Modern Day Robin Hood, Open thread~
Jubilation Lee
 Posted: Mar 19 2018, 07:05 PM
Jubilee
25 AGE
13 POSTS
Unaffiliated
CLASS 3

When the world was filled with magnificence and you had very little…. You tended to take what you could get. Or that was the thieves motto that Jubilation Lee decided to adopt today; and every other day of her life. Her choice of target was always the same, hanging around in the mall where a plentiful of oblivious victims chatted and sent as if there was no tomorrow. Sitting on top of one of the higher walls that decorated the place (or hid everything unsightly), the young woman kicked her legs; the heels of her heavy combat boots bounced making it easier, plastering an amused smile across her face. The firecracker really was just enjoying watching other girls her age wander the shopping mall with their tiny purses, tinier dogs and skirts that, yeah, she was enjoying the leg show. “Not likely to carry cash though.” She sighed, reminding herself to look for a better target, her eyes turning back to the crowds. Even though she was good at what she did, it was entirely too easy to get distracted by the little things. Like her gum rapidly losing flavour even though she blew bubbles; the way her hair blew in the wind and tickled the back of her neck.

Slipping off her high ground, it was easier to get involved in her work if she got into the crowd. She had always been taught to look for those who wouldn’t notice - or those who wouldn’t miss what they lost… but Jubilee was the sort of woman who never did anything that was easy. In just a few minutes she had slipped a cookie from a bag of some giggling women and what seemed like a newly bought watched from a guy who had been bending over and showing his bum crack to the world (she had decided he deserved it for that alone). The firecracker smiled at it, the new item already having an owner in her mind. Why? Because not everything she stole got fensed for cash. A great deal of things were given as gifts to those who needed them, or lovingly stored away in her little hoard of shiny things.

Right now, though, with a cookie hanging in her mouth, she had been following her next victim for a few minutes, noting their movements and just how often they reached in to take their wallet out. Not often enough, happily, and with a smirk on her face, she waited until the right time to get closer. It might have been done just a tad sloppier than she should have done (her confidence too high, really), pulling it in front of her straight away to let nimble fingers flick through how much cash was in there. She pulled out the ID card and looked over some details, mostly to amuse herself. Pity, really, her latest victim was kinda cute, even for an ID card (which usually had horrible photographs), and they would no doubt be annoyed at her. She casually made a Beeline for the fountain, pushing the wallet easily into one of the plants there. Obviously she had taken out the money, but she had no plans to keep the rest of it, leaving it there to be found and handed back (because she wasn’t a complete monster). Jubilee then shoved the cash into her pockets, content in the fact she now had enough to buy dinner for her and a few of the other idiots who hung around with her.

The firecracker hadn’t noticed someone had been skilled enough to notice what she had done, only concentrating on the cookie she continued to eat. It wasn’t until she got that paranoid tingle that someone was following her that a few extra colours lit up around her fingers and she looked over her shoulder awkwardly. “Uh… hi?” Which, translated into thief talk was actually ‘Ah shite’.
PM
^
Briar Sterling
 Posted: Mar 21 2018, 10:20 AM
Glitch
Nineteen AGE
12 POSTS
Unaffiliated
CLASS 2

When the weather started to get warmer, well warmer for New York, Briar liked to actually get out of her closet of an apartment to experience the city. It was how she'd ended up at the mall watching the people pass by her with her laptop securely on her lap. It was part of Briar's charm that people overlooked her. This was usually a good thing because she was usually hacking their phones or putting out feelers for potential shinies to liberate. She had a hoard in her underwear drawer that was spilling into her other drawers...okay, so it was the whole dresser, but people didn't need to know that.

