Arkea
 Posted: Mar 29 2018, 08:24 AM
Arkea
"Twenty Seven" AGE
57 POSTS
Unaffiliated
CLASS 3

Resistance is Futile...
"Humankind with be the key to unlocking our perfect world...".
The world was filled with humans, filled with mutants and those who seemed to drift in a realm in between... Earth had proved a fascinating place since her return and the time had come for her to look towards the future. If Arkea was to take this world she would needed to do far more than she was presently doing, expand her knowledge, her understanding and ultimately find a way to expand her power. The more powerful that she as an organism could become, the more human bodies she could occupy and control... each being a one step towards the population of this planet being one Arkea.

There were those in the world who held status, important people who had respect or simply commanded fear. One of the nearest to Arkea was a man named Donald Pierce who also happened to be involved in bio-technology, something that could be considered an interest of the technopathic being. Archives of technological blueprints beyond those available to her so far... maybe they could hold the answer to unlocking the potential of her compliance chip or even expanding her ability to understand the x-gene and enable her better control and understanding of mutant bodies.

Arkea disliked limitations, aspects that might hold her back from being at full power... they were walls that needed to be leveled so she could truly flourish. The more her knowledge expanded the more she could create and fuse together to create technology beyond that of human conception... Arkea always wanted more.

She had reached out to Pierce hoping that the suggestion of offering something unique, something special could attract his attention. Arkea deemed him as the kind of person who might grab at the capability and power she could give him if she had the chance to demonstrate it... he would want to have control and influence over such power and she would allow him to believe he had just that. The time had come for her to enter his office... the future she wanted... it started on the other side of this door.

"Mr. Pierce? I am Leanne Deveraux, I have heard that you were a man who had an eye for talent and so wanted to make myself known to you." She offered a formal, friendly greeting upon appearing in Pierce's office door way... waiting to be invited in she was fairly certain that this meeting would pan out in her favour... call it instinct.

"Thank you for agreeing to see me, I can assure you that after today you will not consider this a waste of your precious time." Arkea wanted to move forward with her plans, however she wanted to do so through more legitimate and connected channels than a blatant attempt at exercising her power. Such approaches with the current mutant population would prove to be pointless, measures needed to be taken to thin the number of obstacles before her before she moved that much close to the Earth that they... Arkea... envisioned.

This Donald Pierce had a name that carried weight, Arkea considered it a logical step to approach someone such as him. The potential resources that she could have access to if she succeeded in befriending or forming some measure of alliance with him were considerable and would simply enable her even greater power.

"I have a vast understanding of technology as well as talents that you might find useful moving forward. I have grown tired of mundane work and long for something more challenging and I believed that if I approached you I could find just that." Arkea wanted to state her interest only being to work for him, to work with him... not to show ambitions of buisness and status. Arkea did not need such things to succeed in her goal, rather she would use man's dependency on such greed and ambition to allow her security... to work behind the scenes.

If she could convince Donald that she could offer something special without overstepping any lines of power... she would be on the right course towards her goal.

@Donald Pierce || 678 words || curious...
♥ fairytale of Caution
PM
^
Donald Pierce
 Posted: Apr 1 2018, 04:10 PM
Black Bishop
36 AGE
42 POSTS
Hellfire
CLASS 2

Within the inner sanctum of his corporate office, Donald Pierce played a very different role than the individual he was when tending to his duties at the Hellfire Club. There he had to play by different rules but was more welcome to be the wolf he was, encouraged even by his King in much of his activities, but the corporate world was different. Appearances had to be maintained, public relations needed to be honored and for the cyborg, a much glossier exterior was necessary, still a wolf but concealed in ways to make him more approachable, more human. Usually, he was reluctant to accept appointments with people he had yet to meet face to face, but this one had stood out to him, common interest and most importantly, a potential person to take the fall if his less than moral hobbies were exposed to the public and his Hellfire Club peers.

Donald was in the earlier stages of not only transforming himself, but his end game involved building an army, an army of beings like himself that not only were exclusively local to him but relied on him to keep their hybrid bodies in good working condition. Transforming his own body was a grueling, time consuming process, large procedures, primarily amputations and implants were hard on his immune system particularly, leaving him exhausted and weak when he would endure such things. The cyborg needed more hands to aid him and so the process of finding a capable pair was under way.

Seated in a plush leather chair, behind his desk, Donald posturing was rigid and somewhat commanding, his expression neutral, if not slightly amused when he suggested the young woman join. “Come in, Ms. Deveraux, we mustn’t lurk in door ways… it’s rude.” He extended his dark toned, metal hand towards a seat on the other side of the desk, inviting her a place to seat as they discussed some mutual interests and possibilities.

