Posted: Apr 16 2018, 01:53 AM
Rogue
Twenty Four AGE
108 POSTS
Damocles
CLASS 3

"I'm looking for Magneto."

"Tell him Anna is looking for him, he'll know who you're talking about."

Over the last couple of weeks, there was one thing bothering Marie. She'd investigated the attacks on the cure facilities, watched countless hours of the same videos over and over again as she tried to pick out familiar faces. The thing was that there was one thing that bothered her more than anything else, this just felt so... amateur and she didn't know how to reconcile this with the man that she'd once accidentally been so familiar with.

When she'd first watched the surveillance videos with Brian, the one thing she'd come to think about was the fact that Magneto himself had said they should have been mutant and proud, but Rogue thought that she should have a choice. She should have the freedom to do whatever she wanted with her body, she'd seen mutant kids before who needed special suits just to live or people like Kurt who couldn't really walk the street without people just outright staring at him. Shouldn't it have been their choice? Yet here was Erik taking that away from people by destroying the cure centers. Actually the more she thought about it, the more she realized what the issue really was-

"Tell him he can find me on Ellis Island, he'll know where."

The real issue that Marie had was that when she'd been a teenager, Magneto himself had crafted a grand plan. He'd meant to use her to turn all of the humans in the world into mutants, while she should have been more upset about the fact that he was willing to sacrifice her for the cause, it had been a very calculated move. Like she'd told Brian, Erik had put one little girl in the machine, willingly gave up the life of one small girl without risking himself so that he could be free to lead the world that he was creating. He'd always been in the forefront, always been a face for the mutant cause, but now she worried that this was something different. It didn't seem like the same man who'd stolen her away for his machine once, this man didn't seem like the very same person. Instead, this seemed like a man more willing to play stupid little cat and mouse games.

Marie should have been more worried when she went to go looking around, should have been more careful because she was a known Damoclese agent looking for the leader of the brotherhood. Yet she'd been careful, she was no longer the scared little girl that had been taken to Ellis Island once upon a time, she had experience and half a dozen more people rattling around in her head. So she was careful enough to go places where she'd find lower level members of the Brotherhood, no one that she was going to worry too hard about, and she was not trying to singlehandedly raid any safe houses even if she could find them. Instead, she followed information that was outdated by several years, looking for places that had once been in use. The very same places that she had to delve deep into her mind to find, Erik's voice, Erik's memories were not things easily accessed. Their contact had been brief but intense, branding him to her the way that others were, ways that her mutation ensured would be there to stay.

For a couple of weeks, she'd been searching, going out at night when she should have been sleeping. This evening, however, it was still early, and Rogue was standing on the platform that she'd once been strapped to. She thought that with all the metal around she might have given the master of magnetism the upper hand, but she was willing to believe that he'd come to talk to her without threats of violence, anyways if he tried anything she'd just zip off as fast as she could. He might have been powerful, but with her stolen powers, she was fairly sure she could outrun his abilities.

She had faith he'd come just to talk though., and the sound of footsteps meant she was not alone, "I've been looking for you Sugah'."

@Kane

PM
^
Raven Darkholme
 Posted: Apr 24 2018, 06:26 AM
Mystique
Unknown AGE
228 POSTS
Brotherhood
CLASS 2

Magneto's Appearance

The young southern belle seeking him out should not have surprised Magneto. It was surely inevitable and only a matter of time before it happen, especially after the Clinic Attacks. That public display had been a sign that the Brotherhood was active and once more making moves on the streets. It was an opening salvo and a bit of deception that had worked well in diverting attention away from his real intentions. It was a feint, one designed to leave others with the impression that perhaps the man known as Magneto was starting to slip and give in to his advanced age. Of course, few knew the real goals and the campaign to once more advance his agenda was proceeding as planned.

The elderly looking man walked out upon the platform to join the young woman there. Despite the gray hair and wrinkles, he moved well enough for a man almost 90 years old. The dark trench coat unfastened, showing the older style suit underneath. Perched upon his head was his old style fedora, after all, a proper gentleman didn’t go out without his hat. There was a grin on his face at the words of young woman with their heavy accent. “So I have heard,” he replied, his voice slightly raspy with age.

