Papa's Got A Brand New Bag, Early Sept. | Tag We-Ha-Li
Liam Monroe
 Posted: Sep 29 2017, 10:46 PM
Eros
Twenty Nine AGE
116 POSTS
Brotherhood
CLASS 3

Had it really happened? Had Magneto really come to the club with business for him? Was tonight even real? Liam had to pinch himself as he rode home in the back of the car that took him back and forth no matter where he went he replayed the meeting in his mind. That Magnus would trust him with such a task... he cold hardly believe it had happened.

Of course, he had to get home. He had to share the news with his husband, who was likely at home studying. God he loved that man, he loved that man, he LOVED THAT MAN! And he loved it when he talked nerdy to him. When Adem finally came back from Greece he would have to thank his friend for convincing his husband to got to college. Bas was the sexiest nerd he knew. Bas ever wore a rather unneeded pair of glasses that the red devil had gotten him. The avian had meant them to be a joke, but now they were a staple during his study sessions. And Good God did they look sexy on him. They were just the frames and the false lenses that were in the frames that were used for marking anything needed.

As he stepped in the door and took his shoes off before venturing in further, discovering that Bas was NOT in the living room. That meant that he was stretched out in the bedroom studying. It wasn't an odd discovery since Bas decided to go back to school. And if anyone understood the stretching out with your text book, computer and notes so that you could get that degree to make a better life for yourself and those you loved it was the horned devil himself. Walking into the bedroom he smiled. "We-ha-li, guess who stopped by the club tonight and offered me that opportunity of a fucking lifetime." He led off with before answering the question without giving his beloved a chance to answer. "Magneto came in tonight and asked me to make a purchase on behalf of the Brotherhood. I'm so stoked." The red devil buzzed with excitement. He had never thought that he would be trusted with such an enormous task, but true to form Magnus knew who would be best for a job, and what their interests were. This job, purchasing the two condos and paying for their maintenance was so far up his alley that it wasn't funny. The excitement he felt would have him on a high for days. Hopefully, Bas could handle him.

@bastiano de santis
PM
^
bastiano de santis
 Posted: Oct 2 2017, 08:12 AM
corvid
thirty five AGE
228 POSTS
Brotherhood
CLASS 3

The rustle of pages, the squeak of a highlighter, and the scratching of pen on paper were the only sounds to break the silence of their apartment for the past few hours. Sitting on their bed, books and papers spread in an organized ring around him, Bas hardly even noticed the time passing, so absorbed was he in his coursework. It was all just so fascinating, as anything having to do with the past was to him. To most others, history was a bore that was avoided at all costs but not to the avian mutant. He’d been fascinated by the past from a young age. How people had lived, how they’d behaved, and most particularly how their choices had formed the world they lived in today amazed him and he couldn’t fathom why such a large portion of the population couldn’t see that. History wasn’t meant to be forgotten; it was meant to be studied and learned from.

Well, at least Liam and Adem understood, the former because he was a supportive husband like that and the latter because he shared the same interest. With them he could gush about his the topic without worrying about putting them to sleep.

And speaking of one of them…

Bas looked up from his work, the glasses Liam liked propped low on his nose, to watch as his husband hurried into the room in a flurry of excitement. Dark eyebrows rose in surprise as the corner of his mouth turned up in a fond smile. Excited energy practically radiated off of the younger man and Bas couldn’t help but think how cute he looked, his already red cheeks flushed, his bright blue eyes dancing. If there was anything that could take it his attention away from learning, it was certainly that.

The Italian set his pen aside and closed his mouth with a chuckle when Liam interrupted his attempt to guess what had the man so energized, clearly too eager to share his news to wait. “Diavolo that’s wonderful!” Bas replied with his own thrilled smile as he climbed off of their bed and moved over to his husband. Just hearing Magneto’s name made his own eyes light up and for a moment he was struck by the thought that the two of them must look like schoolboys gushing about their favorite superhero. The image sent another chuckle rumbling up his throat.

“What was the purchase?” he asked as he slid his arms over his devil’s shoulders and threaded the fingers of one hand through Liam’s blond hair.

