "Do you enjoy teaching?"

PM
^
olympia augustine
 Posted: Oct 7 2017, 09:54 AM
perspective
twenty eight AGE
153 POSTS
X-Resident
CLASS 2

Was there a bit of bitterness in the young woman’s voice when she mentioned millipedes eating plants? Had they eaten her flowers or the plants in her vegetable garden perhaps and that was why she didn’t like them much? Well, at least that would be more understandable and easier to work with than a general feeling of ickiness toward the little creatures. “They mostly eat live plants as a last resort if things get so dry there’s nothing decomposing for them to eat instead,” she explained. “They much prefer rotting wood and stuff.” Which probably sounded gross to some because ‘rot’ was just a frowned upon word, but somebody had to do it. “Although I guess they do sometimes go after seedlings so that’s sometimes troubling.” She chuckled. “Ok, yeah, they can be pests but they have good points too. And they’re super cute!” At least she thought so.

“Well Illyana it is then,” Ollie agreed as she used her shoulder to wipe at an itchy place on her cheek, unaware that it was the dirt there she was feeling and that her shoulder just smeared it even more. “In class I do go by Miss Ollie, yeah,” the older blonde added. “But I’m still getting used to that.” Honestly, she didn’t feel old enough most of the time to be called ‘Miss’ especially not around teenagers. Young kiddos maybe, but between her nerdy interests (which didn’t exactly scream adult) and how young she looked when in her zoo uniform (people still asked her where she went to school), it just was weird with the teenagers sometimes. But rules and propriety and all that.

“Oh yeah!” the shifter gushed before realizing she was being loud again and dropping her voice once more. She was glad to see the smile on the girl’s face; she must be interested in science. “I hadn’t ever thought of teaching really, but I like it a lot. I mean, I love Biology anyway- although I majored in Zoology- and it’s great to be able to teach kids about it, especially those who grew up in cities and never really saw much of the natural world. I also work at the zoo and I’m trying to set up a field trip there. It will be open to everybody, of course, not just those who are in my class. Do you think you’ll join the class? I promise it’s fun.” But then maybe she was biased.

@Illyana rasputin
PM
^
Illyana rasputin
 Posted: Oct 7 2017, 09:32 PM
Magik
Seventeen AGE
43 POSTS
X-Resident
CLASS 4

There were little things that Illyana felt squeamish around. Most insects and worms and even rodents had just become a piece of her life. The things that made her uncomfortable were much more nebulous. "They ate the plants on the farm." She explained. No judgment about the millipedes in her voice. Just a comment. "I suppose they were in the firewood." But she rarely looked there. Getting the firewood was either Mikhail's or Piotr's job. The blonde did raise an eyebrow at the older woman when she stated that they were cute.

"You have dirt on your face." Her voice was neutral. Just matter of fact. She sat down on the ground, crossing her legs. "Why?" She tilted her head, looking at Ollie. "You are the teacher. They are supposed to call you what you want." She always had to address the coaches, tutors, and trainers by whatever they wanted to be called. It was non-negotiable. Why wasn't it same here? It didn't matter if the older children were training the younger ones. They were all addressed as "Coach" with their last name. Even if they were just a year older.

Illyana pulled back a bit as Ollie got loud and gushing. But she relaxed a moment later. It took a moment before she responded as she figured out what Ollie was saying. "Piotr would like me to join a class." She stated. "But...it has not worked out so far." The language barrier combined with how far behind she was made it all different and she didn't feel comfortable sitting in a class with children much younger than she was. "But the zoo could be fun." She admitted. She hadn't ever been to one.

It wasn't like animals were unknown to her. They had a few goats. For a moment she wondered what happened to them and the chickens but surely someone had taken care of them. "So what do you do?" Everyone here was a mutant right?

PM
^
olympia augustine
 Posted: Oct 15 2017, 06:22 PM
perspective
twenty eight AGE
153 POSTS
X-Resident
CLASS 2

“I do?” Ollie looked down as though expecting to be able to see the smudge on her face which, of course, she could not. Next she tried moving her mouth from side to side to see if one cheek would feel different with a coating of mud somewhere on it. That didn’t work either so she shrugged and smiled. “Well, I’ve had worse on my face.” Zookeeper. Don’t ask. “And I think if I tried to get it off right now I’d just make it worse.” Since her hands were still covered in muck from digging around in the woods. Heck, that was probably how it got there in the first place. Likely she’d been rubbing at some hair on her face or something.

