All These Parts Of Me, Tag Azazel
Clarice Ferguson
 Posted: Sep 4 2017, 01:12 PM
Blink
21 AGE
353 POSTS
Morlock
CLASS 4

Taking a deep breath, Elle was pacing around her private room at the Lighthouse. After she'd moved in with Drew she'd still kept the room for herself (it was a nice little corner suite, she wasn't giving that up) but only really used it for emergencies or if she needed a quiet and neutral place to meet with someone. She'd redecorated it so it was less of 'her' bedroom and more of her space. There was still a bed against one of the walls with plush pillows and a down comforter, but there was also a small kitchen and breakfast bar, a bathroom in the far corner, and a nice table and desk in the room. It still certainly held all the signs of belonging to the tiny elf, but she had moved all of her personal belongings out of here the day her and Drew had gotten the keys to their apartment.

She was currently waiting for the familiar cloud of red smoke to fill the room, which was the source of her visible anxiety. She'd called her dad this morning to ask if he could meet her here this afternoon becasue she'd wanted to talk to him about something and the anticipation was starting to get to her.

BAMF

Red smoke and the scent of sulfur invaded the space but Elle acted as if it was the most natural thing in the world as she turned and saw the red skinned man standing there. "Hi dad." Elle smiled, moving forward to give him a hug. It was still a new thing for her, to have a real father in her life, and though they were both still getting used to the change she thought that they were at least figuring it out fairly well. "Thank you for coming over, I know it was short notice." Elle knew he was often busy and tried to plan time to spend with him at least a couple days in advance, but she was glad he had made the time for her today.

Biting her lower lip, Elle moved nervously towards the kitchen. "Do you want something? I um, I think I might have some tea in the cupboard. Or there's coffee." She offered, suddenly suffering from a lack of confidence in talking to her father about the reason she'd called him here.

PM EMAIL
^
Azazel
 Posted: Sep 9 2017, 07:56 AM
Azazel
Biblical AGE
164 POSTS
Unaffiliated
CLASS 3

Azazel had never before been to the place that he was to meet his daughter Elle at. He knew though that it was not the place that she lived with her boyfriend, Drew. Azazel knew where they lived. Azazel had not met the young man yet, holding off from popping in on him, to appease his daughter. Letting her set the pace for things and deciding when she was ready for her boyfriend to meet her biological father. It was rather uncharacteristic of him, but he wanted to please his daughter. It was enough for him to not indulge in the impulsive urges of secretly meeting the young man, though the temptation was strong.

It was a casual day for Azazel and he would forego his usual dark business suit for a leather jacket, royal blue button down shirt, and jeans with his dark Italian leather boots. While he had a normal sense of style that he tried to maintain in public, this was for his daughter and he didn’t feel the need to dress to impress. Running a hand thru his hair as he looked in the mirror, he realized he was a bit vain and the thought made him chuckle darkly to himself. And then he was gone.

BAMF

A smile spread across Azazel’s face at Elle’s greeting. ‘Dad’ what a strange appellation, Azazel wasn’t actually sure if he would get used to such nomenclature. Though he did relish the time he was afforded with his daughter. It did not make up for the past stolen from them, but it helped that the effort was being made to reconnect and establish a relationship now. Not that Azazel was really the fatherly type, but he wanted to know his daughter, to have a deeper connection with the woman his little girl had grown to be.

Wrapping his arms around Elle, his tail swished back and forth, he hugged his daughter warmly. “It is always a pleasure to hear from you. You can call on me anytime, notice or not, moy malen’kiy imp*,” he offered reassuringly in his thick Russian accent.

Azazel slowly followed his daughter as Elle went into the kitchen. “Coffee is fine, I don’t usually enjoy tea,” he said with a smile. “What is wrong, moy malen’kiy imp*? You seem nervous, is something wrong?” he asked concern crossing his features and tingeing his voice. “Would you like to come and sit down? You don’t have to play the polite hostess for me. I am your father not the nosy neighbor,” he said with a light chuckle, trying to help put Elle at ease.

(* Translation – my little imp.)

