Alexander Summers & Larua Kinney
Thread of the Moment
All These Parts Of Me
Plot of the Moment
Clinical Cure
Quote of the Moment
Clinical Cure: Sending a Message

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Raven guarding the secrets, Getting deeper into trouble it seems...
Cameron Lyrall
 Posted: Mar 10 2018, 12:02 PM
Silence
18 AGE
58 POSTS
X-Resident
CLASS 2

The walk to where they were told to meet their new … whatever Bas was, was far away. Especially when you couldn’t tell anyone where you were bloody going. It sucked, but made so much sense now, knowing what they knew about the group they now had invested in. The first meeting had gone well, and considering Cameron had expected to come out with some sort of bruising… well, they were pleasantly surprised. Clearly their persuasion skills were a little better than they had given themself credit for - and no one had to come in as backup, not even once. Having shown up on someone’s doorstep for a second time in the month, with no real explanation of how they found the information, it had been all talk to get themselves out of trouble. Maybe it was because Bas had been such an interesting creature that Cameron had even decided to pursue him. Having once been arrested as a member of the Brotherhood, he had found himself an out, he had come back and decided to go back to normal life? Sounded suspicious. Sure, they’d dig a little, but they didn’t want to ruin this one. Sure, there were plenty more people to look into… but they would be careful with what they asked with this one.

The way they looked at Cameron was… well… nice? Honestly, they had seen some strange things in their life but Bas was… different. Different not in a bad way, of course, but also something they had never seen. Elegant and almost looming, he had a charm to him that no doubt most people didn’t see. His eyes were kind but mysterious, and he spoke to Cameron like a damn human being - something Cam had gotten significantly less used to over the time they had been missing a mouth.

It seemed a little dumb to be excited about the oncoming interaction, but the mouthless mutant had carried a damn heavy bag full of camera equipment as well as a dictaphone so that note writing wasn’t the only way to remember this entire conversation. Part of them really wished they had actually put time and effort into getting some muscle… but it would entirely ruin their aesthetic, so as they dumped the heavy bag onto the floor outside Bas’ apartment they looked almost exhausted. Without being able to pant properly it was all made worse, having to stand for a few seconds to try and slow their heart rate; which also gave them enough time to try and tie their hair into something a lot neater. Even if this wasn’t about them, Cameron did not want to look a mess in front of their new… what was Bas..? A contact? A client? Technically? Who knew, best as those sorts of questions later when they knew just how much information they were going to get off the man about his story. Whatever happened, they were about to find out how a very obvious mutant found a way into a terrorist organisation believing it was going to help their kind.

Pulling down their shirt and adjusting their tie (yes, Cameron had decided to dress a little more masculine today, but their hair and makeup was very feminine today - taking inspiration from Desire from Sandman today). Another deep breath through their nose, and really hoping they were no longer red from the walk here with heavy damn bags, they knocked on the door rather confidently. If they could have smiled when the door opened, they would have, but instead their hand came up to wave in greeting. “Goodmorning.” Quentin’s voice had been the only one they wanted to steal today, sounding familiar and gave them a strange amount of confidence to go through with all this.

@bastiano de santis
PM
^
bastiano de santis
 Posted: Mar 16 2018, 11:56 PM
corvid
thirty five AGE
242 POSTS
Brotherhood
CLASS 3

Waiting had proved to be a bit more nerve wracking than Bastiano had expected, so the avian mutant had sought distraction in one of the books Adem had suggested he read for his internship. He’d poured himself a glass of wine, caring little for the time of the day, and settled himself on the cushioned window seat they’d had built when they’d remodeled the apartment a few months back. He’d enjoyed all three- book, drink, and comfortable seat- for perhaps five minutes before suddenly realizing that he’d read the same paragraph about the peoples whose items were being excavated below New York City’s subways three times without absorbing even the first word.

With a sigh, Bas closed the book, reached for his drink, and turned his gaze to the bustling city outside his window deciding to let his mind wander as it clearly planned to do so with or without his consent.

I should not be worried, he thought as his sharp eyes watched the people passing down below, most at the hurried pace that seemed ingrained in New Yorkers. The young mutant coming to see him- to interview him- was intriguing and not impolite. Determined and curious, certainly, but not so much that Bas thought this discussion would be unpleasant. He just...well he was nervous simply at being the focus of such attention. He’d never been interviewed before, not even for a job as his current one had been given to him by his husband and the workforce had generally refused to accept him before that due to his appearance. There had been reporters and writers who had attempted to contact him in prison, likely intending to ask him similar questions, but he’d refused them all. Bas had thought to refuse this one as well, but there were a few things working in the young mutant’s favor that had changed his mind.

First, the fact that the young (man? woman? Bas wasn’t entirely certain) person was a mutant, almost as obviously as the Italian was. That alone was enough to warm him to the blonde.

Second, as someone who had recruited for the Brotherhood more than once, Bas thought he sensed a level of interest in the group that went past simple academic study.

Third, and perhaps most important, Magneto (after Bas had spoken with him) approved. His leader trusted in Bas’ discretion and saw this as an opportunity to speak their side from someone who could not be arrested for his answers as they were, as far as anybody could prove, from “the past.”

Because of those three reasons, he’d accepted and while the avian mutant wasn’t regretting his choice, he did wish he had more experience with this. If he even just knew what to expect…

The knock on the door came as something of a relief as it at least meant Bas didn’t have to wait and wonder any longer. Setting down his wine, Bas unfolded his tall, oddly shaped body from the window seat and walked toward the door. His taloned feet clicked with each step, but thanks to the new floor- designed with him in mind- not the slightest dent or scratch was left behind and the door he answered had been taken all the way to the ceiling to make it easier for him to pass through without having to duck.