@Liam Monroe
PM
^
Liam Monroe
 Posted: Oct 3 2017, 09:10 PM
Eros
Twenty Nine AGE
116 POSTS
Brotherhood
CLASS 3

It was hard to contain his excitement as he made his way through the house. All of the things that needed to be done ran through his mind the entire drive home from the club. He needed to set a meeting with Stacy about having the money moved over properly as well as call the Jenny girl that was going to be managing the condos once they were purchased. But first thing was first, he HAD to tell his business partner and husband. Bas had to be inform what was going on.

Seeing Bas sprawled out on the bed with the organized chaos that came with getting one's Masters' in any subject was the cutest. Even with his excitment buzzing through his body, the devilish mutant couldn't NOT recognize how sexy the avian love was. Bas was, hands down, the sexiest nerd he's ever seen. He loved the Italian more than anything in the world. He could sit and listen to Bas pontificate about what he was studying and not even be a little bored. He would even ask questions if he had them and true to form his beloved would answer them. History was fascinating when the person you loved was talking about it.

As soon as he made his announcement Bas was off the bed and wrapping his arms around the blond devil, fingers twisting into his hair. His own hands rested against an exposed area of skin at his Bas's side as he spoke. "I know. I'm so excited. He pulled away briefy to take the paperwork out of the briefcase he'd started carrying as he and Daria were dealing with opening her club, then set the case on the floor and handed Bas the papers. "It's two condos that are going to serve as a kind of communications hub as well as a safe house for Brotherhood members that are being recruited. Magnus asked that I keep it from being traced back to the Brotherhood, so it's going to be purchased through Eros Inc. and managed by Trinity's girlfriend type person, Jenny I think is her name. I just need to have a chat with Stacy about how I can explain it to the IRS before all of this happens and wait until boss man tells me it's empty." He sighed as his hands found those same exposed patches of skin. "I kept my cool in front of him of course, but it was everything I could do to manage that. I mean it took some serious willpower. I know I just about sound like a teenage girl fawning over her favorite boy band member or teen boy talking about his favorite superhero or something, but I'm supposed to be a grown man and I was literally sitting in the presence of greatness and trying not to blow it.", he said with a chuckle.

@bastiano de santis
PM
^
bastiano de santis
 Posted: Oct 8 2017, 08:18 PM
corvid
thirty five AGE
228 POSTS
Brotherhood
CLASS 3

Bas reluctantly let his husband pull away, silently wishing that his devil would just stay warm and pressed against him. He had been sitting for so long, and although his brain was fine with that his body, now that he was up and moving, wanted to do something active. With Liam acting so adorably excited and clearly filled to the brim with energy, it wasn’t difficult for him to think of a specific activity he’d like, but the focus right then was on the blonde’s good news and Bas wasn’t about to take that away from him.

Besides, knowing his lover the activity filled portion of the evening would undoubtedly come later. There were many ways to celebrate good news.

The Italian took the paperwork and his grey eyes flicked back and forth as he began scanning through the information. It wasn’t as easy for him as it was for Liam, who had gone to school to learn business and could understand the technical jargon far better than he, but he managed and certainly was able to get the jist. “You have thought about this quite thoroughly,” Bas replied as the shorter mutant returned to where he’d been, his warm hands caressing the skin at Bas’ sides once more. The Italian gave his husband a rare bright smile. “But I would expect nothing less. Magneto was right to go to you, my love. You will handle this for him perfectly.”

Bas let out a laugh when Liam described how he’d acted and felt when Magneto spoke to him. It was hilarious because he’d been the exact same! “You likely handled it better than I,” he said as he leaned forward and pressed their foreheads together briefly. “I am always so starstruck by him. When he told me he was proud to have me by his side, when he praised my devotion…” The Italian took a deep breath as his heart swelled with pride and his feathers puffed out. Before he could start doing anything as embarrassing as giggle, Bas changed the topic to one he’d been dying to speak with someone about. “I assume you noticed his...reduction in age?”

@Liam Monroe
PM
^
Liam Monroe
 Posted: Oct 15 2017, 01:41 PM
Eros
Twenty Nine AGE
116 POSTS
Brotherhood
CLASS 3

Liam wanted nothing more than to stay in Bas's embrace, but he had to show his husband the paperwork that he'd been given when he and Magneto had talked. It had been so hard not to geek out with the man sitting before him, but now that he was in the privacy of his home with the man he loved was he was going to be silly and fanboy out, as well as celebrate the huge responsibility that he had been given him by their leader in as many ways as he could think of.