“Please, have a seat.” A curt nod followed.

Being in a position of wealth and power, people tended to come to Donald looking for something, usually it was money for charity, which aggravated him to no ends, but he also dealt with military contracts through the American government, experimental cybernetics, manufacturing and of course, his family’s golden goose, the mining industry. Day in and day out, it was always an array of people who came to him but what they had in common is that they always wanted something from him. He was powerful, so it was expected, but Donald’s real talent laid in getting something more, the cyborg did have a knack for talent and perceived usefulness in people and exploited that fully, the best of his abilities.

He wondered, privately where Ms. Leanne Deveraux would fit in, but he had to commend her, she was articulate and adequately prepared as it did not take long for her to capture his full attention, a difficult task to say the least.

Donald listened intently, but resisted any sort of telltale reaction, yes, he was interested and yes, he had his assistant do some research on the young woman’s credentials, they had been quite impressive, but the real question still lingered on the forefront of the cyborg’s thoughts, what exactly did she want from him? Simply opportunity, a chance to learn and flourish, sure he was talented enough to do all these things, but her true intentions would need to be presented or at least, acknowledged before he accepted her with open arms.

But still, her words did speak to him and finally, he broke his silence, forming his fingers into a steeple on the desktop and his eyes scanned over the eager specimen before him. “I have a vision, Ms. Deveraux, a vision where every man, woman and child can be more than they were born to be, they can be altered and advanced to exceed what we believe a human being is capable of. As you can you can see, I am already on that journey, but one man can’t change the world. I need followers, I need warriors, but most importantly, I need someone I can truly trust.”

@Arkea
PM EMAIL
^
Arkea
 Posted: Apr 16 2018, 10:01 PM
Arkea
"Twenty Seven" AGE
57 POSTS
Unaffiliated
CLASS 3

Resistance is Futile...
Arkea accepted the invitation of a seat acknowledging it with a nod of her head, she was uncertain how this meeting might go but was hopeful that she could be successful. In her eyes it was simply a matter of convincing him that she was on his side, that the two of them shared the same ideas... perhaps they would share some but it was clear to Arkea that their end goals were very different.

"I am pleased to hear it Mr. Pierce... such a world is something that I would wish to see. I am enhanced myself however... it might not be obvious at first, I can offer a great deal to your cause and would be happy to prove to you that placing your trust in me will only bring great things." It was music to her ears hearing Donald speak such words, not because she shared his ambition but rather this was the perfect scenario from which she could take advantage.

Such an obsession with technology, modifying mankind... it played straight into her hands. Technology was a certain thing that Arkea could control, the prospect of it being fused with humans made taking the reins of control even easier for her... Pierce's ambition would lay the groundwork for her perfect world, a world of Arkea.

"I have a gift... not only my talent for technological engineering but a natural talent... I understand the machines... I can become part of them and I understand how mankind can benefit from living in fusion with those said machines." This was a forum where Arkea felt she could speak far more openly, there would surely be questions in time as to what she was was... a human body but clearly possessing abilities and enhancements beyond that of one.

"What must I do to prove that you can trust me? Ask anything of me..." Arkea was willing to make her point any way that she could, this was only the beginning if Pierce wanted it to be so... he perhaps had no idea just what the bacterial being was capable of and hopefully would not be able to fathom her ambitions for this world.

Mankind's hearts were so easily corruptible, it was something that Arkea could count on, easily manipulated when a morsel of power was shown to them. She considered if Donald would be the same as the others... such ambitions enabled her to move undetected, riding the waves of the world around her and taking advantage when the time came.

An open offer of assistance was something Arkea believed would make for a good start, proof that if he asked for something she could deliver. Arkea had access to a vast number of tech blueprints as well as the ability to convert living tissue into the very machines she could manipulate and control. Donald's own enhancements were fairly impressive in her eyes but she believed she could give him more... perhaps even further enhance him if he so desired it.

Arkea believed that this alliance could be a fruitful one...

@Donald Pierce || 510 words || curious...
♥ fairytale of Caution
PM
^
Donald Pierce
 Posted: May 2 2018, 05:43 PM
Black Bishop
36 AGE
42 POSTS
Hellfire
CLASS 2

________________________________________________________________________________

Donald Pierce already sat on top of one of the most predominant mining companies on the planet, an empire that drew profits for nearly every corner of the globe. Wealthy, successful and powerful, the company was a conglomerate of many others, more specific outfits that all revolved around either extracting ores and minerals across the Atlantic, drilling for oil and gas and even, ownership of numerous remaining coal mines in the Appalachians (the birthplace of the Pierce Consolidated Mining empire). Recently, he had put more and more large sums of his inheritance into building his own technological empire proudly for the public eye, while privately, behind closed doors, he was altering his human form to much more capable body.