“Good morning,” the Italian greeted in response to the voice in his head (which was different from last time, he was certain). Giving the other a soft smile, he stepped back to let the younger mutant inside, quietly amused yet approving of the professional attire; it was unnecessary but it showed clearly that the blonde was taking this seriously. Bas himself was dressed more formally than most would in their own home, but such was his preference in fashion. His scaled, digitigrade legs were covered in a pair of well fitted dark grey slacks which he’d paired with a nice maroon sweater. “Would you like help with your equipment?” he asked politely, his grey eyes settling on the younger mutant’s face without any sign that he considered what he saw to be anything but normal. “Can I get you something to drink?”

@Cameron Lyrall
PM
^
Cameron Lyrall
 Posted: Mar 22 2018, 04:16 PM
Silence
18 AGE
58 POSTS
X-Resident
CLASS 2

Actually seeing Bas in person once again made their nervousness about the situation begin to filter out. The mutant was tall and most might consider him almost terrifying, but they looked upon the mouthless mutant as if nothing was out of the ordinary - even when they were not wearing a scarf. “Oh no, I can manage.” Which was a complete and utter lie, but Cameron picked the bag back up and carried it into the apartment once invited. They carefully placed it down again as soon as they were able, turning to look at Bas afterwards with large blue eyes. If they hadn’t been used to their own habits, they might have had to think about their answer, but it came out instantaneously. “Thank you but…” Cameron pointed to their mouth, eyebrows furrowing together, and really, without being able to smile it wasn’t looking as if they were pleased with the offer. They shook off their expression, remembering that this wasn’t a personal all, and it was better to remain neutral than try to even express themselves right now. “I cannot consume anything. I seem to take my nutrients from other people’s energy, namely… voices.”

Which didn’t sound like a real thing at all now they heard it in their own had, but it seemed to be the only thing that made sense. Cameron had refused point blank to let the mansion do any sort of test to see what exactly was keeping them alive. One, because to put anything scientific about it into their mind might make them a great deal less grateful about being alive and two, who wanted to have experiments done on them to make them feel like more of a freak? “Before you ask, I’m not entirely sure how it works, sadly.” But no doubt Bas had noticed the different voice sounding in their head now, so they might have some clue as to what might have happened there. But it was besides the point, they were here to learn about Bas, not talk about themselves… unless the elder male felt more comfortable if he knew more? Cameron subtly shook their head, trying to get those questions out (a habit they had picked up from their mother, they were sure), before they very evidently turned their head to look at the seating, and then back to Bas.

Making it evident they were not going to sit unless being invited.

Of course they could have done it without turning their head, but it wouldn’t be seen because of the way they eyes were. Exaggerating their movements had never been too much of an issue though. “I should ask, before we get started, did you come up with anything you didn’t wish to talk about?” It had been entirely important to clarify that Cameron would respect Bas’ privacy as well as make sure not to upset him, because he was now a very important contact to have (plus, they were beginning to become fond). “I also want to say that I prefer a more conversation style, and I hope that doesn’t come across unprofessional? I just prefer fluid conversation because it helps people feel more comfortable.” Yes, they had notes and prompts to remind themselves about important questions or sides of the story they wanted… but if things took a different route to get there it wasn’t the end of the world. Cameron had made sure they had more than enough time to talk for hours on end - and no one was going to miss them if they came back later… or never.

@bastiano de santis
PM
^
bastiano de santis
 Posted: Mar 22 2018, 07:25 PM
corvid
thirty five AGE
242 POSTS
Brotherhood
CLASS 3

The equipment looked heavy, but if the young mutant didn’t want help then Bas wouldn’t push it; pride, he knew, could be a tricky thing. So the avian man stepped back and held the door open for his guest then followed Cameron into the main part of the apartment. The moment the blonde pointed at their mouth, the Italian reached up and pressed his hand to his face, appalled at himself. Merda, forgive me. Habit,” he apologized as he shook his head gently at his own stupidity. Habit and an upbringing that insisted on proper manners had the question out of his mouth long before he thought about it.

Well, that was a wonderful start to this interview.

Despite his annoyance with himself, Bas heard what the younger mutant said about his abilities and cocked his head curiously to the side, like a magpie suddenly finding something shiny. Taking energy from voices? That was certainly not one he’d heard before, but it did explain the change in voice he’d noticed. Before he could ask, however, Cameron seemed to read his mind (hopefully only metaphorically) and quickly explained that there was no explanation. The Italian chuckled. “I see you have been asked this before,” he commented. “Well, I can hardly explain this-” he gestured down at himself, more comfortable addressing his mutation around somebody else who was like him. “Or my other abilities,” Bas started to say, but stopped himself. As far as the authorities were concerned, feathers and the ability to fly were all he had; no point giving out his other powers lest they be used to incriminate him in other crimes.

“Please, sit,” the Italian spoke as he walked over and collected his wine glass. For a moment, he hesitated and his gaze flicked toward the kitchen where he could place the glass instead. Would it be rude to drink around somebody who couldn’t? Bas mentally shook his head as he moved to sit on the couch with a rustle of feathers on fabric, far enough to one side to allow Cameron to join him on it should the young mutant wish it or to choose one of the lounge chairs across from him. Being treated differently because of who and what you were was not something Bas thought the other would appreciate. He knew what that was like and how low in the gut it could hit. So he didn’t grab the bottle and chug from it, but he did quietly sip at his drink as the other spoke.