Bas had a misconception about the paperwork. He hadn't drawn that up. It had been what Magnus had given him. "No, love. I didn't come up with that. Those are the condos that he wants me to purchase. In the morning I have to make a call to my real estate agent about drawing up the paperwork and get ahold of Stacy about freeing up the money to do that. That way when he gives me the signal I can pounce on it." It did make him feel good that the avian thought that Magneto had come to the right man. Honestly, he would have thought there would have been others that were just as capable as he was. "I'm honored, of course, that he thinks so highly of me. I'm going to do my best to do what he needs me to do. I even told him that all of the profit from the club were at his disposal for whatever needs were. I might have had to correct myself because I slipped and said that I can't be on the front line, and forgot to say not right away though. Nerves were high, though. I was trying not to fanboy."

His we-ha-li's laugh and talk about how he's always so starstruck made the devil smile. "You're adorable. Did you know that?"

Ah, the elephant in the room. "I did. I still knew it was him because I had seen pictures and stuff, but yeah. He does look a lot younger, and very good for his age. I only hope I look so good in my 50's. Judging by the fact that my father is an ancient, its highly probable to my understanding, but genetics are tricky." He grinned and tucked himself tightly into the embrace of his husband. "Enough aboutthe big boss. How about we order something in, break open a bottle of wine, and see where the celebration takes us? Because we have both been honored by this purchase opportunity. Our loyalty is being rewarded. Let's celebrate."

@bastiano de santis
PM
^
bastiano de santis
 Posted: Oct 26 2017, 08:40 PM
corvid
thirty five AGE
228 POSTS
Brotherhood
CLASS 3

“Ah,” Bas said simply as his mistake was gently pointed out. He was not embarrassed by his misunderstanding, not with Liam who he knew would not think him foolish. Besides, the fact that the papers in his hands were from Magneto didn’t lessen his certainty in his husband’s skills in the least. “Well I still believe you will complete the task better than anybody else he could hope to find.” And it would make the Brotherhood just that much stronger, just that much more capable to do what needed doing by supporting those willing to put everything on the line to fight for their cause. Despite popular belief, they were not monsters who lived on the blood of the innocent. They were simply people, all of them, and many weren’t as privileged as he and Liam to have a job and a home to go to. Safe houses and communication hubs were necessary for the group to survive.

When Liam offered up the profits they gained from EROS, Bastiano beamed in approval, glad that his husband believed that...as he’d also promised the same. Perhaps they should have asked each other before doing so, but as far as Bas was concerned this just showed how much they knew the other. “I’m sure he understood what you meant,” he assured the younger man, prudently keeping to himself that he would prefer the blond not to be on the front lines anyway. Liam’s gift was powerful, but in a more subtle, manipulative setting than the straight battles that came to Bas’ mind at the mention of front lines. Put his demon in the right situation, with the right people, and he could cause untold damage, but Bas would much rather his own talons, flight, and screams be set against the humans and their weapons. Of course, Liam would surely not appreciate such an opinion, so the Italian kept his lips shut.

Like a puppy eager to hear the that always excitable word “walk,” Bas watched Liam, unbearably curious to hear what the red-skinned mutant thought of Magnus’ dip in the fountain of youth. It was almost like a reverse Rip Van Winkle, a fairytale, and the avian man simply could not fathom how it was done. “I’m afraid I hadn’t a clue who he was at first,” Bas admitted. “I almost snapped at him to leave me alone before he said and did enough to reveal himself.” Which would have been mortifying had Bas not controlled the irritation he’d been feeling toward the person he assumed to be nothing more than a curious human.

Bas opened his mouth to ask Liam if he had any thoughts about how Magnus had achieved his change when his beloved brought up his ancient lineage. A cold ball of lead dropped into his stomach and his olive skin paled. Oh he’d...he’d never thought about that. Yes, he knew Azazel had lived for untold years but it had not occurred to him that his husband might inherit that from his father. Might he live for centuries as well, staying forever young? No doubt a large portion of the population would consider that a dream come true.

Not so for the husband who wouldn’t be able to keep up.

