Posted: Apr 20 2018, 11:24 AM
iris/lsd
twenty-three AGE
112 POSTS
Unaffiliated
CLASS 3

April 2018

====

This was probably not one of her brighter ideas.

And sure, she's had a lot of dumb ideas over the years. A number of friends, acquaintances, distinctly not-friends, outright enemies, bullies, foster centers, and, of course, Kohl could likely recite (in excruciating detail) some of less-than-smart plans. Karolina would argue that some of that is subjective. After all, most of the time it accomplished what she wanted, so wasn't that a win? Also, some of those stories would just involve things that they found risky. Risky was not the same as stupid to Kara, or not when she was the one doing it. Hypocritical? ...maybe.

Anyway, staring at the malformed edge of the warehouse in front of her, the blonde guessed that she should be grateful that she didn't accidentally blow a hole in it. Recent events had really been getting to Karolina Dean. While she wouldn't call herself sheltered, there were some aspects of life that clearly didn't touch her as much as others. It was irking to someone like her. Fight for the environment while the people living in it fall apart.

She didn't want to be helpless, and she also didn't want to accidentally hurt someone. Her powers...weren't people friendly. She needed to better understand how bad it could get. She at least had some idea of a few things, so it wasn't all from scratch. It apparently wasn't quite enough though. She wanted to shoot at the metal barrel next to the warehouse, not obliterate the barrel and part of the corner of the warehouse next to it. At least it wasn't wood? So now all she had was warped metal for her troubles. On the plus side, that released the build up, so she wasn't standing around like a full body Rainbow Bright fan.

"This...is not going well."
PM EMAILAOL
^
Wanda Maximoff
 Posted: May 3 2018, 05:04 PM
Scarlet Witch
31 AGE
42 POSTS
Unaffiliated
CLASS 4

Her art sometimes took her to some really strange places. Wanda would have never gone wandering around warehouse that looked abandoned but she had a client who had asked for something “Industrial”.She hadn’t thought that it would be hard to do, but once she had started she had really hit a wall. If it was something she was making for herself she would have quit a while ago. But this was one of her favorite clients, and besides, she had promised to do it and Wanda liked to keep her promises She was hoping that if she went and looked at something industrial she would get inspired and get this piece started. The sooner she got it started the sooner it would be done and she could stop staring at her failure.

Wanda normally wasn’t a photographer but she knew how to work a camera. She wasn’t an idiot, and she had decided to take a few quick pictures of the area. She could pull them up and have them in in her studio while she was working. Inspiration came from strange places and she was hoping that that this would work for her.

She had wandered around for a little bit snapping pictures of things she thought could turn into some kind of art. She still didn’t know if it was going to help but she hoped that it did. She had just turned a corner and stopped her tracks when she saw a blond woman standing there. Wanda hesitated wondering what could bring anyone else out here and assumed that it was nothing good. But than again, Wanda was there so maybe this person had a perfectly good reason too. “Hello…” Wanda called out hesitantly. Than she glanced around and saw the twisted piece of metal that she was pretty sure didn’t just happen. “Is everything ok?”

@[ Karolina Dean]
PM
^
Karolina Dean
 Posted: May 26 2018, 03:27 AM
iris/lsd
twenty-three AGE
112 POSTS
Unaffiliated
CLASS 3

Karolina was musing on her apparent failure, wondering if maybe she should start at the very beginning of things - what the heck was this stuff? It didn't seem like containable liquid, so getting a sample was probably beyond her abilities. And it wasn't like she casually knew any super scientists who would help. Studying something capable of this damage would require some pretty high-tech equipment. Something she definitely didn't have. It had something to do with fire. Or acid? It didn't feel any particular way to her, so she had to guess from its effects. What was really throwing her off was the color. Who'd ever heard of rainbow fire or acid? Maybe it was a random trippy effect that had nothing to do with what it was?

Wish I could just Google it, the blonde thought to herself sourly.