“I have never been interviewed before,” Bastiano admitted after a moment. “So please conduct this however you feel is best. As for topics to avoid...my husband.” Leaning back, he crossed one leg over the other, bringing one taloned foot well into view. “Oh, I do not mind speaking of him but I will not answer questions that bring his knowledge of my past activities into question. Other than that--” After a pause, he shrugged. “Well I supposed I can simply remain silent should you ask something I don’t wish to answer. I am not easily offended,” Bas felt the need to point out. “So please don’t worry about that.”

@Cameron Lyrall
PM
^
Cameron Lyrall
 Posted: Apr 5 2018, 08:50 AM
Silence
18 AGE
58 POSTS
X-Resident
CLASS 2

If Cameron could have smiled, they would have. Not because they were happy they had embarrassed their new contact - but because of the language they used once they realised their mistake. The mouthless mutant was a fan of different ways of speaking, through sound or through movement, and they had almost forgot Bas wasn’t using his first language. “Honestly, it’s fine.” There was a softness in those words, a sense of happiness which they couldn’t show in their expression easily. Mostly because they were watching the hand gesture. “It’s better to offer and be embarrassed than not and be seen as rude~” Which was no doubt where the question came from, and brushing down their shirt they made sure once more they looked proper in this moment, now inside. It wasn’t really about them, but better to let Bas ask questions now than regret something later and interrupt where they were going with this entire situation.

They had never really wanted to explain, they hated it. People always barged in and expected to be told something personal - just like gender, of sexuality… people just assumed because you looked different you needed to be explained. They would have scoffed, but apparently, they still had some professionalism in them. “What’s to explain?” They didn’t want to seem rude, but Cameron blinked slowly, making sure to move their head to show they were indeed looking from Bas’ legs back up to his face (as no pupils never showed you where they were looking). “I think the way you are is beautiful, so please don’t feel you need to explain.” And with that, they took the invitation to sit down, their posture straight, as it always was - apparently it made them look uncomfortable at the best of times, but years of modelling were hard to remove from their system. They reached into their bag, pulling out the little recorder and placing it gently on their lap. The red light remained off, for now, showing it wasn’t recording as they also pulled the notepad and a pen. All ready, all laid out on their lap because they liked their things to be close.

It was a perfectly understandable no go on the husband aspect of things. Not only was there something in the law saying your spouse had privileges (something about you not having to speak of things your other half knew), but family were meant to be protected. It’s why Stacy still had no idea they were doing this. “I would only ask about your husband for my own curiosity, but it’s hardly professional to ask for person advise on mutations and love.” Cameron would have never said this to anyone else - not even their brother… but Bastiano? Yes, this man was different. He knew what it was to be looked at and known from an instant they were different; they must have found it difficult to know who to trust? Maybe? Cameron shook their head, because they were not here to find that sort of thing out, not in the slightest. Bastiano was a contact, not a friend. So, they made a gesture to push a strand of hair out of their own face, pen now in their hand and showing Bas they now switched the recording device on. “I suppose I would like to start by asking you ‘How did you find out about the Brotherhood?’. I’ve heard accounts of being found by them, or going to look for them. And really, either way, what made you want to join them?”

Personal accounts were vastly easier to deal with than anything else. Bas would be a good place to start.

@bastiano de santis
PM
^
bastiano de santis
 Posted: Apr 9 2018, 11:05 PM
corvid
thirty five AGE
242 POSTS
Brotherhood
CLASS 3

Such a polite person young Cameron was. Bas naturally had a soft spot for all those who were physically mutated, but he could tell already that he would like Cameron for who they were. It would have been easy for the other to feel offense toward the Italian’s slip up, but Bas could see that the brush off was genuine and felt relief flood his system. The last thing he wanted, after all, was to make someone like himself feel bad about that which made them unique.

“You are very kind,” Bas replied with a quiet smile.

A fact the young mutant proved again with the compliment about the Italian’s appearance. It was something the avian man heard nearly daily from his doting husband, yet still it surprised and touched him and he felt color rise in his cheeks. For over half of his life, Bas had struggled to accept how he looked. As someone who had grown to love and admire the birds who had taught him to fly, there was a small part that had always thought himself beautiful in a way, but the world around him had shouted so much louder and more hateful than that part and it had been hard not to crumble under the verbal, and eventually physical, blows that had been flung at him. It was possible that the young interviewer was trying to butter him up so he’d relax and give more honest answers, but something- which Bas hoped was not vanity speaking- made him believe the comment to be genuine. Once again, as they sat, he gave the other a smile.

Bas sipped at his wine as he watched the blonde pull out not only a recording but also a notepad and pen. Amusement sparkled in his grey eyes. How very...non-millennial of them. When Cameron promised not to speak of Liam except to ask advice, the Italian’s crest rose an inch as he cocked his head to the side and debated the impropriety of such a thing. “On record, perhaps,” he answered slowly as he swirled his drink in its clear glass. “But I do not see the harm in speaking of such things afterwards.” The more intimate, physical parts of their relationship might not be something he was comfortable discussing, but if there was any advice or hope that he could give that the young mutant might find helpful then he’d certainly like to try to give it.