But it still wasn’t enough.

The insecure man still believed himself to be threatened, threatened by the growing mutant populace and by the power of his fellow members of the Hellfire Club. The cyborg wanted soldiers, individuals specifically loyal to him and only him, for when the time came for him to push back. Now, not to be said that he was ready to wage war, in fact it was quite the opposite, but, Donald wished to be prepared.

Always.

And so, that was where this rather atypical job interview had stemmed from, his relentless search for someone reputable, ambitious and most importantly, trustworthy. Granted, he would keep his secrets, the finer details of his cybernetic body for one and his dealings within the Hellfire Club for as well.
These were trying times for the cyborg and perhaps his brash personality would inevitably get the best of him, but fortune seemed to favor the bold and that was something Donald was wiling to bet on. Deveraux seemed a little soft at first glance, but he was certain there were many who had said the same about him and for that, he could at least give her a chance. It wasn’t like he couldn’t make her disappear relatively easily if this potential business relationship went sour…or at least, that was what Donald believed.

"I am pleased to hear it Mr. Pierce... such a world is something that I would wish to see. I am enhanced myself however... it might not be obvious at first, I can offer a great deal to your cause and would be happy to prove to you that placing your trust in me will only bring great things."

Listening intently, the perfect picture of manners, direct eye contact, immaculate posture and an amazing sense of timing and grace…at least for now, while such behaviors were still fruitful. And, in addition, this woman seemed the same, well spoken and definitely well versed in saying all the right things and for that, Donald would slightly commend her, but more so, found himself very interested in a particular detail. “Enhanced? Is that so?”

Leaning in for a few moments of closer inspection, scanning his eyes over in a vain attempt to detect any abnormalities. Donald himself was adept at hiding the ongoing surgical scarring that his body was almost always littered with, hidden underneath expensive fabrics and customs cuts. Pulling his body away and then he added, “How fascinating, may I ask by whom?” It was a fair enough question, as the idea of someone else cutting into what would yet be another monopoly with the Pierce name stamped on it was a stone too valuable to be left unturned. If the opportunity arose, of course Donald would be interested into taking a deeper look into someone else’s handy work, if only to criticize, he doubted he would learn, and then, of course, destroy.

Cybernetic enhancements and alterations was a market he was determined to monopolize and of course, manipulate that market to his own, selfish ends.
"I have a gift... not only my talent for technological engineering but a natural talent... I understand the machines... I can become part of them and I understand how mankind can benefit from living in fusion with those said machines."

A certain sense of caution fell over the cyborg, if what Ms. Deveraux was true, she was an asset that Donald could not allow to slip through his fingers. An asset and a potential threat, something that Donald dually noted silently to himself. Maintaining a shining, polished exterior that was pleasant, maybe even seen as friendly. Even if he was slightly concerned about physical contact, but with that fear also came a morbid curiosity, one that would certainly prove dangerous.

“Hmph. I also share that talent, while mine was forged through research and sacrifice, I have a feeling, call it a gut instinct, that you and I may defer in that regard.” He remarked blandly at first, tapping a few metal fingers on his desk in moment or two of contemplation. His smile was plastic and pristine, in that it was false, all for show as his mind began to turn. “Pardon me, I seem to be confused, are you a mutant?” It was a fair enough question, and the answer did matter, as it would depict the levels of trust that he would be able to share with the woman.

"What must I do to prove that you can trust me? Ask anything of me..."

A very curious woman, indeed.

A test of merit and loyalty was a normal operating procedure for anyone that Donald Pierce brought into his inner circle. The nature of her skillset was worrisome, but it would never be beneath Donald Pierce to use a lesser creature to get what he desired, in fact his family name had built a reputation on such things. He was intrigued, so much so it may have blinded his better judgement, but time would determine that. Holding up a set of metallic fingers, he began to list off some necessary conditions, the first on his index finger. “There are three things, the first being a small project that you can aid me with, to prove your worth. That is, if what you said about your abilities is true…”

“The second, well the second is simple and I would suggest nothing but absolute honesty…” He paused, offering nothing but a penetrating stare for a good handful of seconds. “I am not so foolish to believe otherwise, so tell me, what is you want from me?”