Dressed in a jean jacket with built in pockets on the inside and a baggy t-shirt with some sarcastic saying on it, she really did enjoy showing her true feelings with her clothing. Her shirt was big enough on her that it was more like a dress than a shirt so she wore some leggings underneath with her sneakers to complete the outfit. It was comfortable which was good because she'd been at the mall since it opened. At the moment, she was was eating a pretzel with cheese sauce. It may not have been very healthy, but Briar Sterling had never paid attention to what she put into her body. Her computer desk was usually littered with chip bags and cans of Mountain Dew. It should have bothered her, but she didn't have anyone coming over to even judge her place so why would it matter if her apartment was a mess.

The petite girl sat there with the pretzel hanging from her mouth as she typed quickly. Her mouth would have been moving with her commands, but she didn't want to drop her snack. Once she was done, Briar threw the paper into the trash. Her computer was almost done loading the program she'd hacked into. That was until she noticed the movement out of the corner of her eye. If it had been anyone else, they might have overlooked it, but Briar had experience in theft. A grin came to her lips. She smelled trouble. Trouble was Briar's middle name...Actually, it was Noelle. Trouble would have been the name Briar would have chosen as her middle name. Quickly, she closed her laptop and tucked it back into her messenger bag.

Following the young woman, she tilted her head to the side not sure what to think about the whole situation. Instead of calling attention to herself, she simply stood there letting the crowd go by. Her dark eyes catching every detail as she twirled her braid around her index. That was until the stranger turned around catching Briar in the act of watching. When she spoke, Briar held up her hand in a little wave with a mischievous smirk on her face. "Sooo, whatcha doing?" Of course, it was obvious that she knew exactly what the person was doing.

PM
^
Jubilation Lee
 Posted: Apr 2 2018, 12:27 PM
Jubilee
25 AGE
13 POSTS
Unaffiliated
CLASS 3

Thoughts fired through her head so rapidly it really was a miracle that no one could hear the swearing inside her mind. She could just fire off a few fireworks, but that would cause a larger fuss than this little interaction. It wasn’t the first time she had been caught, and it wouldn’t be the last no doubt. Jubilation Lee wasn’t the type to let that sort of thing stop her, nor was she the type to regret doing something so stupid out in public. Glittering eyes looked the person in front of her up and down, apparently sizing her up. If it had been someone larger, scarier… she might have allowed the cookie to drop from her mouth before legging it to one of her get away routes. As it was, the girl looked at her was neither scary looking, nor did she looked angry. There was something about her which looked as if she was intrigued, an expression that Jubilee was herself very familiar with. Using a delicate hand, she took the cook that was hanging from her mouth and held it like something precious. The other hand gave a little wave back, as if she was indulging a child half her age and size.

“I thought I was just eating a cookie.” She pointed at it, raising an eyebrow as if waiting for a challenge or to be called out as a ‘lair’ (technically, she wasn’t lying because she was eating a cookie, just it wasn’t the only thing she was doing). “But if you’ve been watching me as long as I’ve felt that weird little buzzing of paranoia in my brain… either you like what you see.” She winked, because apparently this was the perfect time to start a little flirting - if only to get and dig herself out of trouble that might come soon - before posing her body in a way she looked good. “Or you saw something you’re interested in, in a different way.” Jubilee didn’t exactly point to the cash in her pockets, but her eyes flickered down to the floor before looking back at Briar, as if wondering if she’d notice and have a good look. “Because if it’s a little of column A and some of B too, well… I guess I can make sure I don’t have to kill you.” That was a joke, at least, Jubilee’s voice made it sound like one.

There might be a hint of something serious in it if Briar decided to make things difficult, but Jubilee really was trying to be a good guy right now. So much so that there was a hint of hesitation as she curled her hair over the side with her scar, hiding it from sight just for a moment. “So… which is it cutie?” The young firecracker bit another chunk off her cookie, making sure she didn’t get too many crumbs over her mouth because that wasn’t the sexy look she was going for right now.