When the real questions began and the little red light on the recorder turned on, Bas relaxed a little into his seat. These would not be overly difficult to answer and perhaps his response would help readers to understand what life was like for their kind and why many of them chose paths such as his. “I will start with why I wished to join them as it leads to how I found them. As you can surmise, I am not from the United States,” he began, voice calm and controlled. “When I was in Europe, I faced a great deal of bigotry due to my appearance. It was a constant part of my life growing up and when I left my small hometown I found that those in the larger cities were not as open minded as I’d hoped. I attempted to sign up for the Italian army, believing that surely they could put my abilities to use, but they turned me out. So I looked for other work, any work, but I could find few willing to hire a monstro like me.” Bas’ lips curled up in a faint, bitter smile. “I believe I need not translate that for you?”

He continued. “My education, my competency, my willingness to work, none of it mattered in comparison to my feathers. Those that did hire me did so only for a time and paid me little in comparison to my human counterparts. Then there were the insults, the actual physical attacks…” He pursed his lips then took another small sip of his drink. “Everyday was a struggle and for a long time I saw no reason that it might change. Then I met others like myself who were also struggling and it was through them that I heard of the Brotherhood. A strong group of mutants fighting for their rights and refusing to put up with the treatment I and the others had faced.” The Italian glanced slightly over Cameron’s shoulders as he drifted through his memories. “That was all I knew of them at the time, but that was enough, more than enough. So my new friends and I traveled here and sought them out.”

Bas brought his gaze back to those mesmerizing blue-grey eyes. “It was not as easy as you might believe, but we finally found them and…” He frowned softly. [“I apologize. Am I speaking too much? That answer was...long.” Which surprised the normally soft spoken man. Perhaps this was a story he’d wanted to tell more than he’d thought.

@Cameron Lyrall

This post has been edited by bastiano de santis: Apr 9 2018, 11:05 PM
PM
^
Cameron Lyrall
 Posted: May 6 2018, 02:50 PM
Silence
18 AGE
58 POSTS
X-Resident
CLASS 2

It shouldn’t have amused them, really, it shouldn’t. But the amount of people who would openly argue with Bas on that one comment was more than Cameron actually wanted to count. They had been known most their life as a creature who took no shit, and therefore came across as a complete and utter bitch, Some might be upset by this, but they were rather comfortable with what they had become. “I’m really not.” There was a slight raise on an eyebrow, to suggest they were saying this with some amusement at least - because even with Quentin’s voice, the sarcasm and jest of it all might not be enough to really come across. It was good, however, to know that Bas had seemed to have taken a shine to them, and that’s all that mattered. Cameron was rather fond of the avian mutant too, which made it rather sad they couldn’t show such a thing with a smile. “We’ll see I suppose.” They brushed an almost nervous hand through their hair, trying their best to keep it neat in the situation. Talking about something personal might make the mouthless mutant all too uncomfortable, and they didn’t need that.

Not when they wanted so badly for this to begin. For the story to be told and to really understand Bas better. Even though they wanted more than anything to focus on nothing but the beautiful accident given to them, Cameron really made sure to take note of the words, their pen jotting the odd word on paper - shorthand, of course. Their own symbols and lines to make sure no other creature would understand them.

But their pen had to stop at points, so glad it did, because they were taken a little back by the story. Why, they couldn’t have said… but it cut too deep. Perhaps the worst part of the story (well, the most heartbreaking) was that Bas’ story was not uncommon. Sure, his mutation was affecting him far stronger than most, but the result was the same. Hate only ever fuelled hate, and it could turn those who had worked so hard to be part of this world against it. Cameron was starting to understand that hate, the way it began to boil in your stomach and they hadn’t faced it half as bad as Bas had. They were useless in a fight, they had no influence anywhere but this damn paper they were writing… so they could use that to fight somehow… until something more dangerous took them. The idea scared them, but even the mouthless mutant knew a war was coming. When they were asked a question, it seemed the mouthless mutant was struggling for words - more so than usual actually. They wished they could still cover their hesitation with a cough, but there was no mouth to cover, no noise they could make. So instead, their hands curled around their pen a little tighter, watching the male in front of them as if they were the most fascinating thing in this world (and right now, they were). “It’s not too much at all. I think I prefer it that way. You’re a good storyteller.” They shook their head as it to confirm such a thing.

And swallowing hard, they put their professional face back on, breathing a deep, silent breath through their nose. “So the Brotherhood’s story travelled outside of America. It makes sense, of course, as to why, but that it reached you I assume felt like a blessing. Even outside of mutant kind, those who are unable to get jobs, or are disowned by our society have always fought, protested.” Their words, of course, couldn’t be heard on the recorder, so Cameron made sure to write down what questions they had asked - just to make it easier in the long run. “No doubt people will want to know why you chose the Brotherhood instead of a peaceful method - and no doubt those people will have never been discriminated about… But if you hadn’t trusted the leader, I suspect you wouldn’t have followed him?” They seemed to awkwardly hesitated, their free hand signing an apology before they remembered they weren’t in the right environment for that. “Sorry, what I mean is… did you come to America looking to fight, or would you have prefered another option?” Sympathy was a card Cameron could use well, and no doubt readers would empathise more if they knew other methods had been tried.