Reaching onto a stack of papers, stapled and prepared, and pushed it delicately towards Devereux who was sitting across from him at the desk. It was a hefty pile too, a combination of the standard workplace paperwork and legal affairs, and a thorough list of the potential repercussions if the contract was broken. For a normal human, surely this would be a somewhat daunting experience, Pierce used such things to weed out the insignificant and to cover his own end. “And the third, is a delicate topic, a type of a nondisclosure agreement you will have to read and sign, it would be a pity for you to over look some of the consequences of making poor choices. Ms. Devereux.”

Never the type to shy away from being a braggart, he added, “But I assure, you are signing up with the winning team.”

@Arkea
PM EMAIL
^
Arkea
 Posted: May 27 2018, 07:05 AM
Arkea
"Twenty Seven" AGE
57 POSTS
Unaffiliated
CLASS 3

Resistance is Futile...
One of the benefit's of Leanne's body was that it meant people perhaps underestimated or would quite simply not suspect that she was anything other than a small, powerless human female when in reality she was capable of so much more. Her previous body had been alluring but ultimately a test if anything else, a test to see what she could do with the human form.

It had proved unsuccessful, the scientist's body had proved too weak, not receptive of Arkea's enchancements but she had thankfully come into the possession of a body that was compatible, a body it's previous own had no use for any longer and had already had tried and test enhancements installed. Arkea had been the final piece of the puzzle, the element needed to bring the body back to life and now she was reaping the benefits of the body's capability and unsuspecting appearance.

What did Pierce think of her? Did he see this petite woman as someone formidable or just another human being who had wandered into his office? One thing that was for certain... they shared a vision to a point when it came to enhancements and humankind... the question was... would he go that step further with her?

"I would be happy to share... that person is myself, through my understanding of technology I have been able to enhance this body as I see fit." Arkea had been responsible for her personal enhancements though the body she now occupied was provided by an ally and mentor... Pierce did not need to know about her nature as a bacteria... it was best that he believed her to be the human known as Leanne Deveraux.

"I am not one of them... no..." She made that clear enough, she was a mystery in the eyes of many... he could speculate what she might be, a mutate, an enhanced human or maybe even something from another world entirely... she was a mix of many things when in her complete form but ultimately she was an organism as old as time itself on this planet and it had chose Donald Pierce as an ally.

"I would be happy to complete a task for you, share the details with me and I shall demonstrate how effective I will be for you." This was of course why Arkea had made herself known to him, approach him as an ally who she would assist and aid before hatching her plan once she had gained that which she needed.

"Honesty? Well I want nothing more than the culling of the mutant race, I believe that given your position and assets that you would be the most appropriate person to ask for assistance in such a goal. I despise them, humanity... enhanced humanity... should be at the forefront of society and I have already began work on methods to exterminate them... or potentially make them compliant... control them if you will." Arkea was very much to the point, stating truth in the fact that she did want all mutants destroyed or at the very least keeping some to be re-purposed into her own personal mechanized soldiers. She was curious as to Pierce's reaction to such a controversial response... she wanted to see if he was the man she'd been looking for when it came to assistance.

This transparency would be a first step towards Arkea revealing who she truly was, there would come a time when the veil could be lifted when her enemies had all been destroyed or subdued but for now she would maintain her alias, the identity of this body and simply prove herself a willing accomplice in his schemes.

"If such a document will give you comfort I shall sign it, however I can assure you that I have no interest in working against you and have no real interest in money and moving in on your business. Such material objects have little meaning for me unless it is for funding that of course will benefit you." Humans were fascinating creatures believing that a piece of paper could carry weight when Arkea was capable of unbelievable feats. She would however comply, at the end of the day it mattered very little what she signed and what she did not... in the end everything would be hers.

"But please...do tell me about the task you wish for me to complete... I am eager to prove my ability to you." Arkea was most curious as to what she was needed for, if her offer of a demonstration was taken he would see only a fraction of her true power... if she could prove herself and make ground on her goals at the same time it would be even better.

@Donald Pierce || 789 words || curious...
♥ fairytale of Caution
PM
^
Donald Pierce
 Posted: May 30 2018, 03:41 PM
Black Bishop
36 AGE
42 POSTS
Hellfire
CLASS 2

“Fascinating, all on your own? I am too my own maker.” It was fascinating for Donald to come across another with such similarities, but it made him weary as well and caused him to recoil a little, was she implying that there was another capitalizing off a market that Donald wanted to monopolize? Pierce was in the business of cybernetic enhancements, mostly advanced prosthesis in the public eye, but he was up to so much more. Building a special, shadow army that he would keep hidden until the time was right. But more importantly, where was this slight, young woman acquiring her resources, he needed to know and that alone drove him to need to forge a relationship with her, even if his ultimate intentions would be to use and abuse this one to his own twisted whim. He would love to study her, to she how they differed, to see what was similar but he would keep that intention private, for now.

