Falling Back to Earth, Tag: Serah
Jude Tanner
 Posted: May 16 2018, 07:11 PM
Prophet
16 AGE
30 POSTS
X-Resident
CLASS 2

Jude’s adjustment to the school had been going a little bit better than she thought it was going to be. She had honestly thought that it was going to be kind of a disaster, especially since it wasn’t just her first adventure she was having in the real world but she was finding out a lot of things. Her brothers were both a live and well. She was a mutant. There was a whole school full of mutants and she was going to be living at it, at least for a while. It was a lot to take in and she had been a little worried that she was going to have a hard time adjusting.

Thankfully Jake had foreseen how difficult it was going to be. Probably because he had one through similar stuff and had set it up so that she wasn’t sharing a room. It was good for her to have a quiet place she could do when she was overstimulated. Which happened more often than she would have liked. She wanted to be normal, but she was having a hard time being around so many different people who weren’t nearly as subdued as her family had been.

There was still all the things for a second girl in her room that reminded her that it might only be temporary, but she didn’t care. She had always shared a room with at least one other person, she didn’t think it would be too traumatic to have to do it again, even if she did really like having a quiet place. She was hoping that by the time a roommate moved in she wouldn’t need to have such a quiet place.

Her day was just starting and had been pretty quiet. Probably because she had just woken up and spent the first part of it cleaning her room and getting dressed and ready to go out. Even if she didn’t have her mother telling her she had to make herself look as perfect as possible she still felt like she had to. Maybe someday she would be able to leave her room without her hair and make up done, but right now if she tried it she would have felt like she was walking around naked and that was something she would never do.

Everything was done and it was time for to leave her room. She left her room and when she turned to go down the hall way she saw something she had only seen in countless paintings, something she never thought she would get to see in real life.

An angel.

There was an honest to God angel standing there in the hallway with her big feathery wings out like it was not a big deal at all. Jude couldn’t help but just stand there and stare. She never thought that she would see an angel, she had come to terms with the fact she wasn’t going to ever see an angel. They were for good people, and according to her parents she was probably never going to be there.

Jude was just standing there staring at the girl. Than she remembered what Jake had told her. She wasn’t possessed by the Devil because that wasn’t something that happened. If Devils weren’t walking the earth than there probably weren’t angels and if she was at the school she was probably a mutant.

It would have been great if she had figured this out before she had stared at her for so long. She saw that the other blonde was looking at her, and Jude assumed that she was wondering why this stranger was staring. She felt her face burn with blood as she blushed and she giggled nervously. “Hi..I am sorry I am staring.” She nervously started picking at her hair wondering how weird it would be to just run into her room. “I am sorry, I am staring...I just…” She sighed and looked down at the floor. “Your wings startled me..” As soon as she said that she realized how wrong it sounded and jumped quickly to try and correct it. “Startled in a good way. They were so pretty! I don’t think I have ever seen anything like them.”

PM
^
Serah James
 Posted: May 24 2018, 03:55 PM
Seraph
Sixteen AGE
34 POSTS
X-Resident
CLASS 2

Serah had been relaxing on her bed trying to focus on her homework right after she woke up. She had really been trying until the book had slipped out of her hands and fell on her face. That was what she got for laying on the bed like that. A sigh escaping her lips as she got off her bed and finally decided to get dressed. It didn't help that she was starving at that moment. Probably the high emotions around her eating at all her energy. Why was everyone feeling so damn much this early in the morning? She grumbled as she slipped into jeans and a tank top. It was easier to fit her wings into a tank top than it was to find a suitable top with holes cut out of it. So many ruined shirts because of her mutation.

Her mind was slightly distracted having recently found a picture of her mother with a guy in one of the school yearbooks. It had been a bit of a crazy find. He was probably one of the last people to see her mother before she ran off expecting Serah, which meant it was possible that he was her father. That was unless her mother had another boyfriend that year. Serah knew that she wouldn't know unless she talked to the man, but every time she thought about it, her hands got sweaty and she felt sick to her stomach. Her plan was just to avoid it until she couldn't avoid it any longer.

A smile on her face as she walked into the hallway with sneakers on. Maybe a nice flight around the grounds would help her. The blonde was getting better at her flying though she still had to work on her landing. Getting a face full of dirt, it was not pleasant. As she stopped to talk to someone in the hall, Serah felt eyes on her. Her whole body shivering in response. Serah had never liked when people stared at her wings. It made her feel insecure about having them on display, but it also sucked keeping them in the harness. It was why they were currently just a bit tucked in as to not whack someone in the face while in the hall.