The young girl’s straightforward comment about Ollie’s name in class took her a little by surprise. “I mean, I guess…” The shifter glanced over at the school. Certainly she’d called every teacher she’d ever had by whatever they wanted, but she also remembered some of the ones here preferring just their first names or, like her, their first name with a short title in front of it. “It’s just always been a bit more relaxed here. I mean, I’ve watched movies and gobbled popcorn with my students.” And screamed enough to make everybody jump the one time someone had talked her into watching a scary movie.

Nobody had asked her a second time.

“Oh, you know Piotr?” she asked, brightening. She liked Piotr; he was such a nice giant metal man. And he had the same accent as the teen if she wasn’t mistaken (which she could be. Maybe some of its neighbors had similar accents). “Did you know each other in Russia?” Or perhaps Piotr had simply taken the girl on as a mentee if they were indeed from the same area. It would make sense. “Sorry if I’m wrong; I’m just going by accents here. So why haven’t classes worked out?” Ollie asked, genuinely curious, as she set the container of millipedes down on the ground at her feet. “Just can’t decide what to take?”

@Illyana rasputin

This post has been edited by olympia augustine: Oct 15 2017, 06:22 PM
PM
^
Illyana rasputin
 Posted: Oct 17 2017, 12:15 AM
Magik
Seventeen AGE
43 POSTS
X-Resident
CLASS 4

Illyana titled her head watching the teacher try to get the dirt off her face. She frowned and waved her hand, concentrating closely on the dirt. Slowly it lifted off her face, bright red and green lights dancing around. It went up in the air for a moment and then crashed down to the ground. She took a breath and stepped back. Looking down at the ground. Not sure if she crossed a line.

The idea of sitting with any kind of teacher and watching a movie seemed very odd to the girl. After all, teachers were people to be respected and stern. It seemed like it would be harder to discipline if they hung out with the students. But she gave a shrug. Ollie was right, she didn't know how it worked here. She nodded. "Piotr is my brother." She explained, wondering how well known that was. She supposed it didn't matter in the end. Most would be surprised to find out that they were related. She was thin and blonde, Piotr was stocky and had dark hair. The only thing visibly alike was that both were taller than average and they had the same eyes. She wondered why this so-called teacher didn't know she was related to him. Wondering if Piotr was just not saying anything or if the woman had missed it. Her eyes narrowed and she shook her head. "Russia is a large place." She couldn't figure out if Ollie meant that as an odd joke. To randomly meet up with someone from back home who she had known back home was very unlikely to happen.

Did she really want to tell this woman why classes weren't working out? What did she know about it anyway. "I speak English. I do not read or write it." She explained. Wondering if that would be enough to explain why she wasn't taking classes. Not having any desire to go into the fact that she hadn't been to a real school since she was seven and hadn't been to any kind of school in the past three years.

PM
^
olympia augustine
 Posted: Oct 26 2017, 10:26 PM
perspective
twenty eight AGE
153 POSTS
X-Resident
CLASS 2

Ollie had simply prepared to walk back into the school, to the biology classroom, and finally to her room with dirt on her face and hands. It really wouldn’t be the first time and she doubted anybody who knew her that she might run into would be surprised. Most people found out pretty quickly that Olympia Augustine had two rather different sides to her. At first glance, it was easy to assume that she was a girly girl through and through seeing as she loved to dress in anything cute and colorful whenever she possibly could. If it involved a dress or skirt, all the better. But then, of course, there was the tomboy her brothers had nourished in her that had her digging in dirt, climbing trees, camping, taking care of animals, and in general doing all things outdoors. The mansion’s inhabitants were pretty used to her flip-flopping between the two by now so a bit of mud on her face shouldn’t surprise anybody.

But it seemed today she would be walking in all clean. Well, on her face anyway.

The shifter’s big blue eyes blinked in surprise as the mud was lifted from her face by a glittering bunch of pretty Christmas colored fireworks. “Oh, well, thank you,” she said with a bit of stunned awe. “That was totally unexpected and so not a power I’ve ever seen before but really neat. What do you call that?” Everybody’s powers had a name these days, after all, and that ability was one to note. So pretty and cool!

“Oh!” Ollie exclaimed in delighted surprise. “That’s wonderful…” Her energetic voice tapered off as the young woman shook her head and pointed out her home country’s size. “So...you didn’t know each other in Russia?” the blonde shifter asked, confused. But they were siblings; surely they had known each other growing up? Or was this some sort of movie-esque late in life meeting? That would be so incredible! Sad, oh gosh so sad, but great in its own way. Like fate.