"I am not one of them... no..."

Tapping his fingers on the desk top a couple times in a moment of quiet contemplation, observing the almost emotionless woman seated across from him. Something wasn’t natural about her and as much as he found that alarming, Donald Pierce found it especially alluring. And while he would seek the opportunity to study her in the future, he wouldn’t push his own twisted curiosity too much. But that didn’t mean he couldn’t move in for a closer look, in one fluid motion, the cyborg rose from his seat behind his desk and glided around it slowly, almost stalking in nature, his hands neatly linked behind his back.

“You can’t really be certain of anyone nowadays, they have wormed they way into nearly every corner of society, like a plague.” Allowing his true colors to fly was admittedly personally rewarding, to be able to share some concerns over the mutant problem in private and with a like minded individual was a real treat. So often, given some of his personal ties, he was forced to keep some of his more radical opinions to himself, but not today, not right now. Admittedly, Donald needed his connections at the club and thrived especially off the additional status it provided him, but one day, he would need to purge its members to make it pure again. But the Club was still important to him and in that, he would elaborate any details of the club itself or it’s members to his strange company.

She would have to prove her loyalty before he divulged anymore information in regard to his goals, plans and other allegiances.

"Honesty? Well I want nothing more than the culling of the mutant race, I believe that given your position and assets that you would be the most appropriate person to ask for assistance in such a goal. I despise them, humanity... enhanced humanity... should be at the forefront of society and I have already began work on methods to exterminate them... or potentially make them compliant... control them if you will."

“My dear, Ms Deveraux, your honesty is greatly appreciated, and I couldn’t agree more.” He had moved behind her now, standing over her shoulder and glancing over the paperwork she was looking over. His motions were fluid and somewhat regal, but his intentions were somewhere between predatory and lude, she was a brilliant, little prize ready for the plucking.

“Consider it a business formality then… I am not particularly fond of leaving any loose ends. Purely professional, I assure you.” Both of his hands, one cold and dark, the other fleshy and warm were pulled forward from their resting place behind his back and hovered over the set of feminine shoulders in front of him, but, he ceased, and then moved away before making any direct contact.

“I am a man whose vision is as infinite as his resources, but I am not opposed to sharing the spoils of war. But, firstly, I must protect my interests and I will do so at any cost to me or any other, yourself included, if I may add.” Striding away once again, but only a few paces, his hands resting behind him once again. He explained his concerns very clearly from over his shoulder, viewing one of the large paintings hung on the wall in front of him as he spoke.

“I can be your greatest ally or your swiftest downfall, that part is up to you.” He added, before finally getting on with it.

“There is a government organization in this city that actually employs mutants to police other mutants, the thought of it alone makes me want to puke.” Sickening really, no man had jurisdiction over the cyborg and any mutant who tried to apply their laws to him was not only laughable, but an insult to the half man, ten times over. “Damocles. They have files on me, I need them destroyed and given your claimed technological prowess, it shouldn’t be too difficult for you, correct?”

“Do this for me and then we may take the next stop on a long, prosperous journey together.”

@Arkea
PM EMAIL
^
Arkea
 Posted: Jun 13 2018, 08:37 PM
Arkea
"Twenty Seven" AGE
57 POSTS
Unaffiliated
CLASS 3

Resistance is Futile...
A wary individual... that showed intelligence... something that could potentially make Donald Pierce a threat later on if he was allowed to act unchecked. Still Arkea had not met an individual such as he during her time on Earth... one who shared similar views to her though obviously he would not be so willing to work with Arkea if he knew the whole truth of what she... they were planning.

She would go along with what he wanted knowing she was not really bound by anything, everything about her life was a lie... Leanne's identity only served as a means for her to move about undetected if consequences dictated that she needed to change bodies then she would do it... become someone else in order to carry on her conquest. It would not be ideal given the fact that Leanne's body had proved very compatible with the enhancements installed within it though if a more powerful body came along she would consider a change.

The whole time he was moving about she remained seated, the blankness of her emotions would perhaps suggest that she wasn't an ordinary woman but so far Pierce had been cooperative... interested in her even which was her initial intention when setting this meeting up. Arkea was an enigma who gave very little away, using the guise of a human to interact whilst wielding emotions and feelings she had come to get used to during her time back.