@Briar Sterling
PM
^
Briar Sterling
 Posted: Apr 10 2018, 05:49 PM
Glitch
Nineteen AGE
12 POSTS
Unaffiliated
CLASS 2

It would have been clear to anyone that saw Briar at that current moment that she was curious. She could admit that she was nosy when it came to things that she didn't know about it. The young woman didn't understand boundaries nor did she really care for them. She'd much preferred to be able to barge in or ask questions when she felt it was necessary. There was a slight smirk on her face as she asked what the other woman was doing. Her head tilted to the side a bit like a confused puppy. The answer she got was kind of the one she expected.

"I noticed the cookie. It looks very...tasty." Was she being flirted with? Briar was not familiar with flirtations. They usually made her freeze up or forget how to speak. There was no middle ground with the technopath. She just clammed up when anyone paid her any attention especially someone she found attractive. Enter one beautiful pickpocket that was currently eating a cookie and making it look like the most interesting act ever. Briar's mouth mimicked the movement for a moment before realizing what she was doing and shaking her head. Taking a deep breath, she knew that she needed to get a hold of herself. She couldn't just turn into a puddle. This was what she had been searching for. Trouble with a side of sexy.

Briar played with the strap of her bag with a slight shrug of her shoulder. "I might have seen what you did back there." Then she realized how that might sound. Her eyes widened as she held up her hands not wanting to make the woman bolt or start a fight. Briar was not a fighter. She could barely form a fist let alone throw a punch. It wasn't that she was against violence...she just didn't see a reason for it especially given the current status of the city with mutants against humans. "I'm not going to tell anyone if that's what you're thinking."

This was not how she saw this going. Did she just get called a cutie? Her cheeks burned as she tried to brush off the compliment. It was one that she didn't often get from people not really being close to them. People were confusing while technology told her exactly what it was thinking at any given time. This was probably why she hid behind a computer screen. "It-It's both. I mean you seem like a very talented ahem cookie eater."

Deciding to take a chance, she moved forward as she opened her computer bag. Briar revealed the stash of electronics she'd liberated between waiting in line at the pretzel stand and wasting time in the mall. "I happen to be a great cookie eater as well."

PM
^
Jubilation Lee
 Posted: May 10 2018, 04:32 PM
Jubilee
25 AGE
13 POSTS
Unaffiliated
CLASS 3

Well wasn’t this little thing just precious? Jubilee made a mental note to tone it down - but only ever so slightly because this was going to be fun. Briar clearly wasn’t entirely shy, since she had approached her out of nowhere seeing her steal, but the awkward movements showed she wasn’t used to this sort of attention. Oh she was going to keep her. Is this what happened when the thieves guild had found her? “Might have?” The firecracker smirked, taking another small bite of her cookie and just enjoying this entire thing. Being caught had always excited her, but usually ended with a chase - not this. This was an amusing state to be in. “Be a little more confident, will you.” Jubilee reached forwards very gently and gave the other female a little shove, but something which couldn’t even be considered to have any strength in it. “You saw me. You did, and that’s okay because you’re being entirely cute about it.” There was a sparkle in her eyes, knowing already, even before Briar tried to explain she wasn’t going to tell anyone. It was just the sort of little puppy expression that Jubilee had a weakness for.

She wanted to put her arm around her and just take her home… so she settled for one of those things - putting her arm around Briar and keep her close and keep this friendly. It was so nice being a little taller than someone for once.

The firecracker couldn’t help the smile across her face, making sure her fingertips weren’t glittering this time because some people got a bit weird about that when you were stood right next to them. “Oh, um, interesting.” Jubilee leaned away, even with an arm around the other, to give her just enough space so that she could reveal her business. “As one ‘eater’ to another… it would be wise not to show off your liberated prizes in a public area.” It wasn’t rule number one, but it was certainly up there, so ushered Briar along a little, out of the crowd. It wasn’t the perfect spot to hide from everyone, but it was good enough - just two girls wandering around together with the way Jubilee kept the other close. “You like electronics then huh? I’ve always found them a little harder to get rid of - better to take cash and the bits you need so that you don’t have to leave too much of a trail.” People always wanted to know where it came from, why you were selling it… receipts. None of which she wanted to deal with on a constant basis.

