Paige Guthrie
 Posted: Oct 7 2017, 02:42 AM
Husk
Twenty-four AGE
186 POSTS
Marauders
CLASS 3

Mid-September 2017... Outfit

The idea had been in mind for some time now to get a tattoo and see if she could actually keep it once it was done. But with knowing that it was something that would be on her for the rest of her life if it stuck, she didn’t want just any random thing. Paige wasn’t impulsive like that, even if she was quick to react to something in anger, and had wanted to put thought into what she would want. Because even if part of her was unsure if her mutation of husking her skin would make it vanish upon the first time after it’s done, or if it faded quickly if not right away, it was better to at least plan ahead just in case it worked and never went away. After all, she didn’t want to have something that hundreds of other people had too because of seeing it on the wall of a shop while out drunk with their friends. So for the last few months she had been looking at pictures and making little drawings of ideas that came to her.

And after at least narrowing down to two possible ideas and a location of where she wanted it, Paige figured it was probably a good idea to get an artist’s outlook on it and get their opinion. Especially to see if one could possible see what she’s looking for and design something if possible since she wasn’t the greatest of artists out there. Sure she knew how to doodle and could draw little basic comic like things… but in no way was she good enough to want one of her own things tattooed upon her skin. Of course, not having any idea of where she should even go to get it done, she decided to take her day off and go hunting around the city to see what her options were.

Though so far, after pulling away from the second shop she had found to see what kind of place it was and the work they did, Paige wasn’t finding them too promising yet and hoped she wasn’t going to search all day.

So as she pulled up on her bike to park in front of another shop she spotted while driving by, she looked up at the sign that read Leviticus Ink and was hoping this one would be better than the last two. Even silently thinking to herself, “Third time's the charm I hope,” while climbing off and walking up and in through the front door. And thankfully, what she saw of the decor was far more promising than that of the other two had been. Looking far more clean and professional as she gave a look around while letting the door close behind her. Spotting a few framed artwork on the walls that had her eyes lingering on it as she heard somebody from the back area saying they would be right with her after the buzzing sound of the machine fell silent. Giving a nod without actually looking to see who was addressing her.

@Ceri
PM
^
Kohl Davis
 Posted: Oct 15 2017, 05:01 PM
Vertigo
25 AGE
217 POSTS
Brotherhood
CLASS 3

Truthfully, Kohl knew that within the city there were definitely much nicer places to get your ink done. There were 'famous' shops and those who raked in the big bucks simply because celebrities liked to go there. Within Brooklyn though he really wasn't sure there was a better place than the one he worked for. It had been one of the reasons he'd decided to come here when he first rolled in from South Carolina to see what he could do to get trained and liscensed. It was a smaller shop for sure but Zeke, the owner, took a lot of pride in the establishment and always made sure it looked nothing like a lot of the other places you might find around the area.

Despite the many lapses in active employment thanks to his now (hopefully) under control drug issues, it was why Kohl kept coming back here to work. That, and the fact that Zeke always took him back. God knew why, but Kohl knew enough not to question the many chances that his boss kept giving him.

Today was a particularly slow day and aside from the guy he was working on now, he didn't actually have any other appointments and so he'd told the other artist to just go home early and that he'd close shop in a few hours. Almost done when he heard the bell on the door ring, Kohl called out to the new customer he'd be right out. Finishing up the shading that they'd slotted time to do today, Kohl cleaned up his client and dressed the fresh ink and let him get himself settled before showing him to the front.

"--just a couple more sessions should do it I think." Kohl could be heard telling the man that walked out with him as the curtain opened. Getting to the front desk, Kohl started getting the payment all taken care of while handing the customer some supplies. "You know the care routine by now I hope." He joked, handing back the man's card and waiting for him to sign before shaking his hand, "I'll see you next time you roll into town, Derek. Just give me a bit more than a days notice this time."

Once his regular was gone, Kohl turned his attention to the pretty brunette who was looking around the shop. "First time?" He guessed, judging mostly by how she was looking around at everything right now. "What can I help you with?"

PM EMAIL
^
Paige Guthrie
 Posted: Oct 22 2017, 03:44 AM
Husk
Twenty-four AGE
186 POSTS
Marauders
CLASS 3

Paige wouldn’t exactly say that she was a rubbernecker, but it was a habit to listen in a bit on conversations around her. After all, with her training it was kind of out of habit now to be aware of her surroundings and eavesdrop in case she could hear something useful or interesting. So as the sound of the machine went silent and she could hear talking, she was listening while still looking at the artwork on the walls. Waiting for when the two were done talking to finally turn her attention towards the artist as the one named Derek was saying goodbye and walking out. When she turned around and looked towards the front desk and the man behind it though, Paige found herself a little surprised at seeing he didn’t look anything like the last ones she had seen in the other shops.

In fact, for a moment she found him too attractive to be a tattoo artist in this part of town.

Which made her faintly smile in finding that not a bad thing. Because if he was as talented as he was attractive, she was sure she found the right place to get her first tattoo. Chuckling and smiling a bit more when he asked her if this was her first time. “How could you tell? Have an eye for virgins of sorts?” Paige asked with a slight flirting tone while she was stepping up to the front desk.

And with his question of what he could help her with, she unzipped her leather jacket while giving a nod. “I was looking to get some opinions, possibly even a design drawn up for me as well as pricey on a tattoo I have been thinking about getting,” she answered while reaching into her jacket to pull up the papers she had drawn her doodles on about the ideas she was after. Setting them down on the desk between them for him to see. “I know that they are simple, and smaller than what I have actually in mind, but these are just rough sketches I did. So I’m hoping for something better since I’m not the greatest artist or anything. ” Looking up at the artist with a smile after spreading out the paper for him to get a good look at the drawings.