"I only seek an ally... your downfall would be the last thing that I would want, the only real way forward is with you." Arkea did not believe this alliance was completely necessary but it would be useful in speeding up the process towards fulfilling her own ambitions.

Arkea had been curious about this task and was not at all surprised when Pierce expected her to carry out a challenging one. If she was to prove her worth she would need to undertake more than a simple trivial task... especially when this one would potentially benefit her goals in the future.

"A curious request to say the least... I'm certain that I can find a means to access such records and files. I must share your opinion of concern over mutants policing... it is something that in time we can hopefully take care of more permanently. Mutants only deserve death... or proving a use on one knee serving our kind." This Damocles was something of a problem, she had heard of them already and the idea of the one species that could resist her possession being in a position of power was something that had to be corrected.

This request would give her the chance to interact with this police force, maybe even weaken them when she gained internal access either through a human or a mutant with one of her implants successfully placed on their brain. She needed to find a way inside with human hosts being the most logical of options if they operated within Damocles but the idea of testing one of her

"I see a future where mutant kind is extinct with the only remnants of the gene in the form of compliant weapons that we can control. This Earth belongs to mankind, not the supposed homo-superior... they won't be so superior when they are exterminated." A smile snaked across her face as she spoke, she meant every word of what she believed and clearly took pleasure in eliminating the threat that mutants posed to the vision of a world of one Arkea.

"I can also enhance you further... perhaps with technology you have not even fathomed... if you so wish it... all it will take is one touch from me." Arkea had acknowledged earlier that he was incredibly close to making contact with her, something that would potentially change everything about this relationship if Arkea so wished it. However she rather liked this Pierce, he would prove useful in control of his own faculties and now was not the time to spread... she had to be patient for the right moment when there would be no stopping her.

@Donald Pierce || 685 words || curious...
♥ fairytale of Caution
PM
^
Donald Pierce
 Posted: Jun 25 2018, 12:41 PM
Black Bishop
36 AGE
42 POSTS
Hellfire
CLASS 2

It was amusing really, these two powerful, unique beings entangled in a dance of demands, understanding and of course, expectations. Surely, such an arrangement would only end in suffering and pain, but at least for Donald, he believed he would not be on the receiving end of either of the fore mentioned. No, he was prideful and at times, blinded by such a thing, and while he was cautious, he was very much blind to the danger he was playing with. Either way, it was a deemed necessary and so he continued to forge something of a partnership with this strange, but still intriguing woman.

Cautious and careful, the cyborg was, but he was also arrogant and vengeful. Those traits would more than likely, eventually, be his own downfall, but for now, they were great motivators, a perverse source of fuel that pushed him onward. Keeping him determined on his goals, his vision set forward and almost to quick to pick up the pieces he would need along the way to be successful. Leanne was one of those pieces and would more than likely never be anything more than that to the treacherous, self important cyborg.

"I only seek an ally... your downfall would be the last thing that I would want, the only real way forward is with you."

Somewhat parading around his office as if he was on display and he nodded with an ungenuine expression of agreement, but still went on to admit something he considered to be a sad truth. “The world seems to be going to hell in a hand basket and we all need someone we can trust, even a man such as myself.” Turning swiftly on his heel, he moved back towards his desk and the young lady of the hour, something he wouldn’t admit was that it was his own sloppy, foolish behavior of the past that had exposed him to the group of wannabe law makers and movers. It was something that he held a lot of regret over still but that didn’t mean he wasn’t able and more importantly, especially committed to fixing the few mistakes he had made in the past. Planning genocide was messy business and he couldn’t afford to have himself on any sort of watch list and of course, he wished to not provide any information to his enemies that would potentially lead to his downfall.

“I believe that you are more than capable, correct? Retrieve them or destroy them, the finer details do not matter to me.” Dropping into his seat behind his desk once again, a bright, perfect smile upon his face. In truth, the cyborg believed his legacy, his livelihood was threatened by such super powered individuals with they filthy array of strange and bizarre powers. It was quite alarming really and since he believed himself one of the few individuals capable of forcing a much needed change, he could not stifle his actions anymore. Something had to be done and so the proper steps had to be taken before the mutant situation digressed any further.

"I see a future where mutant kind is extinct with the only remnants of the gene in the form of compliant weapons that we can control. This Earth belongs to mankind, not the supposed homo-superior... they won't be so superior when they are exterminated."