“Oh!” Ollie exclaimed again, this time in sudden understanding. “Well surely someone here could teach you to read. You seem like an intelligent person so I’m sure you’d pick it up quickly and being able to speak it already, I’d think, would make it easier?” The blonde looked up at the sun and back down at her little carrier of millipedes. “Hey, why don’t we head inside so I can put these guys up. You can tell me how you’re doing here. Have you been here long and we just haven’t run into each other yet?”

@Illyana rasputin
PM
^
Illyana rasputin
 Posted: Oct 31 2017, 09:43 AM
Magik
Seventeen AGE
43 POSTS
X-Resident
CLASS 4

Illyana wouldn't have guessed that the dirt covered teacher knew anything about dresses or could be girly but then she didn't really know what 'girly' was either. Mostly she just assumed that Ollie was a bit of an eccentric teacher who dug in the dirt and didn't care where she got it. For all the crazy, Illyana did take care with her appearance. She had learned about that years ago. Always present how you wish to be seen, and They had reinforced that. Making sure that she showed up in the morning smiling. No matter how terrible the night had been.

She tilted her head with the thanks but nodded slightly. Frowning as Ollie asked what she called that power. Honestly? Illyana didn't have any idea. It just showed up one day. It seemed related to her disks but, again, she wasn't really sure. "Magic?" She answered. The best that she had. They might have had a better name for it, but Illyana didn't know it. She didn't know what her powers could really do. She had learned some things though. That was one of them.

She shook her head confused as Ollie asked again about her and Piotr. "No. He was my big brother...but we parted when I was young. I haven't seen him in years." She was pretty sure it had been ten or eleven. The dates and years were all blurry in her head. She knew she had been six when Piotr left, and now he told her she was seventeen. "He had been here. I was in Russia." She explained more. Maybe it was sad too many people, but Illyana had never dwelt on it much. It was what it was.

Ollie wanted to head inside and she bit her lip before nodding slightly. Inside was still not her favorite place, and there was always that worry. That the other shoe would drop, that Piotr was wrong and someone here would try to use her as well. "Cyrillic and English are very different." She stated about being taught to read. "I don't know that it would be that simple." Would she try? She didn't know.

"Um...I've been here for just a few weeks. And I don't know why we haven't? I don't take classes, except sometimes dance and art." And most of the time she was in Piotr's room, in Central Park or just outside.

PM
^
olympia augustine
 Posted: Nov 8 2017, 10:40 PM
perspective
twenty eight AGE
153 POSTS
X-Resident
CLASS 2

The older blonde gave off a hearty laugh. “Magic. Yeah, I like that.” It certainly fit what they were able to do. Science, although something Ollie loved and believed in, was not doing the best job of describing how mutants were able to do the incredible things that they did. Yes, the gene had been identified and there were thousands of theories and papers out there concerning how this mutant was able to grow wings and fly or how this other mutant was able to control the elements but when it came down to it...nobody really knew. Their mutations just took all laws of the world and threw them out the window. Sounded rather like magic to her.

Ollie nodded and mouthed yet another “ooooh,” this one silent. “Well I’m glad you were finally reunited. He’s such a nice guy so I’m sure he’s a lovely older brother,” she replied with a warm smile. “I have two brothers and they’re handfuls. Wait, actually, I guess I have three brothers now since Brinley, my sister, got married a few years ago. But then I guess that would also mean that I have two sisters then since one of my brothers is married.” She giggled to herself, pleased as punch to have more ‘siblings’ as she was a firm and devout believer of ‘the more the merrier.’ Her whole family was, in fact; holidays and reunions were quite the affair for the Augustine crew.

With her blue eyes on her adorable little millipedes (who her students were going to absolutely love), Ollie missed the hesitant way that Illyana looked around them. Had she seen it, she would have immediately told the girl that they could stay outside so long as the magic user didn’t mind her finding a shady place to put the millipedes down. Instead, she cheerfully headed inside and turned them down the wing with the classrooms. “Well I can’t say that English isn’t hard, but we’re all happy to help make it as easy as possible. Surely Piotr could help?” She glanced over at the younger mutant. “He’d know both, right?”