Turning her head, she met the eyes of her new neighbor. Her brow rose as if waiting for the girl to speak. Serah continued to stare back before the other blonde realized that she was staring at Serah. The apologies came flying towards her as she shrugged her shoulders. Of course, the whole wings startling her had her feather ruffled as Serah prepared to go on the defensive only to have her change it to in a good way. The teenager still wasn't sure about the new girl. Her arms crossed against her chest as she turned her full attention to the newcomer.

"Well, it's not polite to stare even if you haven't seen it before. It might make someone uncomfortable. You're probably going to see a lot of things here that you've never seen before. Blue people, green people, people with acid spit, and that's just the freshman class." She snorted a bit before shaking her head. "You've got to be the new girl. Sorry, I have no clue who you are, but that's my first bit of advice to you. Don't stare. I really don't like people staring at my wings, and I'm sure others wouldn't appreciate it."

PM
^
Jude Tanner
 Posted: May 28 2018, 10:45 AM
Prophet
16 AGE
30 POSTS
X-Resident
CLASS 2

She should have known better. No one had ever really stared at her before, but she had been taught about the evils of staring. Inf act from about the time she was ten Jude had been told that she needed to be careful with her eyes. If she looked at the wrong person for too long it could send the wrong message. Of course that mostly had to do with men, but staring at women could be rude, and she really didn’t want to be rude, and yet here she was staring.

Jude had been hoping that she had averted her eyes fast enough to not be noticed, but so far that had not been her luck. Every time she looked at someone for too long she go caught. You would think that would make her change her staring ways, but so far she hadn’t been able to stop it, she made a mental a note to make sure she asked Jake how he managed to keep his eyes to himself when he first got to the school.

But she would have to worry about not doing this in the future later. For now she was going to have to fix what she did by mistake. She was trying really had to not get into trouble or cause problems at Xavier’s or be known as weird, but sometimes it felt like it was an uphill battle. Her parents had never let her know anything about the real world and now she was really not prepared for it, and it seemed like she was just going to be a mess for a while.

Jude could literally feel the blood rushing to her face. Not only had she stared but she had done so to someone who clearly didn’t like being looked at in a spot she didn’t like. She really couldn’t have been dumbler if she tried. She really wanted to just run back into her room and spend the rest of her time here avoiding this other girl. “I know. I am sorry.”

She had never felt so stupid in her life and she knew that saying sorry wasn’t enough. She tilted her head a little forward making her long blonde hair cover her face. She didn’t know why but she always felt like she could talk easier if she was hiding behind her hair.

“I really didn’t mean to stare. I just...forgot where I was and I never thought Wings could be an ability” She thought for a moment about just ending it there but she also felt like she needed to explain a little more, even if it was going to make her sound weird. “For a second I thought that an angel had come to find me to punish me for disobeying my parents.” And for harboring something evil. Even though Jake and Everett had insisted that she didn’t have a devil inside her it was hard to believe that when she saw angels walking around. “I am sorry I made you uncomfortable.”

PM
^
Serah James
 Posted: Jun 18 2018, 04:58 AM
Seraph
Sixteen AGE
34 POSTS
X-Resident
CLASS 2

When her wings had first appeared, Serah had done everything she could do to hide them. They had been an embarrassment. It had only been with Kohl's help that she had truly accepted herself. The fact that she was learning to fly was a big help. Even if her landings were a bit rough, she thought she was doing pretty good. The blonde still found it uncomfortable to be stared at when it came to her mutation. That was why she immediately felt the eyes on her. Serah had searched the hall for who was staring when her eyes landed on a blonde that had come out of her room.

Serah had approached looking to the girl. She should have known better than to be snippy at her, but it was one of her biggest dislikes. Even if she didn't know the reasons for staring, she felt it should be pointed out that it was rude. It was better coming from her than someone else even if it probably should have come from a teacher. Serah was still relatively new to the school. She was still learning the ins and outs of the institute.

That was when the reason came. The blonde raised an eyebrow before she started to laugh. "An angel...come to...seriously? You must have a seriously messed up life to think that. Why would I come to punish you? Don't you think angels have better things to do than punish some teenage kid?" She tilted her head to the side. "Do you always apologize so much? You shouldn't apologize too often or people might think they can walk all over you." Serah held out her hand with a smile. The abrasiveness was gone as she tried to be friendly waving off the uncomfortable feeling. She knew what it was like to be thrust in a place with all kinds of mutants. New student jitters sucked.