It was just so much easier to deal with cash. So much easier to steal food and never have to bother with that. Jubilee even ate the rest of her cookie thinking about it, wishing she had another one to satisfy the new hunger.

@Briar Sterling
PM
^
Briar Sterling
 Posted: May 21 2018, 01:09 PM
Glitch
Nineteen AGE
12 POSTS
Unaffiliated
CLASS 2

This wasn't something that she normally would have done. If she had seen something like that before, she probably would have looked the other way and possibly got another pretzel. Instead, she had decided that she was going to go after the pretty woman to see exactly what she was doing. This led to her asking questions. Not one to be shy, she had a feeling of what was going on. A comment about a cookie had Briar nodding her head. Yes, she had seen the cookie, but she had also seen something else. That was why she had admitted to having seen her. The sudden movement and feeling of a hand on her made her eyes widen. Briar let out an awkward laugh aware that this was just a show of affection and not meant as a show of violence. "Right, confidence." She stood a bit straighter with a bright smile. "I did see you." The fact that this woman called her cute made her giggle. Yes, Briar knew she could be cute at times. This was the clamming up stage. No, she couldn't clam up. Confidence, dammit!

As the arm went around her, Briar was pretty sure that she was going to melt into a puddle. There was also this streak of boldness that caused her to show her wares to the other woman. Her bag closing as she realized how stupid that had been. She really should have known better. Briar did know better, but she was feeling confident. That was probably why she was getting more comfortable with the arm around her.

"Right, you're right. No showing things in public." The young woman wasn't deterred by the slight scolding before listening to the next bit about electronics. "Oh! I don't sell them. I am a tinkerer. I use them to make other gadgets. Plus, I know how to wipe them so people can't track them." It was easier to talk about making gadgets than it was to talk about her mutation. Plus, she didn't really know this woman even if they were acting so familiar towards each other. It was just better to keep quiet on that tidbit of information even if she knew the other woman was a mutant having seen the sparkles.

"I guess you could call it a hobby like cookie eating." She smiled brightly feeling proud of her talents and skills that she possessed.

PM
^
Jubilation Lee
 Posted: May 31 2018, 04:58 PM
Jubilee
25 AGE
13 POSTS
Unaffiliated
CLASS 3

With most of her cookie now gone, the fire cracker really was wishing she had stolen an entire packet from a store or something. Next time, she would. At least this little treat was in front of her now. Confidence really did change a person from okay to interesting, and Briar’s reaction was almost adorable as she awkwardly laughed. Honestly, Jubilee had never been like that, always bursting with confidence even when she shouldn’t have been, so it was amusing to her. “There you go~” She winked, her smile bright and even more cheery than it had been a few moments ago, glad she was giving Briar a boost in this. She wasn’t the type to encourage a snitch normally, but each situation was different, so she’d adapt for now. “I mean you can show me in public, but not stood in the middle right here.” She didn’t want that confidence that had just been built up to go, so Jubilee gave the other a small squeeze with the arm around her. “But looks like a good haul regardless. You clearly been doing this a while.”

Was it weird that she was complimenting someone on the amount of stuff they had managed to steal? Was this just the thief kind of life she led now? Damn… maybe she should be a real superhero and try to discourage this sort of thing?

Nah.

“Tinkerer?” Jubilee clearly decided upon saying the word that she very much liked it, rolling it around her tongue. She beamed to herself as she thought about the little things that might be made, watching the other woman closely. Watching someone light up about their passion was almost as amusing as making them embarrassed. “That’s what I’m going to call you, cutie. Tinkerer. It suits you!” Because there were no names given out here, not when you got caught with your hand in someone elses pocket. “Have you got anything you’ve made on you now?” As curious as ever, Jubilee’s eyes were bright and almost glittering from her mutation, letting go of the other and standing straight in front of her. It was the sort of pose that read ‘you’re not leaving until you show me something’, and her hands on her hips she smirked. One hip pointed out to the side, she cocked her head to the side too (her cookie gone now, so nothing to distract her very idly fingers).