Balancing the millipede carrier in one hand, Ollie used the other to push open the door to the science classroom. Despite being the one carrying something, she held the door open for Illyana in polite Texas fashion before entering herself. It was obvious with one look around that the room was designed to host a variety of different science classes from chemistry to biology to even astronomy. Instead of desks, the room sported 8 long tables with a sink at one end, drawers, and a gas faucet for hooking up bunsen burners. Posters and diagrams of the various topics spread across the room and in the front corner between the large black board and the wall of windows sat a small table covered with tanks. Ollie moved to the one furthest from the windows, opened it and her little container, and began transferring the millipedes into the new home she’d set up earlier that day.

“That is weird, but I’m glad that we finally met,” Ollie said with such honesty that it was impossible to believe she was lying. “We’ll need to get you started on classes here soon, but dance and art are fun! What you did outside was incredible so I bet you’re great at dance. You must be a very creative person to do both of those and art. What kind of art do you like? Painting? Sculpting? Welding?” From the wink she sent the girl, it was clear that Ollie was joking with the third guess.

@Illyana rasputin
PM
^
Illyana rasputin
 Posted: Nov 12 2017, 05:57 AM
Magik
Seventeen AGE
43 POSTS
X-Resident
CLASS 4

Illyana tilted her head as the woman said she liked the term magic. She didn't really know much of the details of mutations, of the x-gene or any of that, but what she could do was amazing that even those who knew about it, who had trained her, didn't have any real way to explain it. So it had always been Magic. Her powers really did throw the laws of physics out the window. The teleporting, the sword, the lights and the little things she could do. It was all just magic to her.

She tilted her head at the older blonde as she mouthed oooh. "He is. He..." She trailed off. Not wanting to finish the thought about how Piotr had come for her. She could barely follow the string of words that came out of Ollie's mouth about her family. Not sure who a Brinley was. "It is just Piotr and I." She stated. Their parents were dead. Mikhail was lost. Where and how, well, they never did find that out and Illyana wasn't about to back to try and find out.

She followed quietly and obediently. Her eyes down as they walked. "I am sure you all are." She responded, her voice going soft. "Piotr has many other things to deal with besides teaching me English." And she wasn't truly sure how good his English script was.

That was the other thing, she was trying hard not to be a burden. Taking time from all of Piotr's other duties, that was something she didn't want. She knew that Piotr would help her, and would drop many things to do so. She just didn't want him too.

She looked over the classroom, having a vague understanding of what it was for. Part of her was worried what this teacher might do to her here. She sat down at one of the tables, carefully folding her hands. Waiting to find out what she really wanted by bringing her here.

"I am glad as well." Though the words were flat. "I did gymnastics before." She explained. "And dance was part of that." There was a little more emotion in her voice this time. She raised an eyebrow with the questions. "Slow down..." She requested. Taking a moment to process what the woman was asking. "I guess drawing." That was mostly what she had done before. "Sometimes painting but Piotr is really good at it..." She shrugged. "I have not really practiced in years." She admitted. Just little sketches when she could but those were taken from her when they found out. "Do you do art?" The teacher seemed like she might.

@[ olympia augustine]
PM
^
olympia augustine
 Posted: Nov 19 2017, 11:19 PM
perspective
twenty eight AGE
153 POSTS
X-Resident
CLASS 2

It was all Ollie could do not to ask Illyana about her parents when the young woman announced that it was just she and Piotr. Given that the two of them had only reunited recently there was no doubt quite the story there. Likely a sad one, definitely a personal one, and although the shifter would have gladly been the shoulder to cry on or just the ear to listen, she could tell that their new student was a bit (maybe more than a bit) reserved. Pushing for such sensitive details now would be moving too quickly, and just because Ollie probably wasn’t doing to the best job of being quiet and calm didn’t mean she didn’t see or realize that. Perhaps with time Illyana would share her story, but not today.

“Then one of us will help you,” Ollie stated kindly but firmly. “It is why we are all here, to help you all learn and make friends and be happy and all that after-school special stuff...which probably doesn’t make sense to somebody who didn’t grow up in the States but believe me we want to help in any way we can. Besides, I’m sure you are just as important as the other things he’s doing.” She’d even ask Piotr about it herself later to see what the large but gentle metal mutant had planned for his sister.