"I'm Serah. I'm no angel. I'm just a regular girl that happen to get wings as their mutation." She fluttered them a bit. "Why don't we start with your name? That seems like a good place to start. I'm guessing you're new to the school."

PM
^
Jude Tanner
 Posted: Jul 12 2018, 06:16 PM
Prophet
16 AGE
30 POSTS
X-Resident
CLASS 2

Everything really was happening so fast to Jude. In a matter of days she had started having weird dreams, and than she had just passed out in field she had played in her whole life. And then sadly it got worse. In a matter of twenty four hours she had been beaten by her family and had to run away, and than she found out she had been lied to all her life and her brother was alive, and now he was her guardian. Oh and she was a mutant and she was off to a mutant school. It had been a lot to adjust to and seeing white feathery wings had thrown her for a loop that she had never seen coming. She should have known better to stare but she was just so startled she forgot her manners, which would have been unheard of when she was still on the farm.

She was a little taken aback that in one breath the other blonder could scold her for staring and tell her it's rude, and than almost as rude with her words. “I guess you could say that. My family said god micromanaged things like hair and clothes so having an angel come dole out punishments isn’t that far fetched.” speaking out like that had been something she would have never done at the farm either, at least not for a long time, and it felt oddly good to be able to speak her mind since she hadn’t done it in a long time.

“I guess so.I don’t even realize I am doing it. I am..She was about to say that she was sorry for saying sorry but then she realized how counterproductive that was so she stopped herself. She had already made herself sound like an idiot, she didn’t need to sound like a super idiot. “I know. I need to be a little harder. Its something I am working on.” Tanner girls weren’t supposed to be tough, but she was finding out it was almost the exact opposite out in the real world. It was on her list of things to fix, but it was actually kind of neat the bottom. She had more important things to worry about first.

“I am Jude, and I won’t make that mistake again. I promise.” She gave Serah a little smile. “And yes. I am very new. I’ve only been here a few weeks, I didn’t even know mutants were a thing until I started seizing up and blurting out visions of the future. That did not go over well at my parents’ home.” She hated what they had done to her but now that she was free it was a little less painful. “What about you? Have you been here long?”

PM
^
Serah James
 Posted: Jul 17 2018, 06:13 AM
Seraph
Sixteen AGE
34 POSTS
X-Resident
CLASS 2

Serah was no stranger to speaking her mind. In fact, she'd gotten smacked a few times for speaking her mind to some of her foster parents. It hadn't been a pleasant thing, but Kohl had gotten her away from that. He'd really been her rock in everything. He was probably where he got her attitude from. Still, she couldn't help making comments about angels coming down to punish some kid. Her eyebrows furrowing as the other blonde talked about god micromanaging things. That was...well, she was not going to comment on that. Nope, she would just come off as a jerk, and she probably had already made a jerk of herself commenting on angels.

She waited for another apology. Serah almost sensed it coming from her. The other blonde was just giving Serah waves of nervousness. Serah wanted to just put her hands on the girl's shoulder and tell her to stop worrying and caring so much. In fact, that was exactly what she did. A part of her did feel complimented about the angel part. It meant that she looked like an angel. Her mother hadn't had wings so she had guessed that she had just gotten a random mutation or maybe she had gotten it from her father. "That's something. I mean as long as you're working on it."

As introductions were made, Serah started to relax a bit more. It was nice being more of a senior student. Not that she was going to give tours or advice besides the things she had already said. It must have sucked to have a family that didn't accept her mutation. Serah had hidden her mutation from her foster families as much as she could. When they found out, they usually sent her away. "That sucks. Like royally sucks." Serah let out a sigh. "It's really nice to meet you, Jude. I'm glad you ended up here. You won't have to deal with sucky parents anymore. I've been here a year. I've got a brother in New York but no parents. Lots of experience with sucky foster parents though."

Serah smiled warmly at the girl. She could do nice. This was something she was still kind of learning. "Seeing the future can be cool though...I mean unless it's all the bad stuff and none of the good stuff."

This post has been edited by Serah James: Jul 17 2018, 06:15 AM
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Affiliates
Candyland Couture Shadowplay
UNCANNY EVOLUTION Heroes Reborn WHAT WE CHOOSE
GLITTER & GOLD Infinite Dreams