@bastiano de santis
PM
^
bastiano de santis
 Posted: May 10 2018, 08:29 PM
corvid
thirty five AGE
242 POSTS
Brotherhood
CLASS 3

Bas took a moment to quietly study his wine as he swirled it around in its glass. He had never enjoyed talking about himself or the things he’d gone through and, while he certainly wouldn’t say he was enjoying it now, it was...a relief, in a way, to speak of it. It was rare that the mutants, much less the Brotherhood specifically, were in a position to tell the world their side of the tale. If he could make people see that they were more than the terrorists they’d been labeled as, if he could help another mutant like himself see that they could step up for themselves and others…

“Thank you,” the Italian replied softly when Cameron assured him that his rambling was not only fine but apparently well narrated. Grey eyes shifted from the wine to study the younger mutant. Was he mistaken or were they...affected by what he’d said? He’d never been overly good at reading people, the blonde’s lack of mouth and monochromatic eyes made them overly difficult to gauge, and what he thought he saw seemed subtle so he could be wrong, but Bas thought the blonde was perhaps not as collected as they wanted to appear. The avian mutant’s mouth turned up in the faintest of sympathetic smiles.

Really, was it so surprising that his story might hit home? Their mutations were not as obvious as his own but Bas doubted Cameron’s life had been easy. Perhaps…

“It did,” he agreed. “Perhaps something like a terminally ill patient hearing of a possible cure. It gave me hope.” And he’d not had a lot of that back then. But was his story already giving it to someone else? Bas couldn’t help but notice how his interviewer seemed to be somewhat rambling now, speaking things that might be on their mind? Yes, it seemed that way, possibly. Oh damn, what he wouldn’t give for his husband’s skills at reading people. “And you are correct that I trusted Magneto, very much.” Trusted him, nearly worshipped him, and most definitely loved him. Not romantically, more like how he might have felt for his own father had things been different.

The fact that Magneto was now physically nearly his own age made that last part a little...odd.

“I am not naturally a violent man,” Bas continued. Well, he hadn’t been back then, anyway, not unless thoroughly provoked. Now? He had to admit there were certain situations- usually those involving mutants- that set off the beast he otherwise so rarely showed. “And I did hope, once, to fight for our rights more peacefully, but you recall those others I mentioned, the ones I traveled here with? It was at a peaceful protest that I met them. I’d been watching from above, you see, too scared to actually join them, so I had a wonderful view of how humans choose violence in an attempt to quiet their demands for equal rights.” God but he remembered how angry and terrified he’d been that day, but he’d helped them and he liked to think he’d made a difference, if nothing else in ensuring they all survived the angry mob.

The Italian swirled his wine around in his glass and once again watched it. “While I was horrified, saddened, and angered by it, I cannot say that I was overly surprised by that point. You see, I have always had a passion for history and history has not painted a good picture of humans when it comes to them accepting those who are different. Religion, the color of one’s skin, gender, sexual preferences. So minor in comparison to what we can do and if they cannot accept such things in their own species...well.” Bas took a sip to wet his throat. He really did not often talk this much. “So yes, I hoped for a peaceful resolution once, but the world did not allow me to be that naive for long. I'm honestly not sure what I was hoping for when I sought out the Brotherhood, but I do know I wanted- needed something to change.”

@Cameron Lyrall
PM
^
Cameron Lyrall
 Posted: May 20 2018, 03:41 PM
Silence
18 AGE
58 POSTS
X-Resident
CLASS 2

It was hard to remain composed for normal people. Cameron also found it hard, but they just hid it so much better with how their mutation had affected their appearance. Now, watching Bas, eyes trained on each movement as if trying to read more into this story than just words… they knew something had at least shown through. Bas was studying them back, and it felt a little strange, as if the man might be trying to read their thoughts. Cameron was used to that, with Quentin, but this set them ever so slightly on edge for a few moments their hands stilling on the paper they had been taking notes with. The smile only helped a little, enough to get their hand to stop shaking and go back to work, reminding themselves they had to be professional in this moment. “Hope seems to be a strong factor in what we do.” Cameron had lost it somewhere, they were sure, because of how the mansion was dealing with things. “He seems a man who knows how to speak to people, and follow through with his threats. Weren’t you afraid of what he might ask of you?” All great men needed a story, all of them needed loyal followers who would do as asked. Had the man always been violent too, or had it just seeped into him? What the mouthless mutant wouldn’t do to get an interview with him too.

Human chose violence. Yes, they did, but it was always ‘in defense’ in the papers. Always because they were ‘scared’, the news often left out how the other side had done nothing wrong. Or how the hate had fuelled it all. “I don’t doubt it was awful to watch.” And likely not a memory Bas wanted to drag up, but in their notes they made a mental note to search for more answers later, when the topic/opportunity arose.

Instead, they knew what they had to ask next, because it was a massive gap in their knowledge. “Forgive me if this question is rude, or hard to speak of, but I feel it might help understand a little better.” They sat up a little stranger, noting down their own question in their own cryptic shorthand. They couldn’t hesitate now, because nothing good ever came easy. “The incident which left you leaving the Brotherhood, would you mind telling me about it? About what had driven you to that moment? How it felt to leave?” Cameron knew they might be turned down on this one - there wasn’t a great deal of information on just why the man had left, but it clearly hadn’t been a good thing. Now, the avian mutant was out, and alive… and the Brotherhood hadn’t come after him to shut him up so there must be honour amongst members, unlike a lot of human groups. The Brotherhood had been so kind so far it seemed beyond Cameron now that they were in fact, the ‘bad guys’, and Bas… Bas was not the kind of man to be ‘evil’. He was polite, respectful, much like their own brother was too. All members had strived to achieve something while still holding their ground as a decent person.

Terrorist really was looking like the wrong word. “And, I suppose, it would be important to know… do you plan to fight again? Like before or in a different way?” Cameron planned to, in their own way. This interview was just the damn start, but they couldn’t live like this. Watching their kind be hated on, abused, having their rights taken away. It scared them, and there was no waiting idly by.