The blonde was sighing to herself when she acquired some unwitting company.
Someone more savvy would have noticed, but Kara didn't. She jumped in surprise at the sound of a woman's voice. For a moment, she thought it was security or something like that. But the voice was too friendly/neutral. "Ummm," she said intelligently. Despite having mentally considered the possibility of being found several times before coming out here, Karolina wasn't actually sure of what to do right now. The only plan she had come up with was to just run away. Faced with the actual event, and the woman plainly seeing the damages....the blonde choked.

“Is everything ok?”

"Ummm," she repeated with equal levels of intelligence. Great Karolina, why don't you just announce that you're a rando who shouldn't be here and are doing things you shouldn't be?

"I was just looking around." Sure. Super believable Kara. Maybe she could have come up with something better in a different situation. What else could she do? There was no way to explain the metal without stamping 'Mutant' across her forehead, and this wasn't the best time to go around admitting to things like that. Currently, she was opting to pretend not to notice the damage. Just pretend like it was already like that. Blue eyes fell on the woman's camera.

"You're a photographer?" Industrial scenes were popular she guessed. The lighting could be better thought. Just keep ignoring the warehouse and barrel. Pretend like it's normal...pretend like it's normal...

Tag @Wanda Maximoff

PM EMAILAOL
^
Wanda Maximoff
 Posted: Jun 1 2018, 10:56 AM
Scarlet Witch
31 AGE
42 POSTS
Unaffiliated
CLASS 4

Wanda didn’t know what was wrong with her. Why did she have to say something? She was pretty sure the blonde woman hadn’t noticed her until she had opened her big mouth. She could have said nothing and just walked away and they could have both been doing whatever it was they were doing. But not, she had to say something and now they were going to be stuck in a conversation. It was going to be an awkward one too. She just knew it, and she had no one to blame but herself.

If Wanda was feeling nervous so was the woman she had interrupted. She could tell that she hadn’t wanted to be caught and Wanda had been the one to do that. She knew what it was like when you were caught doing something no one wanted to see and she had hated that feeling and she hated knowing that she was doing it to someone else. She kind of just wanted to say nevermind and walk away but she had a feeling that would make things even weirder.

“Oh.” Wanda had a feeling that was the whole story. Her eyes flickered over to the melted and twisted metal in front of them before looking back to the blonde. There was something strange going on, but Wanda wasn’t one to ask about it since it really wasn’t her place. “There are some interesting things in the word, a lot of it in an unexpected places. Its always exciting to find something new.” It may not have been the best lie in the world, but she wasn’t going to be the one to end the fantasy.

“What?” She had no idea why anyone would ask her that, than she glanced down and saw the camera in her hand. “No. I am actually a painter and sculptor, but one of my clients wanted something...industrial inspired.” She shrugged as she nervously played with her camera. “I kind of hit a block since this is something new to me so I was hoping that if I filled my studio with photographs I could get inspired.”

She looked back to twisted thing in front of them. “I wonder what happened to that.” She had never seen anything like that before and she was really curious about it and kind of wondered if maybe the other woman had something to do with it.

PM
^
Karolina Dean
 Posted: Jul 7 2018, 07:22 AM
iris/lsd
twenty-three AGE
112 POSTS
Unaffiliated
CLASS 3

Karolina liked to think that she had a pretty solid repertoire of unfortunate situations in her life, some with far more levity than others. However, none of those had really prepared her for this. Not exactly. Possibly getting caught using her powers in a place and time where that could quickly lead to very bad things...eh. She'd worked really hard hiding it, but it was always the glow that she worried about. Since leaving California, she hadn't done much with her powers. She was working on that now, but that was a recent development. Maybe playing dumb would work? She'd done that before, though this would probably be a little hard to play off maybe. Think fast. I'll have to think fast.

Why couldn't life have an 'undo' option?

“There are some interesting things in the word, a lot of it in an unexpected places. Its always exciting to find something new.”