It would seem MANY are looking for me these days,” the man called Magneto stated. Several government agencies, the police, and even the Damocles organization were on the look out for Magneto, and he imagined they had those little pieces of paper called ‘Warrants’ they thought gave them power. “Not to mention a few of your work associates as well. Do they know you have come here to meet with me tonight?” he asked rather directly, wondering what they would think of such a rendezvous. Especially since it was Rogue that initiated and sought him out, not the other way around.

Magneto gave the young woman an appraising look, noting the little changes the intervening years gave her. “You seem to have grown up a lot since we last met,” he said with a friendly smile, after all it had been almost a decade now. “And perhaps found purpose in your life. Does it feel good to be actively fighting for what you believe in as opposed to passively sitting back and just hoping the world with change?” he asked. Magneto loved Charles like a brother, but his steadfast and stubborn determination that the humans would change and things would get better in time were sorely misguided.

Template by wonderful Ceri http://flawed.b1.jcink.com/uploads/flawed/avatars/emoticons/heart.gif
PM
^
Anna Marie D'ancanto
 Posted: May 7 2018, 02:20 AM
Rogue
Twenty Four AGE
108 POSTS
Damocles
CLASS 3

There was no helping the feeling that something was wrong.

Marie expected to meet a messenger, someone that she didn't know or someone that would have instructed her to go somewhere else. She'd have put herself in a dangerous position due to the familiarity that she felt for the man she saw before her. Yet there was a nagging feeling that there was something wrong, he'd just looked... She could not put her finger on it, but she'd watched the videos from the protests, watched him give his speech and yet now that he was standing there before her it felt wrong somehow. Almost like it was too easy, she worried it was a trap, but she could just fly away in a snap.

Her faith in Eric had been well rewarded, "You've made yourself popular lately, you'd been laying low for a while but then all of a sudden you decided to show up with a bang." The southern woman knew that there others looking for him, trying to get arrest warrants for everyone that they'd been able to name from the tapes. Her own efforts had gone into that, but this was not a business meeting. "My work and my home life are two separate things, I know I ain't known for having a private life, but this was a social call." It was kind of the nature of the position that the Damocles agents were in, many of them had ties to the other groups. There had always been a lot of crossover between the groups, even before Damoclese there were people who went from the Brotherhood to the X-Men or vice versa. The mutant community in the city was too small for people to just not know each other, they just needed to do their best to not end up involved in anything illegal or accidentally finding out about some crime.

So while this was strange on the outside, it was also understandable, she wouldn't be giving him any details about their investigation, but she also would not be asking for any information. This was really a social call, so Marie was going to treat it that way. "It's been a long time." She admitted, smiling back at Eric like he was an old friend and not someone who tried to murder her once. Her powers regularly tried to kill people, so she couldn't really hold that against anyone. "I always fought for what I believed in, just now there are bigger things to go against instead of butting heads with a bunch of terrorists that were once my friends."

Marie realized a moment later that she didn't actually want to go this, she didn't know what she expected to find when she came face to face with Magneto, but this obviously was not it. "I know you don't have all night to humor me, but I just gotta tell you one thing." She shrugged her shoulders, "These attacks on the clinics they don't seem like you. It was a mess, whatever message you were trying to get across didn't really work too well when you were taking peoples choice away. You lot might as well just attack some Planned Parenthoods while you're at it." Her feet lifted just an inch off the ground as she slowly floated a few inches further away, "It's weird to say it out loud, but I was worried, this didn't seem like the Magneto I once knew." Her eyes flicked away to where there had once been a machine put on this island, one that she'd been strapped into because Magneto meant to change the world by force.

@Kane @Dee
PM
^
Raven Darkholme
 Posted: May 12 2018, 08:27 AM
Mystique
Unknown AGE
228 POSTS
Brotherhood
CLASS 2

Magneto was close, very close, as he listened thru the comms to the conversation being had between Mystique and Rogue. He didn’t want anything to happen to Mystique and they would be each other’s backups in case this was some sort of trap. Magneto smiled at Rogue’s words, though he knew that neither of the women could see it. He continued to prompt Mystique and let her speak for him. “Yes, you could say I was on sabbatical for while. But I have returned and it would seem none too late judging by how things are going in the city,” he suggested.