Liam pressed up against him and for a moment Bas held him tightly as he rested his chin on his husband’s head, one horn pressed against his cheek. “Yes, a celebration sounds in order,” he responded, his voice strained as it tried to work through a throat gone tight. Feeling suddenly sick but not wishing to ruin his love’s night, he placed a kiss on Liam’s hair before pulling away to move over to the bar. “This is more your night than mine,” the Italian called over as he pulled out a crystal glass and a bottle of Bourbon. “Sit and I will take care of you.” Bas kept his face tilted intentionally down at his task as he fished out a scoop of ice cubes from the freezer tucked under the bar, dropped them into the glass, and poured his lover’s favorite drink.

@Liam Monroe
PM
^
Liam Monroe
 Posted: Oct 26 2017, 10:38 PM
Eros
Twenty Nine AGE
116 POSTS
Brotherhood
CLASS 3

"I'm sure he did too, but I wanted to be sure and let him know it wasn't that I couldn't it was that I can't at the moment. Gotta find someone that can semi replace me. He sighed, still wrapping his head around what he had just seen at the club. Who had literally just walked into his place of business and offered him the opportunity of a lifetime.

Honestly, the red devil hadn't been shocked that Bas had nearly snapped at Magneto. For those that weren't familar with what he looked like as a younger man it was a natural response. "I'm not surprised, really. If I hadn't known who he was because I've been with the Brotherhood for so much of my life probably would have reacted similarly. It's only natural to respond to someone you think is being too curious. He's always had a way with words though."

He could tell that when he mentioned his sire there as a a distinct change in the mood between them. He hadn't meant for there to be anything to put a damper on their evening. He had assumed that Bas would be like most tropical birds and live a hell of a long life span and when he finally went to the other side his Diavolo would join him shortly after. Liam had already lived without his husband for over 5 years. He wouldn't do it again. Not a chance in hell would he go through that hell and know it was permanent. It was bad enough that he had done it and not known if the man he loved and was now faithfully married to would ever come back. He couldn't bring himself to go very long without the avian knowing it was for good.

As he and Bas stood holding each other for a moment Liam didn't actually think about the good news that had just been given to them. Instead he thought of the way he would end himself once Bas was gone. He's likely mourn for a few days, getting shitfaced drunk. then he would either eat a bullet or jump off a bridge. Maybe even take a drive up to Niagra and do a full gainer off the Falls. There were so many choices. When Bas mentioned getting him a drink he sat down, the images still ghosting through his mind as he heard the clinking of the ice into the glass and the uncorking of the bottle of top shelf bourbon so his we-ha-li could pour it into the glass. He felt an odd talk coming on. Bas needed to understand that Liam wouldn't allow himself to let Bas fall by the wayside in any way. Once he had glass in hand, the devilish mutant sighed. "What's got you down, baby? Talk to me. What's on your mind?" It was the best way Liam knew to get Bas to open up. Usually it worked, but it would depend on what was actually going on in his lover's head.

@bastiano de santis

This post has been edited by Liam Monroe: Oct 26 2017, 10:38 PM
PM
^
bastiano de santis
 Posted: Oct 30 2017, 07:04 PM
corvid
thirty five AGE
228 POSTS
Brotherhood
CLASS 3

He had to hold it in, to push it down. This wasn’t the time, not when his love was filled to the brim with such excitement, not when there were so many better ways to spend their evening at home.

Bas tried to tell himself this, and took a quiet, deep breath to try to force it, but the vice tightening around his chest didn’t ease. To at least appear to be fine, the Italian mutant poured himself a glass of the Bourbon as well (a wine man he might be but he could enjoy a good liquor as well on occasion) before grabbing both drinks and heading over to the couch. He paused, for just the briefest moment, to stare at the back of his Diavolo’s head, at the ruby skin of his ears and neck, the skin so like his father’s, the ancient who had lived for centuries…

Hold it in, push it down.

Glad that soft smiles were the norm for him, Bas forced his mouth to curl up just enough at the edges as he moved around the couch and placed the drinks on a set of coasters on the coffee table. Sitting, he tapped Liam’s legs and indicated for the blond to turn and stretch them over his own. With the genuine comfort that came from spending years with a person (even if those years had a break between them), the avian mutant began to run his fingers up and down the younger man’s calves, kneading the muscles simply because he knew it would feel good and he wanted to do it.