@Ceri

PM EMAIL G-TALKAOL
^
Clarice Ferguson
 Posted: Sep 24 2017, 10:50 AM
Blink
21 AGE
353 POSTS
Morlock
CLASS 4

It was easier for the young woman to work through her nerves when she had something to do with her hands. She knew she didn't need to get her father anything and really, politeness for the sake of being polite wasn't her style, but it helped to be moving right then instead of sitting under Azazel's stare.

She smiled a little at the pet name, it had taken her a few tries at google translate to figure out what he was saying once he'd begun to use the endearment around her. Maybe one day she'd get him to teach her Russian, or simply learn Russian on her own and surprise him. She had plenty of free time and should probably do something more educational with her free time anyways. She'd always felt a little self-conscious about never finishing high school.

Turning on the electric kettle, Elle prepped the french press they had in the cupboard. She was never up early enough to be the one to make the coffee but she'd watched Drew do it plenty. "Nothing's wrong, no..." Shaking her head as the kettle went off, Elle slowly poured the steaming water over the grounds and put the lid on the press to let them steep.

"Take the mugs?" Elle asked as if she didn't hear him, handing him two empty ceramic mugs to bring over to the table. There was already a small jar of sugar there and Elle soon followed after her father with the press and a thing of cream. She didn't know why she was so insistent on them having coffee or playing hostess like this. It felt weird to her, but then again, maybe it was just the seriousness of the conversation she was wanting to have that was getting to her.

Sitting down, Elle bit her lip, "I'm nervous... about why I asked you here." She admitted, letting out a bit of a frustrated huff at herself for how she was acting. "Being able to get to know you has been wonderful and I'm glad you found me and took a chance on telling me who you were... but," She didn't want him to think she wasn't grateful for all of that, she was. Getting to know her real father, even if he admittedly wasn't really the fatherly type, had helped some of her scars start to heal. "were you ever going to tell me who my mother is? I think I deserve to know."

PM EMAIL
^
Azazel
 Posted: Oct 4 2017, 05:12 AM
Azazel
Biblical AGE
164 POSTS
Unaffiliated
CLASS 3

Azazel watched as Elle tried to busy herself with preparing something for them to drink. Her nervousness was easy to read even without touching her mind. It seemed more the unsure kind of nervousness rather than she was in danger kind of thing, so that helped Azazel relax a bit and let her come to it in her own time. He took the mugs she handed him and moved over to the table, setting them down. Like a proper gentleman, Azazel pulled out Elle’s chair for her so she could set everything down on the table and have a seat. After Elle sat down, Azazel took his seat.

Azazel just nodded and paid attention as his daughter tried to get to the point of why she called him. He knew it was a growing curiosity she had and that this day was coming, but that wasn’t going to make it any easier on either of them. To interrupt or blurt out that he knew what she wanted to know would give away that he tended to lightly touch upon her mind, like he did with everyone he had interactions with. He tried to be good about not invading his daughter’s privacy, but staying in touch with someone’s mind while he talked with them was a long time habit for centuries now.

Azazel listened, the anticipation growing a bit as Elle told him she was glad for the chance to get to know him. Azazel knew there was a big ‘BUT’ at the end of that thought though. Then she said it and it was out there in the open. She wanted to know who her mother was. This was not an easy question and one that could lead to many others that he could not necessarily answer. It placed him on the razor’s edge; with loyalty to the woman he loved on one side and his growing relationship with his daughter upon the other.

Azazel had to think for a moment, this was potentially dangerous territory. “Hmm… your mother…” he haltingly stated for a moment. As he pondered the options here, and started to speak, he stroked his chin for a moment distractedly. “Your mother moy malen’kiy imp* is… complicated,” he said rather politically with a slight chuckle. “Do not get me wrong, I love her fiercely with a fiery passion that I never thought I could feel for any single person,” he began carefully. “She is strong willed, determined, and can be quite stubborn at times. She does things purposefully and is not prone to impulsive actions typically. Though others might not understand she has her reasons for what she does. Right or wrong, it is not done without thought and purpose, unlike myself who tends to be rather impulsive,” he finished with a chuckle at his own nature.