She lifted one hand to her lips, painted colourful nails traced along her own lip, tapping the bottom lip gently. Was it something she had learned to distract someone who clearly thought you were pretty? Yes, but you got trained in more than stealing items when you were a good thief. “I’ll buy you a cookie and a drink if you impress me~” It sounded like a good deal to her, at least, and what else did she have to do today other than steal shit?

@Briar Sterling
PM
^
Briar Sterling
 Posted: Jun 20 2018, 12:21 PM
Glitch
Nineteen AGE
12 POSTS
Unaffiliated
CLASS 2

With her new confidence instilled, Briar felt a bit more comfortable around the stranger. The woman seemed nice enough and playful. She was flirtatious, and Briar had thought she had energy. This woman gave her a run for her money when it came to energy which made Briar more bubbly. The confidence showed in the way that she stood a bit straighter even going so far as to show her take on the mall. The people that had been liberated of their poor electronics. Briar couldn't wait to take them apart and make new gadgets. That bit of confidence faltered when she was scolded for showing the woman her stash. It didn't take her long to gain it back as the woman assured her that she could show her but just not in public where everyone could see. "Right, duh." She did a bit of a facepalm as if that was completely obvious to her. "I've been doing this for...well, since I was able to sense them. I can't stand mistreated shinies."

The young technopath took a bit of pride that someone was complimenting her skills. It was probably the first time in her life. The others usually tried to get her to stop. Something something bad. Blah blah get arrested. She usually toned them out until they started sounding like the adults from Charlie Brown. This had to be a sign that they could be potential friends. Briar didn't even know the woman's name, but Briar had gained a nickname from her. "Tinkerer, I love it." When it came to the subject of gadgets she had made, Briar found herself at a loss thinking about what she had on her that might impress the other woman.

There was a slight bit of pressure as the firecracker stood in front of her. That was the name that Briar had given her in her head. That energy and exuberance just reminded her of a firecracker. Now, she definitely needed to deliver. Briar held her bag against her leg as she dug in it. The strap slipping from her arm as she found what she was looking for. Briar held it up with a grin. It appeared to be some kind of computer of sort. "This is George. He can pinpoint other mutants." A mutant finder. Not that she had really tried to make one. It had just happened.

"It's nothing really. He's not powered up at the moment, but he's my newest project. Pretty sure he has a few bugs." Her head tilted to the side as she looked towards the other woman wondering what she would think of it. This little contraption was her current pride and joy. Hopefully, the other woman would like it. Briar knew that it could be dangerous in the wrong hands, but she also knew they probably wouldn't be able to power it on unless they had Briar. "Soo, do I get a cookie?"

PM
^
Jubilation Lee
 Posted: Jun 27 2018, 12:18 PM
Jubilee
25 AGE
13 POSTS
Unaffiliated
CLASS 3

It was official. Jubilee was adopting this one, and there wasn’t a soul in this world or the next who was going to change her mind. From that cute little face palm to the clear skill in stealing things, she was exactly the type of person to get picked up and carried around like some little prize pet. Sure, as time went on, Briar would become more than that, but for now, she was a puppy who needed love and affection. Then of course, the ultimate stamp came upon hearing the words ‘sense them’, and something in the firecracker’s mind seemed to light, blinking at the other woman and her complete lack of care with her words. Jubilee’s eyes might have watered with delight if she wasn’t trying her best to look nothing but pleasant and grinning, wanting to smoosh her. “Wait wait. You sense badly treated objects?” Wow, she really hoped no one ever spoke to some of her stuff (not that she mistreated a lot, but she had been rather rude to some computers at times, and the stories some of her other objections might say about it, well…). “Does that mean you’re a mutant too? Wait, you rescue them like a little maskless hero? Okay, you’re cute, and mine.”