Once she finished moving the millipedes over to their enclosure, Ollie shifted over to the nearest sink and began cleaning up both the critter carrier she’d had them in and herself. Trying not to drip too much on the floor, she grabbed some paper towels from a dispenser on the wall and set to drying her arms as she turned to look back at Illyana. The older blonde did not miss the clear discomfort on the young woman’s face and in her posture and tone. It confused her but she saw it and thought quickly about how she might help to diffuse it. Blue eyes brightening, she scurried over to the large desk at the front, obviously meant for the professors, and reached into the cabinets underneath. There was a bit of shuffling of items before she pulled out a large plastic container of mixed bite sized candies from Snickers to Starbursts. Certain that this would help Illyana feel more comfortable- because what teenager didn’t love candy?- she moved over to the other mutant, placed the container down on the tabletop, and opened the lid.

“Want one? I often play trivia games with my kids so I always keep this stocked. There’s a pretty good variety in there so feel free to dig around to find something you like.” They were all sealed in their wrappers so there was no worry of cross contamination. Both to show she meant it and because she wanted one herself, Ollie plucked out a dark chocolate Milky Way, tore open the wrapper, and popped the chocolate into her mouth.

Oh sweet cheese and crackers that was delicious!

“Sorry,” she apologized, raising a hand to cover her mouth and hide the half eaten chocolate as she spoke. Ollie quickly chewed and swallowed before continuing. “I’ll try to slow down. Do you like to draw anything in particular? Animals, people, places, abstract stuff?” The shifter’s blue eyes flicked toward the candy, particularly more chocolate, but she resisted the urge to grab another. No need to make herself harder to understand because of a mouth full of food. “I don’t do art in the way most people mean it,” she answered as she leaned casually in the opposite side of the table. “I make costumes, usually of characters from books, movies, cartoons, stuff like that.”

@Illyana rasputin
PM
^
Illyana rasputin
 Posted: Dec 2 2017, 06:32 AM
Magik
Seventeen AGE
43 POSTS
X-Resident
CLASS 4

Had Ollie asked Illyana, had she pressed the woman, Illyana didn't even know how she'd react. She was keeping quiet about a lot of things because she didn't know who to really trust, but there was also the desire to be obedient to those above her. Taught for years to do that. Don't question. She had the ability to be free now, but it was taking a lot longer for her mind to catch up to the idea.

Ollie was right in that the phrase 'after-school special' didn't mean anything to Illyana and she gave a kind of confused look. Trying to figure out what those words meant together. As for Piotr, Ollie just didn't understand what she was saying. She knew Piotr would drop anything to help her. But that made her a burden and he did have other things to do around here. She didn't feel she was that important to take him away. "It is something to think about." She resignedly responded. English, both the written and the spoke, were still very confusing for her. She could speak it but she didn't understand a lot of nuances. The words just looked incomprehensible. Some of the letters looked similar but then she'd find out that they weren't even pronounced the same.

She cocked her head as the older blonde went to open up a few cabinets, wondering what she was looking for. A little nervous again. After all, this was clearly a lab and even though it wasn't like those labs where they took her, there wasn't anything good that came from one. So she was a little surprised when the teacher pulled out a plastic container filled with various sizes and shapes of squares and rectangles.

She was polite so she took out one of the squares. It was covered in a dark brown wrapper with blue words on it. Watching the older woman, she slowly opened the wrapper and put it in her mouth.

It was sweet and a little salty and chewy. Her face started off confused with the taste and the texture but then unexpectedly she burst into a wide grin. "That is really good. What do you call it?" Looking at the wrapper again. Trying to make out the words.

Sweets were rarely allowed. When she was on the farm, there wasn't a lot of extra money for things like candy or chocolate. It would be saved for a special occasion. Maybe a birthday or a holiday but even then it wasn't a guarantee. Once she went to the gym, sweets were practically banned except if they were in energy drinks or the liquid shakes they sometimes had before a competition. Fruit was allowed but nothing like candy. The last place kept her food basic and her 'treats' just tended to be better quality food.

She carefully looked at Ollie, almost asking if she could have another of the delicious food. Not wanting to overstep. After all, these were for the woman's students which she wasn't.

English wasn't Illyana's first language, the man in the wheelchair here had somehow managed to grant her fluency with the language it didn't mean that she processed at the same speed as a native speaker. As for the question, Illyana shook her head. "I used to sometimes draw what I could see, but no...nothing particular." She confessed. Piotr was much better at it, though she wasn't terrible.

Her eyes lit up with a smile as the woman said she made costumes. "Like for dances?" She asked almost sounding excited by the idea. Then she mentally checked herself again. Wondering what the outburst of excitement might cost her. "I can sew a bit." She acknowledged. Having to always patch up her own clothes.

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONSPages: (2) 1 2  REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Affiliates