@bastiano de santis
PM
^
bastiano de santis
 Posted: May 25 2018, 08:16 PM
corvid
thirty five AGE
242 POSTS
Brotherhood
CLASS 3

A quietly fond smile curved Bas’ lips as he shook his head. “No, I never feared what he might ask of me,” he replied, glad that he could defend the man everyone outside the Brotherhood had labeled as a murderer and demon. “Many mistake Magneto’s ambitions. They think he is trying to seek power for himself and using the Brotherhood to get it, but he cares about mutants, especially those who follow him. He expects much of those in the Brotherhood, this is true, but he does not needlessly throw his green recruits onto the front lines. We were all introduced to the fight gradually as much as possible and he never asked what was not needed.” At least not of Bas, and perhaps it was a small lie for him to say he never wondered how far he might be asked to go. He’d wondered and he’d asked himself countless times how far he’d be willing to go. So far, Erik had not asked more than he could give.

Bas’ crest perked in interest when his interviewer showed some hesitation. Now, what sort of question might the young Cameron consider rude? Curious, the Italian nodded at the blonde to continue then remained silent in thought for a number of moments after the question was asked. Although they likely weren’t easy to acquire, the story was a matter of public records so the avian mutant could answer without exposing himself. Of course, that didn’t mean he necessarily wanted to, but he had agreed to this.

“I did not leave the Brotherhood; I was taken from it,” he gently corrected. “I--” he swallowed. “Was struck by a Cure gun and arrested during a mission then spent five long--” horribly, torturously long “years in prison.” He uncrossed his legs then recrossed them as he shifted in his seat. “Once I was free--” He prudently chose not to say how that freedom had come through escape and then legal action. “I made the decision to stay with my partner, now my husband. I guess you could say I feel I paid enough of a price for the fight to hang up my hat and try to a normal life. I do hope to find another way to help our kind, but that is a work in progress.” Bas took a sip of his wine and watched Cameron over his glass, curious to see how they reacted to what could be seen as a betrayal to mutantkind on his part.

@Cameron Lyrall
PM
^
Cameron Lyrall
 Posted: Jun 10 2018, 02:17 PM
Silence
18 AGE
58 POSTS
X-Resident
CLASS 2

So many people said so many things about the leader of the Brotherhood - but most of those things came from non-mutants. He was a fear monger, he wanted to kill all humanity, he just was out for blood. Actually hearing something from someone who used to work for him was entirely refreshing. First hand knowledge was so much better, and made the would be journalist even more hopeful that this was going to get them somewhere. “He sounds like a good man, and a good leader. No wonder so many people go to him.” Cameron would never voice such a thing, but they were interested in speaking to the man himself if they ever got the chance. Maybe, if they made a good job of this. Maybe if they got more people to see Magneto’s point of view or sympathise with the Brotherhood, there might be a meeting in place.

What was public record and what was not seemed to be at a mix, and while Cameron had done as much research as they were able, they certainly hadn’t come across that. Arrested was one thing, cured was entirely another, especially when one got so used to looking so different. They seemed, at least for a little moment, lost for words (which was funny, considering their mutation). “I can only imagine how horrible it must have been.” The cure was, in Cameron’s opinion… and option. But an option you got to choose to take. First their brother, now this poor creature who had only been fighting for what they thought was right. The mouthless mutant’s blood boiled, their brows clearly furrowing - though without a mouth it was hard to tell if it was upset or anger. Their voice, however, stole some of the telltale signs from Quentin about how outraged they might have been in that moment. “If they had… How dare they.” They apparently couldn’t come up with words, and it really was a struggle not to stand up, to pace and rant about just how angry they were becoming at the idea of curing someone, once more, against their will.

The idea that Cameron had once considered the cure might have made them feel sick in this moment. Never again. “Bastiano, you’ve done enough, the fact you even had to pay a price for something most idiots take for granted, I canno-” They cut themselves off, realising they had clenched their hand so hard around their pen it had made an ugly imprint on their palm, looking down as if they had been slapped across the face. “That was unprofessional of me. I apologise.” Passion was not meant to be a damn weakness, but Cameron’s ability to get enraged over something they felt strongly for really did not help in moments like this. The fight in them was strong, and it was really hindering this ‘be on the sidelines and help with something other than fighting because you’re weak’... but it seemed the idea hadn’t been entirely well placed. Maybe with practise. “The cure for anyone must be heartbreaking. But someone as beautiful as you, born like this… for it all to be taken. Your freedom, your mutation, no doubt your hope at times just because you’re different. I’m sorry.” The will in them to continue was still there, but they were not sure where to go currently. This had been easier before.

@bastiano de santis
PM
^
bastiano de santis
 Posted: Jun 15 2018, 01:29 PM
corvid
thirty five AGE
242 POSTS
Brotherhood
CLASS 3

Yes, there was most definitely something there. Cameron seemed all too ready to believe that Magneto was the glorious leader Bas thought him to be. He saw no doubt in those oddly colored eyes which was rare to find even in most mutants. There was a lot out there painting the Master of Magnetism as a monster and it usually took more than a few pretty words to get such a reaction. Not that Bas wasn’t pleased to see it. Anytime he could change someone’s mind about the Brotherhood or his leader was a good day; potentially finding a new recruit was even better and he strongly suspected Cameron might be one.

“He was,” Bas replied simply.