There was no one going to argue with her as they got off to the side, somewhere easier to discuss just those two without anyone looking. The feeling of anticipation was strong inside her, wondering what mysteries were going to be pulled from the bag, her imagination running wild. “Hello George~” Jubilee already spoke to her toasted, so why not talk to what seemed like a little computer - who apparently could help find other mutants. “How does he find mutants?” As far as Jubilee was aware, that was a power usually given to a mutant themselves - unless of course it got ahold of your blood, or DNA? The firecracker didn’t lean in as close to the little computer as perhaps she would normally like, not wanting it to steal her blood. Imaginations were a powerful thing.

Honestly, she was curious as anything, as always, but wasn’t sure if it was something she was going to understand. Still, she’d try. “Cookie? Oh Tinkerer, I’ll buy you a few, come on.” She turned on her heel, pulling Briar along with her gently, arm still over her shoulder. It wasn’t hard to walk along with someone under your arm - and Jubilee was usually the one under it so she was enjoying this experience fully. The firecracker led the other towards a little shop she often frequented, full of sweet drinks and biscuity things (and so many cookies, most of them available only half cooked). She pulled out her wallet, which had a great deal more in it than it had easier, pulling out some notes. “Just tell me what you want, it’s yours.” She nudged her softly, winking. “Not like I’m paying. So, go wild.” That was whispered, despite no one really paying too much attention to two friendly girls walking into the place.

“I will say though, I do wanna know how George works. And what else you make, or liberate… or what’s the worst someone’s done to a cute little electronic thing.” Despite having a cookie not long ago, Jubilee ordered herself several, mostly so she'd have some to take home... maybe even share with a few other thieves if they ended up coming to see how her day went.

@Briar Sterling
PM
^
Briar Sterling
 Posted: Jul 2 2018, 01:51 PM
Glitch
Nineteen AGE
12 POSTS
Unaffiliated
CLASS 2

There was something about the other girl that put Briar at ease. She usually wasn't as trusting of strangers, but she had witnessed the woman stealing. In her head, they were on a different level. Both thieves in their own way. Briar felt hers was more rescuing than stealing. Her confidence not faltering when Firecracker asked her if she sensed mistreated objects. An impish grin coming to her lips. "Yes, I'm a mutant. I can only sense it when it comes to electronics. I'm not like sensing a pair of mistreated socks or anything. I don't think I'd like that power very much. I guess what most mutants would call me is a technopath." A small giggle coming from her lips as she shrugged her shoulders. "They tell me things. I mean they tell me when I ask. If they need rescuing, I'm more than willing to pick a few pockets."

Having been claimed by the pretty stranger, Briar was more than willing to show off her gadget. It was her pride and joy. This would also make finding others like her a bit easier. A smile on her lips when Firecracker seemed impress though weary of it. How did he find mutants? Briar quickly got a hold of herself before she explained not wanting to get too complicated. "So brainwaves, we all have them, right? I've tweaked George into reading brainwaves because mutants run at a different frequency than humans do. It's a bunch of boring science stuff, but that's the simplest way to explain it. Don't worry, he's not on right now so it won't sound an alert or anything." She placed him back in her bag. "He still glitches though so I've been working on him the past few months."

The little technopath had hoped that she had earned herself a cookie. She really thought they looked delicious, and she had really tried to impress with George. The machine was tucked back away as the arm around her led her in the direction of the shop. Her eyes lit up at the thought of a few cookies. There were sugar ones, chocolate chip ones, and a few others that she had her eye on when she passed the shop earlier. Looking around, she was almost like a small child in a candy shop. Her eyes were bright as she tried to decide what she wanted. Finally, she decided on a few cookies making sure to tuck a couple into her bag for later while getting an iced mocha to drink. Briar didn't need the caffeine, but she really liked the chocolate flavoring.