And, perhaps, he needed something to focus on besides his thoughts.
Not that his husband was fooled by that for more than a moment.

The sigh alone was enough for Bas to realize he’d been caught and he just managed to hold in his own. He wanted to lie and say that it was nothing (or, better, make up something far less serious that they could quickly discuss and discard) and that really was the plan, but something held him back, stretching the silence between them for that one second too long. It would be pointless to play it off now and the obvious attempt at a lie might simply make Liam angry.

“I…” His fingers continued to knead into those strong muscles. “I do not come from ancients,” Bas replied, voice quiet, eyes staring down at his task. “I will grow old.”

@Liam Monroe
PM
^
Liam Monroe
 Posted: Nov 10 2017, 11:15 PM
Eros
Twenty Nine AGE
116 POSTS
Brotherhood
CLASS 3

Being with Bas as long as he had (not including the time they spent apart) he could tell when something was bothering him. He also knew that there were ways to approach sensitve subjects with his husband. While he might not have wanted to talk about it, playing it off would only cause Liam to become irritated and would ruin their night. He hoped that Bas would opt to be open and honest with him. Plus, it wasn't often that his we-ha-li joined him in his indulgence of bourbon so for Bas to pour himself a glass as well, something had to be bothering him.

With his glass in hand he kicked off his dress shoes and laid his legs across those of his husband. When Bas' strong hands began kneading his calf muscles he grinned as he shimmied down so that his ass was pressed against his husband's thigh while he rubbed the red skin covered leg muscles that were actually rather sore. When he stayed at the club all night he spent a lot of time on his feet walking the floor and playing with the pheromones in the air and making people empty their wallets. He could see that Bas was hesitant. He wanted to shrug it off, but he couldn't decide the better course but in the end he told the truth.

"I know. And when you do you can play the pervy old man married to the sexy young thing, and when you go you can believe that I won't be far behind you. I've lived without you once, Bastiano Luca De Santis, and though it was temporary it gave me an insight into what it will be like for you to be gone for good. I won't do it again. I'll eat a bullet first. I'll survive you long enough to put you in the ground, then I'm right behind you to join you in whatever afterlife there is for our kind.". He leaned to the side and set his glass on the coffee table and adjusted so that he could place a hand against his beloved's face with the other on his thigh. "I know I have an immortal in my lineage. A cleaver bastard that has managed to keep himself breathing forever. While I may stop aging in my 40's and you'll keep going and leave me, I'm not going to stay in a world where you're not. I can't. Most might not think it's romantic to talk about suicide because the only person you have ever loved is gone, but I can't imagine staying here without you, we-ha-li. Not again. I can't do it. It's literally beyond my capacity to live without your again."

@bastiano de santis
PM
^
bastiano de santis
 Posted: Nov 19 2017, 10:41 PM
corvid
thirty five AGE
228 POSTS
Brotherhood
CLASS 3

Bas was often a man of few words and that didn’t change when he was uncomfortable, if anything it could grow worse. He didn’t know if his answer had been enough to convey to his husband what was bothering him. The Italian genuinely had no interest in an extended life so it was not jealousy that had him upset which many might have assumed the case. Certainly everybody else on the planet sought any method, no matter how bizarre or extreme, to help them live beyond the average human lifespan, but so long as he lived well and happily, Bas would meet his end when it came without regret. Even the thought of growing old had never overly bothered him because he’d assumed that Liam, the man he loved, would be growing old beside him.

Now it seemed that it might just be him and simply thinking that sent a pang of loneliness and fear rushing through him that was not comforted by his husband’s warm body against him or the man’s words.

Blue-grey feathers rose as Bas turned an alarmed frown on Liam, his previous concerns replaced by an entirely new, far more distressing set. “What?” One hand flew up to firmly grip the one pressed gently against his cheek as the other froze on the devil’s legs. “I--you--” For a moment, he floundered to gather his thoughts into anything coherent because was Liam insane?. “You think I want you to kill yourself when I’m gone?!” he demanded, voice rising to a pitch and strength rarely heard in the quiet mutant. “I--Liam there’s--” Once again his mouth opened and closed without producing anything helpful to the situation. Although he kept ahold of his husband’s hand, he lowered it from his face and pressed it into the couch cushion. “What am I supposed to say to that?” the Italian finally demanded, heat that came from both anger and fear making his face flush. “I’d never want you to harm yourself, not because of me.”