Cameron’s initial response to hearing about the avian mutant’s experience after getting hit by the Cure was calm if sympathetic, but it didn’t take long for temper to flare up in the younger mutant. Even without a mouth, Bas found their face to be plenty expressive. Eyes narrowed, eyebrows furrowed, and color creeped into pale cheeks. It took Bas a little by surprise, actually, and he quietly watched to see how the blonde was going to proceed. The Italian was uncertain if it was genuine sympathy or if the other could easily imagine themselves in that situation and it was the fear and anger from that that was showing through. Either way, it heartened him that he didn’t see any desire for the Cure, something all too often felt in those like them, mixed with that outrage.

It quickly became clear that Bas need not have worried that Cameron would judge him for supposedly hanging up his Brotherhood hat. The avian man’s heart swelled with sudden pride, because so few outside the group understood what they were fighting for. So few realized that they were risking their freedom, their families, and their lives to fight for their people to have the same rights as the humans who came before them. Yes, many of the Brotherhooders wished for mutants to reign on high as well- and Bas certainly wouldn’t mind that- but it was a still a belief they were fighting for. Most people, human or mutant, were content to sit and watch as the world crumbled around them and yet those same people judged him and his brothers and sisters so harshly for acting.

It was...nice to hear Cameron’s words.

Bas wanted to reach out and lay at hand on the blonde’s when he saw how tightly the pen was being clutched, but he had to walk a fine line with this interview. He already felt a desire to speak to them more personally about the group, to bring them into it, but if he was wrong about Cameron he’d expose himself and that could land him right back in jail. No, if he genuinely believed the young mutant was interested by the end of this interview he’d speak to Magneto and let his leader make the official contact. “There is nothing wrong with feeling passion nor compassion,” Bastiano replied in response to the apology. “I imagine it is such emotions that make a great journalist.” At what was said next, the siren felt an odd mixture of pleasure at the compliment and discomfort at the memories that swam forward. He had to fight the urge to touch his wrists where tiny feathers just barely concealed old, ugly scars. “I will admit,” he answered slowly. “That I did not have any hope for a long while. However, I was lucky that their Cure wasn’t what they hoped and it wore off. Both transformations are quite painful, by the way, which is not something I believe I ever heard the creators warn about.”

Bas ran his tongue thoughtfully over the front of his teeth. “You do not have to answer as this is personal and technically I am the one being interviewed,” he spoke after a moment. “But have you ever considered it yourself?”

@Cameron Lyrall
PM
^
Cameron Lyrall
 Posted: Jun 27 2018, 05:45 AM
Silence
18 AGE
58 POSTS
X-Resident
CLASS 2

Cameron really was not one to offer compliments when they did not mean them - they also had no real need to lie here. The avian mutant sounded as if they had been through hell and back, and yet they still stood here, kind, soothing. Any other man might have been a raging ball of hatred who didn’t want anything to do with humanity or the mutants who may have got them into that situation. Their passion had been too much in the end, overtaken by so much emotion they had barely known what to do with it. It wasn’t professional, wasn’t allowed here... But Cameron had always struggled. They were a fighter, despite everything, and even in conversations it seemed to be coming through. “You’re perhaps the first to say that.” They breathed a bit more evenly now, flexing their fingers back and forth, apparently trying to remove the slight hints of pain clutching their muscles had done to such delicate things. “Journalists have to remain neutral, supposedly, but I’ve never understood why. Why do something you’re not passionate about?” They scoffed inside their own head, a strange noise because… well, they clearly weren’t sure how it was meant to sound. Sure, they could listen to everyone else - but when you hadn’t practised actually speaking in so long it was a difficult thing to do.

The cure wasn’t what they had hoped for? Cameron felt a strange feeling inside their stomach, something they couldn’t place. It had developed since then, hadn’t it? Pity… “They would never mention that. They want it to seem like some miracle, helping people.” The bitterness showed in their voice this time, shaking their head.

Still, personal questions felt a little odd to be asked during an interview of someone else… but hell, it had started to feel much more natural between them since Cameron’s little outburst. They considered how they felt about personal questions for a moment, but really, once it was asked, there was really nothing else they could do but answer. “Yes.” No hesitation. What was the point in lying when only Bas could hear you? The recorder would do nothing but give evidence against anyone but the mouthless creature that used it. “For a brief period. But I have-” If Cameron could have bitten back their words, they would have. The word was out, however, and they physically flinched, closing their eyes for a heartbeat, taking in a long, deep breath. When they opened their eyes once more, something in them had steeled. Had a brother who the cure was used upon. I saw what it did to him, against his will, and I knew I was like this for a reason. He would remind me that while my mother is deaf, she can hear me in her mind. That along is a blessing.”

Cameron did not believe in some devine maker, or a grand design… But they were like this, it had happened, and there were a great many good things to go with the awful. Sure, they didn’t often think about the positive, but they had met Quentin, they were out of the stressful spotlight… their mother’s eyes lighting up hearing them whisper. It was a little thing, but a woman who hadn’t hear her children cry before, for 20 years hearing nothing, suddenly able to hear them laugh.

I had been like poetry to them.

@bastiano de santis
PM
^
bastiano de santis
 Posted: Jul 1 2018, 11:45 PM
corvid
thirty five AGE
242 POSTS
Brotherhood
CLASS 3

The Italian mutant sipped at his wine- and arched a quiet brow at the strange sound Cameron made in his head- as he considered the younger mutant’s words. “I think it is more that one must not bend the facts to support one’s passions,” he argued after a few moments. “A journalist cannot be trusted if they cannot deliver the facts, however I have found that the news stories that affect people the most are those where one can see how strongly the reporter feels for those they are representing. That is what a journalist does, after all. They deliver facts and stories, yes, but they also represent those behind the story, makes them more than just words. Hearing and seeing a reporter’s sorrow or joy brings a certain reality to what one is viewing.” And the simple, sad fact was that many reporters did bend the facts to support their passions or viewpoints. Straight up lying was difficult to pull off in these days of social media and transparency, but it wasn’t difficult to arrange some facts and leave others out to paint a particular picture. Unfortunately, that skill was so often used against their kind.