Kara nodded. "That's true." Sounded like something an artsy person or photographer would say. She had a few friends in graphic design, photography, art history...yeah, that was definitely something that they would say. However, when the blonde asked about it, the mystery woman denied it. Still, she wasn't totally wrong. It turned out that she was a painter and sculptor. Her reasoning for coming was to get inspiration based on a client's request for something 'industrial'. Kara had heard of getting pictures of industrial places at night, but physical artwork? "Sounds difficult," she commented. Maybe a painting would be easier than sculpting something. If you put painting and photography together as capture-imagery mediums, then it work out right? Sure.

What would someone like me know anyway? You'd think that someone like Kara would be quite in tune with such artsy things, but she actually had no idea. She could fake it pretty well thanks to her friends on campus though. "I don't know much about art beyond what my friends taking classes say, so I'm afraid I won't be much help." Not that her companion had asked for any, but still. "I guess this area /would/ be your best bet, since the business district looks pretty ritzy most of the time, regardless of what business is actually in there."

Sadly, Kara lacked the psionic power that would have made her mental chants more effective. That was why the dark-haired woman's eyes inevitably strayed back to the thing that Kara wished she'd ignore. To be fair, it was a little out of place. And there was a smell from whatever /had/ been in there...

“I wonder what happened to that.”

Kara laughed somewhat nervously. "Hahaha, I wonder. Maybe there was an accident and it's been left out here to be hauled away during regular hours?" Did that sound believable? She hoped it did. Funny thing was, she could probably accidentally make some pretty interesting pieces for Wanda to look at...if she wasn't scared crapless of being found out by a 'non-mutant'. Ah, how many potentially fruitful connections go without forming because of mutual fear on both sides?

Tag @Wanda Maximoff

This post has been edited by Karolina Dean: Jul 7 2018, 07:23 AM
PM EMAILAOL
^
Wanda Maximoff
 Posted: Yesterday at 10:19 pm
Scarlet Witch
31 AGE
42 POSTS
Unaffiliated
CLASS 4

For someone whose biggest desire was to just be left alone Wanda was running into a lot of people lately. One she went looking for and the rest were just showing up. It wasn’t the worst thing in the world but it was strange. It was kind of like all the years of being alone were catching up to her and she wa going to shove like thirty years of meeting people and socializing into a few months. She was just hoping that talking to people wasn’t going to blow up in her face at all. She was having a decent time with it so far, but if someone ended up upsetting her there was a chance that she would give up on it all together and just stay inside. Possibility for the rest of her life.

Wanda didn’t know but she was kind of wondering if maybe this girl had something to do with the twisted blob of metal in front of them. It could have very easily been her, but it could have been just as easy to have something or someone else did it. Even if she didn’t like that accusing someone of being a mutant could be considered an insult,but it could be so Wanda didn’t want to say anything, even though she had suspicions. “It’s been...harder than I thought it was going to be. I thought I could just twist together some metal around or something, but nothing looks like right.”

She shrugged a little before pushing her hair back. She had a piece that was always in her face no matter what she did. “yeah. It would be a pretty little unreasonable for me to expect anyone else to know how to do this since I can’t even figure out how to do it.” Honestly she knew that she had to just relax and maybe forget about her project for a few days and than it would all come to her. That was always helped, she just hated that feeling so she put it off for as long as she could. “Yes. I think that’s why my client wants this. They think their office is too..posh and they want to change it up a little bit.” Wanda really didn’t understand why that would be important but it wasn’t her job to ask why she was just supposed to make art.

Wanda had been suffering from artist’s block more often than usual lately. She didn’t know why but she was, but it was starting to drive her insane. She also was curious as to why everyone she met and mentioned her block to assumed she wanted them to tell her how to fix it. Really just liked having someone to talk to about it. It might have not been fair, but she really did just need someone to listen to her sometimes.

Her eyebrow jumped up a little at the laugh. It was starting in a way that Wanda couldn’t exactly understand. Something was up and she wasn’t exactly sure what it was. “Maybe.” She frowned a little as she started walking towards it. “It’s kind of mesmerizing in a weird way. I wonder what kind of accident could have caused it.”

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Affiliates
Candyland Couture Shadowplay
UNCANNY EVOLUTION Heroes Reborn WHAT WE CHOOSE
GLITTER & GOLD Infinite Dreams