Feeling suddenly overwhelmed, Bas removed Liam’s legs from across his own and jumped to his feet. Wicked talons clicked against the floor as he began to pace, his agitated and ruffled feathers adding bulk to his already large frame. “It will be hard, but there is life for you beyond me. Love beyond me. This is not the same as when I was in prison. You didn’t want to betray me but I would be gone.”

@Liam Monroe
PM
^
Liam Monroe
 Posted: Dec 7 2017, 09:30 PM
Eros
Twenty Nine AGE
116 POSTS
Brotherhood
CLASS 3

The devilish mutant could understand that his husband would be upset by what he had just said. Honestly, it wasn't something that he had ever planned on sharing with Bas. He loved his husband to the point that there was nothing for him beyond Bas' death. There was nothing beyond him. There was no one that could fit into the massive hole that would be in his chest once Bas passed away, when that finally happened. And most of all, he couldn't imagine living the life that his own biological father had lived for so long. Azazel had several millenia under his belt and that wasn't something that he could picture for himself. Millenia upon millenia without a family to call his own, no one that he could settle down with and while away the years. Only a mortal enemy that could be held over his head by anyone he bothered to expose her existence to and at least one son that wasn't sure what he wanted his relationship with the demon to be like.

So, when he saw Bas' crest rise in surprise he couldn't say that he was surprised, even less so that his husband needed some space with what was being discussed. He just hoped that he could make Bas understand that there wasn't anything for him in the eternity that could end up being his life span. He knew that this conversation could easily blow up if he allowed himself to blow up. With a deep breath he spoke once Bas was done. "Bas, I understand what you're saying. Now, I need you to understand, I have nothing in this life without you. I look at Azazel, he's lived forever but what does he really have in this life? He has countless children throughout time, myself included, but no family. Then there's my brother Kurt that has his love and may never have to ever life without him. They could go on forever together. When you leave this Earth, do you understand that you pretty much take my spirit with you? All that has to follow is the body, which without you being physically is a hollow husk. I've seen people learn to live without their significant other and I know that it's possible. I get that. But, I would much rather have a handful of wonderful years with you on this planet than an eternity without you on it. I can't fathom living as long as my Father has and not be able to find something that's going to compare to what I have with you right now. I know it's hard to understand but I can't live that life once I've had true love and even a smidge of happiness in my life as it is. I don't know how else to explain it, we-ha-li." He stood and walked over to where his husband stood, hands in his pockets. "I know it's probably not what you want to hear, but I love you too much to try to figure out what could be near eternity without you Bas. I can't wrap my mind around a world that will never again have you in it, and that's not an eternity I can live in."

@bastiano de santis
PM
^
bastiano de santis
 Posted: Dec 13 2017, 09:14 PM
corvid
thirty five AGE
228 POSTS
Brotherhood
CLASS 3

The deep breath was enough to tell Bas that his husband was readying an argument. It made his already frazzled emotions flare along with his feathers, but he held his tongue behind his pursed lips and waited to hear how on earth Liam was going to argue that killing himself was alright and that Bas should give his blessing. As far as he was concerned, there was nothing that could possibly be said to change his mind on the subject...and yet his husband gave it quite the try.

“But that’s--” The avian mutant cut himself off and looked away, turning his disapproving frown to the floor as his first argument died on his lips. Liam was right about his father. From everything that Bas had learned about Azazel, from the man himself and from his conversations with Liam, the immortal teleporter had everything he could want in life except for the family he tried so hard to create. He had children, Liam’s and his siblings’ presences were proof of that, but they weren’t a family, not Azazel’s family. “But...but you aren’t him,” he argued, voice feeble at first then growing in strength as his grey eyes rose from the floor. “It is not his immortality that ruins his families, it is him. He makes enemies wherever he goes because of the poor choices he makes. You could live a hundred wonderful lifetimes with a hundred wonderful people because you are you.” A man who was wonderful in so many ways and who could easily find love again. Liam was his and his alone right now and for as long as he lived, but once Bas was gone he would want that to change, would give his blessing here and now for it.