Donald’s eyes flashed with bridled concern at this part, unsure of how he truly felt about such ambition, that was a vivid picture she painted but maybe wasn’t the one he was exactly after. So, of course, he saw it as an almost immediate threat. He, for one, had a much different view of things and despite his own transformation into something definitely inhuman, he still believed himself to be part of the human camp, just a more important member of that one. He didn’t want to destroy the world, he wanted to control it, every aspect that he could get his hands on if possible and of course, would make the world better, help it flourish under his own vision…Control, control was still the most important. Such ambition in a woman was inspiring, but that was not was he was looking for exactly and while he was interested in bringing this woman onto his payroll, he would watch her, especially carefully.

“How-- ambitious of you.” A remark that was definitely delivered with an iota of snark, but for the most part Leanne could take what she wanted from it, he wouldn’t offer her much more insight on his own opinions and vision, at least for the time being, some trust had to be earned before Donald would be willing to do much more than he already had.

"I can also enhance you further... perhaps with technology you have not even fathomed... if you so wish it... all it will take is one touch from me.".

“Hmm. I’m interested, but I am certain you understand the need for caution? You’ll need to prove yourself before I can allow you to poke around as my body is something of a walking patent. One I guard with the upmost restraint.” An amused look on his face followed, brighter the cautious behavior from only moments ago, tilting his head to the side slightly in an inquisitive manner and then said.

“Let’s do our best to keep business on the fore front of our minds, shall we? We will have plenty of time to get to know one another once you have completed your little task. Lets call it your initiation into my fold and in that, I guarantee will only grow into more, for me, of course, but for you as well.” He pulled out a business card and quickly jotted some information, an address and another contact number, the private one he used for some of his more immoral outings and schemes, on the back of it. A wicked little grin growing on his features and he slid the card across the width of the desk, for her to take and then offered a little more information before this meeting ended.

“Is there anything else you require from me to get started?”

@Arkea
PM EMAIL
^
Arkea
 Posted: Jul 11 2018, 10:18 AM
Arkea
"Twenty Seven" AGE
57 POSTS
Unaffiliated
CLASS 3

Resistance is Futile...
"Part of my interest in you was because I believed you were ambitious also... we both seek humanity standing above all else... we share similar ideals. I despise mutants... you wanted honesty and transparency and I am happy to give that when it comes to my beliefs." There was a little concern on her part in response to his reaction, perhaps she had been a little two blunt and to the point but at the same time she had been under the impression her was someone who felt the same way.

Humankind proving their superiority over mutants, their destruction would pave the way for her to take control. Humans alone would not be able to stop her once the process started, worming her way into every connection, every airwave and spreading like a virus across the planet with her consciousness touching every human until there were none left isolated. In a world would an obsession for being connected the process would be very quick and with no mutants there'd be nothing to fight back against the tide.

"You might think differently if you knew what I could do to your body... perfection sometimes needs a helping hand." Arkea herself viewed herself as a perfect being though she inhabited only a fledgling body which in time would become more or she would quite simply find a new one more compatible, more superior and exist in that. By this time it would be too late for her to be stopped, the world free of the mutant pest would be hers for the taking, every human connecting and becoming one Arkea, including Pierce... the future she could look forward to once the work had all been completed.

"Of course... business benefits both of us, there will be time for more later when the task is done." Perhaps Arkea was starting to sound a little eager to act, she was in a position that she very much wanted to take advantage of but knew that this initiation would be necessary before Donald truly began to trust in her.

"My lifeblood in many way is knowledge, any data digital or otherwise would be invaluable to my progress. It shall benefit us both if I know everything about you, about your operations and of course any technological schematics you might have. My talent allows me to create such items from scratch, assemble them in a matter of moments and control them freely... that power will be at your side." Arkea smiled knowing that he must have been curious about what she truly was, in time perhaps she would share more with him, she asked a great deal but the look in her eyes that never left his would communicate she meant everything that she said.

It occurred to her once she had physical access to his body that she could do as she pleased but there was something about this man that intrigued her, making him a pawn would be beneficial to her but at the same time keeping him as he was also served a purpose too. Perhaps a mutual connection of influence between the two of them... so Arkea got what she wanted, when she wanted it and he also maintained himself.

Connecting with Arkea could give him more than he could possibly imagine, his mind would not be able to cope with the volume of data that currently went through her enhanced brain but she could share parts of it as and when her new partner needed it.

"If my power concerns you... I am happy to give a demonstration, on something or someone else if you prefer." Arkea laid out an offer, it was up to Pierce if he wanted to be curious or if her wanted this meeting to be adjourned.