So a social call? Wishing to reminisce about old times? I guess that would be the reason for meeting here after all wouldn’t it?” Magneto said referencing their past upon this spot in a slightly teasing tone. It seemed a rather unusual time for catching up on old times. Especially given the Brotherhood’s recent public activity with the Cure Clinic situation. He didn’t believe for a minute that Rogue missed his company or sought to get to know each other again. There had been no love lost over their past encounter together. And their little foray of cooperating to free the captive children at Alkali Lake had not seemed to endure him upon the young woman either. There had to be a purpose, some reason the young woman sought him out and wanted to meet.

The older man nodded to Rogue in agreement that it had been a long time. “Yes it has, nearly a decade,” he said easily. “You were but a girl then and now you would seem to be all grown up,” he added. But then when Rogue made her reply about fighting for what she believed in, she seemed to feel the need to add a quip on to the end of it. “Hmrph you say that as if we betrayed you somehow. Never have I pretended to be other then I am. There is no betrayal in being true to one’s ideals,” Magneto offered in opposition to Rogue’s statement about terrorists and friends.

Magneto didn’t really like the self-righteous attitude that the young Rogue was displaying, as if she knew him too well. “I am sure that there are many who have probably been deceived into thinking the Brotherhood has become an unfocused rabble, mindlessly lashing out without reason and hurting their own cause,” he told her in a disapproving tone. “I do not have to justify myself to you or anyone else,” he reminded her. “Though if Planned Parenthood was forcing young mothers to abort their babies against their will because the babies might be mutants, then perhaps they could use a visit as well,” he retorted. “If groups of so-called legal authorities, like your Damocles really wanted to protect the mutant community, perhaps they should have been doing something about the clinics forcing young mutant children to take the cure against their will,” he shot back at the young woman, actually getting a little angry at the gale and presumption of her that he might not know what he was doing.

The Magneto you knew has learned only too well that a man must learn from the past. History has taught me that waiting until they bring out the internment camps is too late. Programs designed to get rid of mutants thru science are just the first step towards annihilation and extinction for us. The weaponization of the cure should be proof enough of that. How long is it going to be before they start rounding up all the known mutants and forcing them to live in ghettos,” he asked, referring not to poor sections of cities but rather the practice of segregation that had gone on in the past. “Will your Damocles become the keepers and guards over their own kind like the Sonderkommandos of the Nazi camps?” he fired back.

Template by wonderful Ceri http://flawed.b1.jcink.com/uploads/flawed/avatars/emoticons/heart.gif
PM
^
Anna Marie D'ancanto
 Posted: Jun 18 2018, 03:52 AM
Rogue
Twenty Four AGE
108 POSTS
Damocles
CLASS 3

There was still the nagging urge in the back of Marie's mind that this was wrong, that something was going on that she couldn't see. Her stomach flipped with the feeling that she knew she should have texted Brian as a just in case, he wouldn't have approved, but it would have been good to have someone know where she was as a just in case. A smile quirked her lips as the man before her mentioned a sabbatical, like he'd just needed a little break and a long vacation. He ran the worlds biggest (or maybe only?) mutant terrorist group, and here he was talking about social calls like he was able to have any sort of normal life in his position.

It kind of broke her heart to think of it.

She hoped that she'd never be forced to take him in, even with troubled past between them because of her powers she felt like they'd had a close relationship. "I think you misunderstood me Sugah," She replied quietly, "What I meant was that I always went for what I believe in, and we got bigger things to fight against instead of fighting against each other." Xavier always made it seem that all mutants needed to join together, to fight together against the people who would harm their kind. She grew quiet as he explained, defending himself against what she said. There was no real way to explain the uncomfortable feeling, this just didn't seem like the man she'd known, but there was no real way to explain why it was like that.

"I don't want anyone to be cured against their will, but you've taken their choice away by destroying the one place that they might get help. If someone wants the cure then its their choice." She didn't have reports of the clinics forcing people to get the cure, "I cant do anything if a parent wants their child cured, I cant do anything about that. I don't like it, but I cant change the laws by myself. If someone gets an abortion because their religious views don't allow a child out of wedlock are you going to attack the churches?" It honestly was just a shitty situation all the way around, she would have liked to back a law that made it so that people would have to be at least eighteen before getting the cure, but she'd seen kids with painful and unliveable mutations. It was such a delicate situation that even now they couldn't have a decent talk about it without the conversation getting heated.