Bas’ shoulders hunched in distress as he fought to find further words. He just couldn’t accept Liam’s choice, because the thought of anything happening to his beloved made him ache inside. The fact that the threat to his Diavolo was the red-skinned man himself left him split. He watched as the blonde stood and moved to stand in front of him, the gap between them feeling like a mile because they weren’t touching and Bas wanted to touch, to feel, to be given comfort in his distress. Yet he didn’t reach out because at the same time he didn’t want to be soothed. There was anger beneath the worry along with frustration and fear and he felt justified for it all. Liam could make the prettier argument but Bas knew that he, not his husband, was right in this. Death was not the answer, it couldn’t be. Once upon a time he’d thought it was but he knew better now and that...that had been different.

“I--” His grey eyes darted around as if to seek inspiration for the words he couldn’t seem to form. “I--”

@Liam Monroe
PM
^
Liam Monroe
 Posted: Jan 13 2018, 04:15 AM
Eros
Twenty Nine AGE
116 POSTS
Brotherhood
CLASS 3

Bas was correct. It wasn't Azazel's long life that ruined his relationships and families. It was him, some how, some way. Liam wasn't a fool. But there were things that his husband needed to understand. One of those was that the red devil understood his own nature well enough that he knew that without Bas there to keep him in check he had a very high likelihood of going down a similar path to his father. He could understand that Bas would never want that for him, but he would also never want him to kill himself.

"Bas, I understand that Azazel is the reason that he has no actually family that he can hold and call his own. But, you should also understand me well enough to know that me with an eternity on my hands and no you means that I will likely get into a lot more trouble than I could get myself out of. You think the club just being barely legal will stay that way if I'm left to my own devices? My side hustle that supports us right now because all of the money for that club goes into an offshore fund for the Brotherhood? That's likely to become a lot less legal because playing by the rules, with no hope of coming home to you every night, is going to become less and less compelling. And I don't want anyone else, we-ha-li. Ever. If there were a way to keep you with me forever, I would love to find it, because I can't fathom the thought of you leaving me for good and staying on this planet trying to play by the rules. There were times while you were in prison that i really wondered if you were still alive. Had I found anything to the contrary it would have been all she wrote. I see what Adem is going through even after his darling wife has been gone for as long as she has, however long it has been because I'm honestly not sure, but I can't imagine why he didn't go right behind her. He's doing a great deal of good for people like us, but I can't say that I'll be able to keep doing that. I'm doing what I can in my little corner, but I won't have a reason to care anymore.

Was he really trying to justify this? Even in his head a lot of what he was saying sounded slightly ludicrous. And he wanted so desperately to reach out and touch Bas, knowing that the man was conflicted. Maybe if he... he sighed. Could he really let himself even consider staying on the planet with Bas gone and it sound sincere. The blonde devil could understand that his husband was dead set against it and why. With another deep sigh the devilsh mutant spoke again. "Look Bas, I understand why you're against this choice. So, I will promise you this instead and this isn't just lip service. I'm not just saying this to give you peace or to make you happy. I really do mean this. When the time comes that you leave me behind on this Earth, I will try to move past your death and keep going, to find someone new." He had left the club early because he wanted to celebrate them being asked to bankroll a new venture for the Brotherhood. He never fathomed that they would be having the conversation they were having when he called his driver to take him home. But, it was a conversation that would eventually come up and if he had to promise that he would try once Bas left him, then that was what he would do. However, he wasn't going to promise that he would never put himself out of his misery. Considering the way things were going if their mission made no difference, he may just have to so that he didn't have to see the fall out of their actions. Was he going to say that outloud? Not a chance.

However, he would continue with, "I hate seeing you upset, or melancholy for any reason, babe. So, I know that my desire not to live without you is distressing and I'll make whatever promise you want me to make to put your mind at ease and mean it. Once I give you my word you know I won't break it."