Azazel shook his head for a moment and looked at his daughter. “I want to be honest with you. You deserve that. But I am not sure it is my place to reveal such things to you if she has chosen to not do so herself,” he said a bit evasively. “I have to assume she has her reasons,” he added.

(* Translation – my little imp.)

@Ceri

PM EMAIL G-TALKAOL
^
Clarice Ferguson
 Posted: Dec 27 2017, 08:02 PM
Blink
21 AGE
353 POSTS
Morlock
CLASS 4

Elle was waiting somewhat impatiently for his response to her question. He had to know this was coming sooner rather than later. Elle had hinted at it a few times before but this was really the first time she'd directly asked him to tell her who the woman was.

Azazel seemed to hesitate like he was contemplating just how to approach it. His initial answer only served to get a sassy brow raise from the purple elf. She was dating a politician. Elle knew how to spot the approach of his words immediately and the distraction he was trying to weave with describing the woman that he had compared her to more than once. Even if Blink's impulsive and playful behavior came from her father, he had often attributed her strong will and stubbornness solely to the woman he was keeping a secret from her.

"So you're still in contact with her? Does she know you've told me you're my father?" Elle surmized, not sure if she was annoyed or not at the thought that Azazel was still in contact with the woman and yet Elle was still in the dark about who she even was.

Keeping her emerald eyes on her father, the nerves that Elle had been displaying initially at the beginning of the conversation were all gone now and replaced with a mixture of stubborn annoyance and determination. "You're right, I do deserve to know who she is." The elf repeated after him. "I found out that the family that raised me was a lie and I've found you, and I've found Kurt, but I deserve to know who my mother is. I deserve to know a lot more than that, but she's the only one that can answer them."

The answer that her mother 'has her reasons' just wasn't enough for her. "She abandoned me I think I at least should be able to know her name." She didn't care what her mother wanted because what Elle would have wanted (and still wanted) didn't seem to be something that this mystery woman cared about. Even if she wanted nothing to do with Elle, Elle still needed to know who her mother was.

PM EMAIL
^
Azazel
 Posted: Jan 1 2018, 03:18 AM
Azazel
Biblical AGE
164 POSTS
Unaffiliated
CLASS 3

Azazel looked down for a moment at his hands avoiding looking at Elle in the eyes. It was a very rare and possibly the first time he had ever really felt a little ashamed about anything he had done. “I am,” he replied in an even rarer moment of truth and directness about still being in contact with her. “I love her deeply and we see each other as often as possible,” he admitted to his daughter. Looking back up he met his daughter’s gaze. “She does know about you and I. Not only that I have told you that I am your father, but that I am working on establishing a relationship with the daughter that circumstance stole from me,” Azazel told Elle, a look of pride to his face over having a daughter such as her.

Azazel couldn’t be prouder of the fire and determination Elle was showing. It brought a smile to his face as he gazed at her, appraising the situation and thinking about what she was saying. “You deserve the world,” he told her like the indulgent father he was. “I can give you many things and show you so many wonders. But what you are asking is perhaps the hardest thing of all,” he confessed.

Azazel’s tail began to twitch and sway behind him. “I have talked with your mother about this very thing,” he informed Elle, his tone holding a bit of exasperation to it. “To be blunt, I have argued to her that it is past time for this charade to end. That you will no longer be endangered if it was discovered who your mother is,” he said with just a hint of conspiratorial tone to his voice.

At Elle’s demand that she should at least know her mother’s name, a wicked thought came to Azazel’s mind. With a mischievous glint coming to his eyes and a fang toothed grin slowly spreading across his face he looked intently at his feisty daughter. The look he had was that of the old trickster, the tempter devil and grand deceiver of myths. It was the very thing that often made others question if he really was the devil himself.

BAMF

Suddenly Azazel was gone from his chair and the next instant was standing behind his Elle. His tail swaying back and forth like an excited cat, he grasped his daughter by the shoulders and leaned down to softly whisper to her. “Do you trust me?”

@Ceri

PM EMAIL G-TALKAOL
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Affiliates