@Ceri

PM
^
Kohl Davis
 Posted: Dec 22 2017, 05:47 PM
Vertigo
25 AGE
217 POSTS
Brotherhood
CLASS 3

Wearing a coy smile, Kohl laughed a bit at the comment as he leaned forward on the front desk. "Of sorts." The fact that she looked like a lost little deer kind of helped him figure it out. Most of the people that came in here and had been through the whole process before didn't even bother looking at the walls where they showed off some of their best work.

The sound of her unzipping her jacket drew his attention for a split second as to what was underneath the leather before he remembered he needed to at least attempt to be professional here. [i][/i] Nodding, Kohl took the samples she laid out at glanced at them. "Sure." The idea seemed simple enough, probably basic black line art with the possibility of small additions of color depending on what she was going for. She at least seemed to have thought out what she was looking to get which was always refreshing for first timers. Some came in expecting the artist to work off a minimal description right then and there which Kohl wasn't a fan of.

Shuffling through the papers, Kohl didn't see why they couldn't hammer out the details now and get her ready for an appointment. He didn't have anyone else scheduled to come in. "Well, I don't have any other appointments today, we can have a consult to figure out the design and go from there." He offered, looking up at her with his best attempt at a charming grin. Standing up straight now, he offered his hand to her. "I'm Kohl, by the way, and you are?"

"Come on back." Once he had her name and had introduced himself, Kohl led her to his area and had her sit in the chair while he set the drawings down on the side table. Grabbing a binder, he handed it to her. "Here's some samples of my work if you want to take a look. Some people like to make sure my style is up to their standards." Her design wasn't really going to be so much dependent on artistic style, but he figured as a first timer it might help her be sure that he wasn't going to screw up her ink.

Sitting down on the rolling chair next to her, Kohl brought a notepad with him and a couple other things to make sure he could get a clear picture on just what ideas she had floating in her head. "So tell me about what you're looking to have done."

PM EMAIL
^
Paige Guthrie
 Posted: Jan 9 2018, 04:49 AM
Husk
Twenty-four AGE
186 POSTS
Marauders
CLASS 3

Maybe it was his smile, or his laugh, or the fact that he was really attractive, but as he answered with saying of sorts Paige laughed in reply. Even noticing how his eyes couldn’t help but glance down at her while she was retrieving her sketches, making her smirk a bit but saying nothing about it as she was placing the papers upon the desk for him. After all, she didn’t really mind since she had just been flirting a bit with the virgin comment. Which even caused her to glance up at him and watch for a few seconds as he was looking through the sketches and doodles of what her ideas were. Not being able to help note even more his features while she could without him noticing her gawking for just a second. Of course, one couldn’t blame her really for finding him attractive.

But silently she was also hoping the doodles were enough to go off of and was curious to see what kind of work he did, so when he said they could do the consulting today she was glad and gave a nod. “That would be great.” Smiling in return when he looked up and offered his hand with a grin. “Paige,” she greeted in return with shaking his hand.

And with introductions done, leaving a warm phantom like touch upon her hand from his, she gave another nod and followed Kohl towards the back and into his work station. Even taking a seat where gestured to and making herself comfortable before accepting the binder he was handing her. Giving a nod in understanding how somebody would want to know the skills of the one that was going to work on them as she opened the binder to start looking through. And from what she was seeing already just from the first two pages, Paige was sure that he would be able to handle something as simple yet intricate as she was looking for. Even more so with continuing a few more pages and seeing more of his work both simple and very detailed and attention grabbing.

Though, what she was looking for would need to be narrowed down; only knowing for sure the area where she was wishing to have it. “Well,” Paige began while looking up from the pictures within the binder. “I want something intricate since I’m not going small, but I don’t want it too large either so not too much detail where it will eventually blur together. Not much color if any either, thinking just black maybe dark brown if you think that would be good. But for sure I know that I’m looking to have it along my lower back and wrapping around the hips to the front.”

@Ceri

PM
^
Kohl Davis
 Posted: Jan 12 2018, 10:17 PM
Vertigo
25 AGE
217 POSTS
Brotherhood
CLASS 3

Kohl was examining the drawings she'd given him and trying to picture in his mind how he wanted to re-draw them as she looked at his binder. He didn't usually do delicate line work like this. Most of his clients that were recommended to him came for bold, colorful, and detailed, but that didn't mean he wasn't interested. Kohl could use with something a little different to work on and showcase in his binder... plus it would mean getting to spend more time with the brunette knockout currently in his chair.

Listening to her thoughts, Kohl mulled the ideas over for a moment. "Brown would be okay if you were trying to make it look a little more like henna, though looking at your concept images I'd go with black." Which from how she was talking seemed to be what she wanted anyways. Black was always the safe choice. It looked good on anyone and with any design but he wondered if he could hook her on something a little different.

"Have you looked at white ink in tattoos?" Kohl asked her curiously, not really sure how much she'd been looking around versus just imagining it. White ink wasn't super popular though it was gaining traction in the last couple years. "I think if we did black for the majority of it and then used white for accenting certain details, it could turn out pretty cool. The white would add to the intricate nature of the tattoo without making the lines crowd. Plus the white would look great on your skin tone." He flashed her a bit of a flirtatious smirk, really not above flirting with a client. Especially not one as hot as her.

Putting the pen he'd been holding behind his ear, Kohl rolled his chair a little closer to her. "Can you show me how big you're thinking? And how far you want it to wrap around?" He needed to know how much space he was going to have to work with, not to mention what he wanted to do for the parts that would wrap around front.

Dee
PM EMAIL
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Affiliates