@bastiano de santis
PM
^
bastiano de santis
 Posted: Jan 22 2018, 07:19 PM
corvid
thirty five AGE
228 POSTS
Brotherhood
CLASS 3

Liam had always been slick and good with his words and now proved to be no different. Bas wanted to but couldn’t deny that Liam could very easily get into more trouble than he could get himself out of if left to his own devices. He was smart, attractive, thrived on challenges, and had a moral compass that hadn’t often pointed north very often before he and Bas became serious. Bas did not think himself an angel by any means, but, looking back over the past decade, he had to say that Liam had changed a lot. Was it solely because of him? Without him would Liam regress? The red-skinned mutant clearly thought so.

Bas felt his agitation begin to shift to exhausted defeat. His feathers slowly lowered and his shoulders sagged as his grey eyes held blue. The way Liam spoke of them, of how his Diavolo felt toward him, was the sort of thing he so often loved to hear. Normally, such words warmed his heart in a way he’d never thought would be for him and with his anger retreating it filled him with a measure of sad comfort and he finally couldn’t stand the distance between them.

As he stepped forward, Bas’ hand rose to settle gently against his husband’s cheek. “I would never wish for you to live unhappily,” he began, his voice rough from the emotion still lingering from their fight. “But I’d also never wish for you to give up a lifetime of living because of a brief bit of misery.” He leaned forward to place a soft kiss on Liam’s mouth to cut off any arguments. “I know, you don’t believe it will be brief and if it proves that you are right then you do as you must.” Although he was the larger of the two, as the avian mutant wrapped his arms around his beloved and leaned forward to rest his chin on the smaller man’s shoulder it was clear that he was the one seeking rather than giving comfort.

“Thank you. I…” He shook his head just a little before he nuzzled into the warmth of Liam’s neck. “Nevermind. Thank you.”

@Liam Monroe
PM
^
Liam Monroe
 Posted: Mar 20 2018, 02:26 PM
Eros
Twenty Nine AGE
116 POSTS
Brotherhood
CLASS 3

The man that Liam Monroe had become since he and his husband had gotten together was very different from the one he was before. But, Liam also knew his limitations. He knew what he was capable of when he had no one to bridle him; no one to temper him. He'd never really been ill tempered until Bas went to prison. Between his mother's constant telling him to mind his temper and his own desire to control his powers he learned to learned to temper himself. Rarely allowing himself to let his temper get the better of him, he learned to solve problems using his powers and the art of persuasion. Until he heard the name Magneto and joined the Brotherhood. Then he let his temper run wild, being the perfect instigator for fight or an orgy- depending on what was called for. Then he met Bas. They had been inseparable and the blond devil developed a better sense of right and wrong. Then prison and Liam went off the deep end. It has taken Raven to pull him back. Raven pulled him out of his self-destructive pattern and made him get sober. And Bas had only been in prison. If Bas were to have died instead? The devilish mutant liked to think he could have been strong and NOT told Magneto and the Brotherhood to suck his dick and run off to join whatever enemy was greater, that he could have weathered the storm and stayed faithful to the cause and not blamed their Leader. But, he knew himself better than anyone other than Bas. He knew that there was no way he could have stayed without Bas. He would have gone on the proverbial warpath and it would have become his personal mission to bring down the Brotherhood of Mutants.

Even though there were inches between the two men, it felt like miles. He wanted to reach out, to hold his avian love in this time of distress for both of them, but he knew that Bas needed to make the first move. When Bas' hand rose to his cheek, the blue eyed devil pressed his own hand to the back of the hand on his skin. Even as they kissed briefly so that Liam couldn't offer an argument then the taller man wrapped himself around him Liam sighed. "I don't know what you're thanking me for, but you're welcome, we-ha-li. You know I'll do whatever you ask of me so long as I make you happy."

After standing and holding his husband for several long moments Liam spoke again. "Have you eaten recently, Bas? I don't know about you, but I'm starving. I haven't eaten since I stopped for breakfast this morning before my meeting at the warehouse." Yes, he was trying to change the subject but he was also actually really hungry. Eating something might make it possible to change the mood from melancholy to celebratory again. It was a good day. Their little club was being used to support something they both believed in.

OOC: Sorry this took so long to get back to you. I wanted to make sure that I gave you a well though out post, not something half-assed.

@bastiano de santis
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Affiliates
Candyland Couture Shadowplay
Age of Heroes We Are Warriors UNCANNY EVOLUTION
Heroes Reborn WHAT WE CHOOSE GLITTER & GOLD