@Donald Pierce || 630 words || curious...
♥ fairytale of Caution
PM
^
Donald Pierce
 Posted: Jul 13 2018, 05:26 PM
Black Bishop
36 AGE
42 POSTS
Hellfire
CLASS 2

Donald Pierce thrived off getting his own way, bringing his schemes and plots towards the point of fruition was exciting for him. It brought him genuine joy, even if these plots and schemes usually tended to revolve around the suffering of others. It was deemed necessary, not only for his own survival and betterment, but for the betterment of mankind and the vision he had for the future of it. No, it wouldn’t easy and hence why he was quick to engage others, bringing them into his fold, more than willing to use and abuse anyone to achieve his goals.

"Part of my interest in you was because I believed you were ambitious also... we both seek humanity standing above all else... we share similar ideals. I despise mutants... you wanted honesty and transparency and I am happy to give that when it comes to my beliefs."

“We seem to have more in common with the more we get to know one another. I’ll admit, it is quite a refreshing change of pace for me and I truly hope that you can say the same.”

This woman was no different, even though she had proved herself to be above and beyond the average flunky that he usually would bring under his employ. She was special, exceptionally bright and passionate, traits that the cyborg believed himself to hold and because of that, he valued them especially in others. In fact, the current holder of the position was just that, an idiot, uninspired flunky who unknowingly was just about at the end of his time.

"You might think differently if you knew what I could do to your body... perfection sometimes needs a helping hand."

His eyes flickered with excitement while his expression remained muted, neutral, particularly at the part with his body and the following notion of achieving perfection. It was a concept that was already actively pursuing and had been for years, but there was only so much one mind could do, even if Donald would never admit it, or any short coming for that matter. Personal pride was one thing but protecting some of his more intricate designs also lingered in the back of his mind, maybe even a little closer to the front as it was discussed. He would consider he offer, that much was certain, he nodded his head slightly, his eyes focused on her very intently, as if he was trying to detect some fallacy in her kind, almost too kind offers for help and aid.

“Hmph. Time will tell, my dear, time will tell.”

Donald was paranoid and very judgmental, but it was crucial to his survival and longevity, he didn’t get this far in life by trusting everyone at face value. That was a fool’s way of operating, something that he attempted to target when choosing allies, but admittedly, there was something foreign about this woman and he would be watching her very closely until she proved she could in fact be trusted.

"Of course... business benefits both of us, there will be time for more later when the task is done."

“Absolutely.” He remarked, leaning back in his seat a little and feel quite satisfied with himself and this arrangement. Breaking eye contact once more as his mind moved to some tasks that would be adamant for the future and then, immersed himself back into the words of the lovely, Ms. Devereux. If he had been on the hunt for the more than just an employee, she may very well be a top running, smart, well spoken and clearly driven. It reminded him of himself, in the most arrogant, conceded way possible, as if any notable quality of hers was a shining, reflection of his own.

Devoid of most feelings in reaction to love and attraction, most of the time Donald saw what he could use in people, what strengths of theirs could he use for his own goals, and this was no different. Sure, he would allow her great opportunity just by allowing her into his circle (or at least he believed so) and in that, she already owed him everything she had to offer, she just wasn’t quite aware of that, right now. But one day, she would be. Pompous, and bloated with a sense of superiority and that would probably never change for the cyborg, it drove him to exceed even the personal limitations he put on himself, it was all or nothing in his eyes.

And he wanted it all.

"My lifeblood in many way is knowledge, any data digital or otherwise would be invaluable to my progress. It shall benefit us both if I know everything about you, about your operations and of course any technological schematics you might have. My talent allows me to create such items from scratch, assemble them in a matter of moments and control them freely... that power will be at your side."

“I can see that, in fact, I see a lot of promise in you and that is something I do not just go around spouting simply because that’s what people need to hear.” That statement was mostly true, he did something in her, something that he use and manipulate for his own progress, but he was also a dastardly charmer, nothing all to well how to get what he wanted from people. One day, he could be that sly, silver tongued gentleman, the very next he could trying to crush the very life of you. One could never really be certain because that danger always lingered in the somewhat, unhinged man, but that was not the driving force behind this meeting, mindless violence. No, he had his sights set on much more and truly hope this woman would be able to aid him in anything he deemed necessary for success.

“But lets do one thing at a time, shall we?”

"If my power concerns you... I am happy to give a demonstration, on something or someone else if you prefer."

“Hmm. I may have a fitting opportunity for a later date, of course. I know you have a killer instinct in there and I would very much like to see it.”

@Arkea
PM EMAIL
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Affiliates
Candyland Couture Shadowplay
UNCANNY EVOLUTION Heroes Reborn WHAT WE CHOOSE
GLITTER & GOLD Infinite Dreams