Having a journalist on their side could be very beneficial.

“To be fair,” Bas reluctantly conceded. “Most mutants would not be as physically altered by the Cure as I was. Perhaps it is not so agonizing to everyone.” As scientists were still puzzling out how it was that mutants did what they did, it was impossible to guess how it would feel to a mutant who, for example, simply controlled an element. Would it hurt them like it had hurt him? Bas hadn’t spoken with another mutant who had gone through it to know, but gods above he remembered the agony that had ripped through him well. The change between feathers and flesh, the shift in perception, the rearranging of bone... A gentle shudder passed through the avian mutant’s body at the phantom pains the memories brought.

Bas was glad he’d turned the next question to Cameron. While they considered their answer, he brushed aside the painful memories and collected himself. When a simple, blunt “yes” was given, the Italian nodded his head in understanding. Although he hated the thought of any mutant voluntarily taking the Cure and would do all that he could to talk someone out of taking it, he still understood on some level why many considered it. When he was a younger, back in Italy, before Liam and Magneto and the Brotherhood, he might very well have considered it too.

Crest feathers flattened as he watched pain and an internal debate flit across the lovely face across from him. Although normally uncomfortable with physical touch with those he wasn’t close to, Bas felt a strange desire to reach out and touch Cameron’s pale hand to give some comfort for whatever it was the blond was remembering. But Bas didn’t trust himself to accurately read another person well enough to know if that would be welcomed or a mistake so he held back and simply sat silently to listen. His tongue made a soft click of pity and sympathetic frustration when Cameron explained. “That is...is he alright, your brother?” he asked with genuine concern. He then flinched as he realized the one specific word that answered his own question. “‘Had.’ I’m sorry, that was...I’m sorry.” Bas reached up to comb his fingers through his crest. “It sounds horrible to say after...that, but I am glad you realize you are this way for a reason. I’m sure that means a great deal to your mother.”

@Cameron Lyrall
PM
^
Cameron Lyrall
 Posted: Jul 8 2018, 12:55 PM
Silence
18 AGE
58 POSTS
X-Resident
CLASS 2

Bas was, perhaps, the most interesting person to have a conversation with. This no longer felt like just an interview, but something that could both help change things for the better and develop and odd friendship. Yes, the other was older and from a completely different world, but sometimes the greatest friendships were unexpected. Cameron watched as they were given praise for how they were feeling, something that rarely ever happened. People called the mouthless mutant’s outbursts all manner of negative things normally, so they blinked, somewhat confused. “Thank you.” They had learned early in their last career that taking compliments was necessary, and while they had at first shied away, now it was just something they accepted. They might not know if it was entirely right to assume they would be a good journalist without their professionalism, but they would hope for the better with that point of view. They supposed as long as it didn’t cause a fight with the person they were talking to (unless on film and someone they wanted to rip down), it wasn’t entirely that bad. “I hope you’re right. Even if you’re not, at least mutants will know I’m on their side. Might help them keep up their hope and fight.” Especially their fight…

Physically altered. Cameron’s eyebrows furrowed, and if they had a mouth, it would be frowning. It was hard to express themselves, but they tried their best, only able to imagine what Bas went through. The surgeon who tried to break through their lips had been bad enough, and that had been under anesthetic and painkillers had been dosed into them afterwards. “It’s changing their DNA, I’m sure it would have some negative feelings, either mentally or physically.” It had hurt their sibling in both ways, but there was no point thinking about that. Not when all this was currently trying to upset them.

Breathing was always harder when they felt choked up. Unable to breath through their mouth to calm themselves, it was a struggle to keep it sounding steady through their nose… but they just about managed it. Passion was one thing, but wanting to show a weakness like sorrow in front of Bas? No, it wasn’t allowed. “No, it’s fine.” Cameron shook their head slightly, waving their hand up and down as one might do in sign to show they were not upset - but the corners of their eyes felt slightly wet. “You can’t go back and change what happened. He’s gone, and that’s that.” While their mannerisms seemed rather cold, it was clearly just something the mouthless mutant was used to putting on. They had cared for their sibling more than they were able to express even to him, which might be something they regretted entirely. “I still have my parents back home. They don’t come to America much anymore, but they are here.” Australia was just less… scary when it came to mutants. While their parents weren’t exactly like them and their sibling, they apparently couldn’t stand to witness all the horror going on. It scared them… and since Cameron couldn’t fly without showing their face, they refused to go back.

“Do you mind if I ask you a personal question?” They looked away from the avian mutant to look at their recorder once more, turning it off and showing the other so they knew this wasn’t some trick. They had no reason to write it down, nor act as if this was a strange thing to do. “Why are you still in America? I know you are married, but why haven’t you and your other half left for somewhere… less chaotic? Less likely to kill or cure you in this fight?” Cameron wondered if it was ‘Liam’ stopping them, or if it was something more.

@bastiano de santis
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONSPages: (2) 1 2  REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Affiliates
Candyland Couture Shadowplay
UNCANNY EVOLUTION Heroes Reborn WHAT WE CHOOSE
GLITTER & GOLD Infinite Dreams