Her heartache showed on her face as Magneto started comparing their current mutant situation to the one that happened in Germany when he was very young. "We'd never allow that, I wont become that kind of person. Damocles isn't going to be that kind of group." Her mouth tensed, she'd never let Damoclese go down that kind of road, and they wouldn't she was sure because they had more autonomy than most police forces. They wouldn't fall down the rabbit hole of just following orders, but his comment pained her for another reason, "Even more then that do you think I would stay with them if they tried? I am proud to be a member of Damocles, but I wouldn't stand by for something like that." She pursed her lips, wanting to suddenly flee. Now she felt foolish for coming all this way, she'd apparently made a mistake that had taken this long for her to realize it.

Putting several more inches between not only herself and Magneto but between herself and the ground, she shook her head, "I shouldn't have come, I don't know what I really wanted, I'm sorry for wasting your time darlin'." She'd been wrong to come all this way, all of her secret contacts with people had apparently been a mistake. "Have a good night, I'll leave you to your evening."

@Kane @Dee

PM
^
Raven Darkholme
 Posted: Jul 16 2018, 07:47 AM
Mystique
Unknown AGE
228 POSTS
Brotherhood
CLASS 2

Magneto stifled the disbelieving sound that wanted to come out at Rogue’s reference to some veiled common enemy. “And what bigger things or who would that be? Some common enemy posing a bigger threat to the Children of the Atom then the human governments?” he asked in a disbelieving tone. The humans and their large authoritarian governments that sought to use mutants as weapons and eliminated those that proved to not be useful were the primary threat to their very existence.

Magneto shook his head. “It is not a choice, it is coercion,” he stated confidently. “Where are the other choices? Where are the other options for those who are having trouble learning to live with their mutations? Where was this concern when the same type of option was exercised in the past over racial or religious differences? Where was the law or better yet justice when the ‘Death Camps’ were committing genocide in the past? Are we to just stand around and wait while the humans build back up to the point of opening up ‘Death Camps’ for the genocide of all the Children of the Atom who won’t serve as the human’s weapons?” he stated, trying not to get heated over such a sensitive subject that touch upon the pain past of his youth.

A man’s past, his history, shaped and determined the kind of man he would be. Magneto was no different. While there might be those that would turn the other cheek or be forgiving of all the pain and death in their past, Magneto was not such a man. Magneto was a man of determination and well planned action. He would not wait for the extermination to begin before fighting to defend the Children of the Atom. He would not wait until it was too late before standing up for what was right. At Rogue’s denial that her agency would or could ever be that kind of organization, he couldn’t help but give Rogue a wry grin that was humorless. “Only time will tell won’t it?” he said. “What once was thought intolerable and impossible all too easily becomes the norm in such a short time. We shall see, when the human masters of Damocles decide that stronger methods must be instituted, where their mutant servants will stand,” he said, knowing that some would not cooperate once things had gone too far. But there would be others who would, for various reasons, threats to family, benefits, payment, entitlements, and what have you could sway some to continue to serve the evil designs of their human masters.

Magneto’s expression changed a bit and his tone softened then. “I would tell you something that you may not want to hear. But I would ask that you remember it for when the time comes, like I am sure it will. There is a place by my side for you. You and those like you who believe in justice will one day reject the perverse and twisted manipulations being employed. There will always be a place among us for you. Your true family will welcome you with open arms upon the day that your eyes have been opened and you see it for yourself,” he told her, his tone almost fatherly. It was a genuine offer. When the day came that Magneto was proven right, he would welcome any and all Children of the Atom to his family regardless of their past associations. “I do understand that you are only doing what you believe is right, however misguided or perhaps misdirected is a better word, it might be. Your heart is in the right place.”

Magneto looked at Rogue as she floated further up preparing to leave. “It is not a waste if you contemplate what I have said with an open mind. All I ask is that you think about it and remember in the future, that you will always be welcome with me,” he told her.

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Affiliates
Candyland Couture Shadowplay
UNCANNY EVOLUTION Heroes Reborn WHAT WE CHOOSE
GLITTER & GOLD Infinite Dreams