"I mean I could give you a demonstration...though he might just puff out smoke and decide to completely disobey me." Briar was nibbling on her cookie. "The worst I've heard is someone dropping their phone in the toilet aaand then they continued to use it. Pretty disgusting. I made sure to extra sanitize that one because ew." She looked towards her companion. "You asked if I was a mutant too...what can you do? If you don't mind me asking."

PM
^
Jubilation Lee
 Posted: Jul 13 2018, 04:33 PM
Jubilee
25 AGE
13 POSTS
Unaffiliated
CLASS 3

Mutants stuck together, at least in Jubilee’s eyes. Everyone who had always helped her had turned out to be a mutant, and it just so happened after her family died she only seemed to surround herself with her own kind. Was she racist? Maybe… but could you blame her when she usually had so much trouble caused by humans? “Well, hello there little mutant.” She rather literally cooed, trying to ignore the little voice that told her never to let Briar talk to her toaster, thinking she might know too much if she did. It was always relatively easy to get along with someone who stole too, as long as they stuck to the thieves rules of conduct (don’t steal from each other unless you are rivals etc), and looking at George being put away, she really did wonder if Briar knew about that sort of thing. Was she part of a group? Had this all been self taught? “Sounds vastly more complicated than I’m willing to deal with right now. I’m a fast learner but I don’t think I can deal without a few hours to make diagrams and notes. So simple works.” At least it made sense that their kind worked on a different wavelength, especially since they were bloody better in the evolutionary chain of things.

Popular opinion as that was outside of the mutant terrorists that were about (whoops, yeah she didn’t want part of that, she didn’t really want to be a badguy).

Along with a new drink, Jubilee picked out a few more cookies for herself as well as whatever it was that Briar wanted - paying with someone elses money when they got to the till. No one batted an eyelid, of course, because the firecracker’s confidence in herself would convince anyone. She even winked at the cashier, putting the change in the tip jar because what did she care for it? If she wanted more, she’d just take a little off someone else who didn’t need it later. She shoved a cookie in her mouth as they began to walk to the tables, apparently decided if they were going to do this, they were going to do this right. She plopped herself down on a rather comfortable chair, a little away from anyone else so that people wouldn’t be able to listen in all that easily. Putting her booted feet on the legs of the table, she watched the other rather easily - a neutral expression across her face. “Yeah, that’s why you never use your phone on the toilet… you know, while flushing. Just, leave it until you’re free of piss.” Which seemed like common sense really, but then again, Jubilee did always find herself constantly surprised by people’s lack of it. Yes, she did a lot of stupid shit, but she expected bad things to happen - she never put anything she actually cared about or needed in jeopardy (obviously other than herself~).

She considered, then, for a moment, how best to describe what it was she did. To most, they looked at her and thought she made pretty lights with some sounds… yeah, that was the simple way. Her eyes flickered to her knuckles, looking at the little scars there and connecting them too to what she did. It wasn’t so easily explained when it came down to it, but that was giving just a little bit too much information to someone she hadn’t known for more than an hour, at most. “Don’t mind at all!” Jubilee’s voice was honest and chirpy, taking a swig of her iced tea before actually decided what she would say - gave her that extra few seconds, after all. “[i]Some[i] people call me the human firecracker. I can set off fireworks anywhere I choose, or just make things sparkly.” To demonstrate, the young woman put her hand in front of her face, making her fingers rather literally glitter, clearly not caring who was watching. She was proud, loud, and if people wanted to come for her for being a mutant, well…. Let them. Jubilee even decided to let one of her little lights linger around her shoulder, looking like a little gold butterfly, simply resting. “I mostly go under the radar because my brain doesn’t want me being detected. Also helps I’m a good thief and know when to quit.” Which was a lie… but Briar really didn’t need to know that.

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Affiliates
Candyland Couture Shadowplay
UNCANNY EVOLUTION Heroes Reborn WHAT WE CHOOSE
GLITTER & GOLD Infinite Dreams